Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That Sat 18th/Sun 19th June 2011 -- No ticket sales/advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

karaokeman wrote: »
    Support act has been confirmed, its the Pet Shop Boys.

Don't know if this will be for the whole tour but hopefully we will still get Cheryl for the Irish dates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/04/04/pet-shop-boys-to-support-take-that-on-tour-115875-23036109/

I would rather see the Pet Shop Boys sing than Cheryl possibly mime! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,671 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So no One Direction, Tinie Tempah or Cheryl Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So no One Direction, Tinie Tempah or Cheryl Cole

Seriously where are al these One Direction rumours coming from.

You would think they'd have someone bigger like the Pet Shop Boys supporting such a massive tour. One Direction don't even have an album out yet so I'd imagine they'd play support to smaller venues than a string of stadiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Regardless of who it is, thank jesus its not One Direction.

Seriously where are al these One Direction rumours coming from.

You would think they'd have someone bigger like the Pet Shop Boys supporting such a massive tour. One Direction don't even have an album out yet so I'd imagine they'd play support to smaller venues than a string of stadiums.

Simon Cowell supposedly asked Gary Barlow to take One Direction on tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Simon Cowell supposedly asked Gary Barlow to take One Direction on tour

I'd love a bitta one direction. The vodka will be nicely in effect by then

I was hoping it was going to be The Wanted and Olly Murs

I was hoping it was going to be The Wanted and Olly Murs

At least they would be two acts somewhat relateable to the majority of the crowd.

Olly is loved by old and young and the wanted are tolerable enough from a male point of view but One Direction would just be a nightmare to watch for any males in the crowd as they're specifically aimed at the teenage girl.

The Pussycat Dolls supported them last time at the RDS, I guess I expected a better and bigger act this time around than Pet Shop Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

The Pussycat Dolls supported them last time at the RDS, I guess I expected a better and bigger act this time around than Pet Shop Boys

Better and bigger? I dont think they could get a bigger act than the Pet Shop Boys. I havent listened to much of them but they are pretty big, much bigger than the pussycat dolls.

I do however think the pussycat dolls would of been more suitable (if they were together).

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    Better and bigger? I dont think they could get a bigger act than the Pet Shop Boys. I havent listened to much of them but they are pretty big, much bigger than the pussycat dolls.

I do however think the pussycat dolls would of been more suitable (if they were together).

To a point I do agree with you that PSB are bigger than PCD.

But the Pet Shop Boys have such a different fan base to Take That.

I know loads of people who love Take That and like the Pussycat Dolls or The Script (who supported TT in Wembley last year) , but I know very few fans who are fans of both TT and Pet Shop Boys.

And also, without causing any offence to the Pet Shop Boys or their fans, they haven't been relevant or even a presence in mainstream music in an extremely long time, so the decision to have a band not in the same spectrum as Take That is just very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

I know loads of people who love Take That and like the Pussycat Dolls or The Script (who supported TT in Wembley last year) , but I know very few fans who are fans of both TT and Pet Shop Boys.

And also, without causing any offence to the Pet Shop Boys or their fans, they haven't been relevant or even a presence in mainstream music in an extremely long time, so the decision to have a band not in the same spectrum as Take That is just very odd.

Completely agree with you. Hence why i said the pussycat dolls would be more suitable.

I also think One Direction would be a good opening act. We are not going to get anybody big to open and to get the lastest boy band wouldnt be a bad touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

/waves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

For those without tickets I got an email from Ticketmaster today that there is some production tickets after being released.

Anyone still buzzing for this gig?

I am soooooo excited with just over a month left to go and it will be my first time seeing both Take That and Robbie Williams, which is even better:D!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure we should try keep this conversation going seen as how this will be one of the gigs of the year. One of the best in the history of pop music even.

I'll be checking the following weekend for videos of their first gig in Sunderland and then find out the setlist, see how much of Robbie's solo material we will see in the show.

Also finding out what Take That are planning for the show. They've said it will be bigger and better than the Circus tour.

Oh happy days, roll on June 19th and the 18th for people attending the first night:)

Anyone still buzzing for this gig?

I am soooooo excited with just over a month left to go and it will be my first time seeing both Take That and Robbie Williams, which is even better:D!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure we should try keep this conversation going seen as how this will be one of the gigs of the year. One of the best in the hitory of pop music even.

I'll be checking the following weekend for videos of their first gig in Sunderland and then find out the setlist, see how much of Robbie's solo material we will see in the show.

Also finding out what Take That are planning for the show. They've said it will be bigger and better than the Circus tour.

Oh happy days, roll on June 19th and the 18th for people attending the first night:)

Jaysus don't oversell it mate!

I'm going on the 19th, but I'm seeing Kings of Leon and The Killers on the 23rd and 24th so Take That are kind of being forgotten atm, I think thats a good thing though, the "greatest show of all time" will sort of sneak up on me. :D

Jaysus don't oversell it mate!

I'm going on the 19th, but I'm seeing Kings of Leon and The Killers on the 23rd and 24th so Take That are kind of being forgotten atm, I think thats a good thing though, the "greatest show of all time" will sort of sneak up on me. :D

Yes I should oversell it.

The Progress tour is the biggest selling and most popular tour of all time in UK history. If you should know ticket demands are twice as high as that of Michael Jackson's planned concerts at the o2.

Take That are one of the greatest pop bands ever and they should be treated like it too.

Yes I should oversell it.

The Progress tour is the biggest selling and most popular tour of all time in UK history. If you should know ticket demands are twice as high as that of Michael Jackson's planned concerts at the o2.

Take That are one of the greatest pop bands ever and they should be treated like it too.

Just because someone sells more tickets doesn't make them the 'best' pop band of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

In fairness to Karaokeman he doesn't say they are the "best" but one of the greatest. We all know The Beatles were the best ;)

musicmania wrote: »
    In fairness to Karaokeman he doesn't say they are the "best" but one of the greatest. We all know The Beatles were the best ;)

Thanks for putting this to rest.

I will not claim Take That are "the best" band of all time because I have not heard every popular band on Earth. But I certainly believe they are one of the best because Gary Barlow is a fantastic songwriter.

I won't get into too much detail about the Beatles. I agree they are one of the best bands of all time but in my opinion they're not "the best".

I have no opinion about who the best band in the world is because I have many left to hear.

• Advertisement

Apologies I misread that. I was gonna say The Beatles myself but I thought people might make the claim that they weren't pop or whatever. We don't need to argue anyway, we all know Take That are ledgeballs :P

http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-and-pop/33606-take-that-to-provide-backing-vocals-for-robbie.html

It appears Take That will be performing some vocals with Robbie William for his medley of solo hits during the tour.

So that puts to rest the rumours the performance would be TT4, followed by Robbie Williams and finishing with TT5.

But this may satisfy some fans who were more looking forward to a "Take That concert" than a Robbie Williams one.

<edit>

It will be like Robbie's entire back catalouge will be reinvented as Take That songs.

Final tickets on sale tomorrow morning

Final tickets on sale tomorrow morning

They're gone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Tickets available for the sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dracman

sorry to break the take that mojo people....but "oh yea"...bring on the petshopboys....:D Im actually more excited seeing them now....(dont worry the missus will make up for the take that side...shes dying to see them). For thos who said they havent been a part of music for ages.....look again;) (ask robbie williams). Neil tennant and chris Lowe are constantly involved with artists and song writing as well as producing albums.

Enjoy the concert folks :)

D1976 wrote: »
    Tickets available for the sunday

standing or sitting?

How is everyone planning to get to Croker on sunday?

I'm going on the 2nd date but worried over lack of trains on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hitherehoware

Hey guys, I have a ticket for the take that concert on saturday but am now unable to attend.Its an e-ticket that I have printed out so I imagine I might have trouble shifting it.Just wondering if anyone knows of any good sites to resell tickets?Very short notice with just a week to go,but I just wanna get back what I paid for it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

• Advertisement

Hey guys, I have a ticket for the take that concert on saturday but am now unable to attend.Its an e-ticket that I have printed out so I imagine I might have trouble shifting it.Just wondering if anyone knows of any good sites to resell tickets?Very short notice with just a week to go,but I just wanna get back what I paid for it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

www.toutless.com

Advertisement