Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That Sat 18th/Sun 19th June 2011 -- No ticket sales/advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

does any one know when the last few tickets are goin on sale for take that in croke park

• Registered Users Posts: 86,671 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there more support acts besides Pet Shop Boys?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

ap1986 wrote: »
    does any one know when the last few tickets are goin on sale for take that in croke park

Doubt there will be seeing as its only a few days away!

if you need tickets, check out toutless or adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

Hi

Going to Take That on Sunday in Dublin. We have never really gone to big outdoor concerts before in Croke Park and wonder what is the general run of things.

Doors open at 6pm.

What time does the support group usually come on stage and what time would Take That come on stage approximately. What time would the concert end approximately.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

shovel wrote: »
    Hi

Going to Take That on Sunday in Dublin. We have never really gone to big outdoor concerts before in Croke Park and wonder what is the general run of things.

Doors open at 6pm.

What time does the support group usually come on stage and what time would Take That come on stage approximately. What time would the concert end approximately.

http://www.crokepark.ie/events/upcoming-events/take-that-2011-progress-tour

Take That - two dates at Croke Park on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June 2011 as part of their Progress Live 2011 Tour.
    Pet Shop Boys on stage - 7.15pm
    Take That on stage - 8.45pm
    Please note these times are subject to change.
    This is the first time in 16 years the band will tour as a five piece and marks their biggest tour to date. The Progress Live Tour 2011 will be a feast for the imagination, charting the evolution and progress of the band through their extraordinary 20-year history. The spectacular live shows will celebrate Take That’s biggest hits from the last two decades and, will also see Robbie Williams take to the stage to perform songs from his incredible chart-topping solo career.
    Croke Park is situated in a residential area. We appeal to all fans to respect the local community by not littering, not engaging in anti social behaviour and not parking illegally.
    Garda Traffic Management Plan in operation with details available on www.garda.ie
    Special Needs Information Stand is located behind the Cusack Stand and Special Needs Parking is available in Clonliffe College off Drumcondra Road. For Further Information call 0818 715 658 or visit www.mcd.ie.
    Credit Card Collection / Guest List available from the official ticket outlet at the corner of Russell Street and North Circular Road.
    Directions to Croke Park.
    For latest live show day traffic updates call AA Roadwatch on 1550 22 22 11 (Premium Rate Apply) or Tune in to 2FM.
    Translink will operate a special late night return rail service to Belfast following the Take That concerts. Visit www.translink.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,671 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

karaokeman wrote: »
    How is everyone planning to get to Croker on sunday?

I'm going on the 2nd date but worried over lack of trains on sunday.

There is quite a few trains going from Cork on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scatsflynn

ap1986 wrote: »

I Have 2 pitch tickets for the saturday show for sale. face value €70 if your interested..!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Did you reckon id get cheap tickets to either night if i waited till friday to search toutless/donedeal etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

bigpink wrote: »
    Did you reckon id get cheap tickets to either night if i waited till friday to search toutless/donedeal etc?

probably! as people who don't want them and need cash may sell lower than they had inticipated!

Quite cheap now though - most are selling below face value!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

Hartyk87 wrote: »
    http://www.crokepark.ie/events/upcoming-events/take-that-2011-progress-tour

Take That - two dates at Croke Park on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June 2011 as part of their Progress Live 2011 Tour.
    Pet Shop Boys on stage - 7.15pm
    Take That on stage - 8.45pm
    Please note these times are subject to change.
    This is the first time in 16 years the band will tour as a five piece and marks their biggest tour to date. The Progress Live Tour 2011 will be a feast for the imagination, charting the evolution and progress of the band through their extraordinary 20-year history. The spectacular live shows will celebrate Take That’s biggest hits from the last two decades and, will also see Robbie Williams take to the stage to perform songs from his incredible chart-topping solo career.
    Croke Park is situated in a residential area. We appeal to all fans to respect the local community by not littering, not engaging in anti social behaviour and not parking illegally.
    Garda Traffic Management Plan in operation with details available on www.garda.ie
    Special Needs Information Stand is located behind the Cusack Stand and Special Needs Parking is available in Clonliffe College off Drumcondra Road. For Further Information call 0818 715 658 or visit www.mcd.ie.
    Credit Card Collection / Guest List available from the official ticket outlet at the corner of Russell Street and North Circular Road.
    Directions to Croke Park.
    For latest live show day traffic updates call AA Roadwatch on 1550 22 22 11 (Premium Rate Apply) or Tune in to 2FM.
    Translink will operate a special late night return rail service to Belfast following the Take That concerts. Visit www.translink.co.uk

Thanks for that

• Advertisement

FYI guys,

Ticketmaster have pitch standing tickets for sale at the moment. Not sure about seated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Hey i'm going to the gig from donegal and was wondering what time the gig should be over roughly as i need to get a bus eireann bus home

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Hey i'm going to the gig from donegal and was wondering what time the gig should be over roughly as i need to get a bus eireann bus home

Probably 11pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

really? but they don't take the stage til 8:45 or something like that don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I think it will be longer than that, maybe 11.15 because they have almost 30 songs in the setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Well law states outdoor concerts in residential areas have to be over by 11pm or massive fines will be incurred. We may get a few minutes after 11pm but it won't be much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Does anybody know how many rows are allocated to each letter on the pitch (standing) tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Thanks for the info on the previous page hartyk87, and to everyone else in regards to the finishing time.

I'm spending Sat night in town (harcourt street), I was wondering what would be the quickest/best way to get back into the city centre after the show? I know the drumcondra station is close to Croke park. It might just be easier walking and save the hassle of waiting. From the times I've visited Old trafford I know how manic it is when 76,000 leave a stadium at once.

If anyone has an opinion or suggestion I'd be grateful, thanks.

Really looking forward to the concert :)

hey , just wondering if anyone knows what the situation is with drinking in croker tomorrow night?

i know the seated can slip back to the bars but what about those on the pitch? we will hardly be let into the bars.
    any chance of getting a drink in there at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

bubblypop wrote: »
    hey , just wondering if anyone knows what the situation is with drinking in croker tomorrow night?

i know the seated can slip back to the bars but what about those on the pitch? we will hardly be let into the bars.

I'd be surprised if they didn't set up a bar for the standing people. No reason we can't drink.

• Advertisement

Its funny because this is the weekend Robbie Williams will break his promise of a free gig.

Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSkV4_G6jGc

bubblypop wrote: »

There were guys with backpacks at the last gig walking around selling beer and wine so i would say it'll be the same again

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

karaokeman wrote: »
    Its funny because this is the weekend Robbie Williams will break his promise of a free gig.

Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSkV4_G6jGc

He hasn't done it .... YET! 4 minutes in!!!

Of course that's not to say it will ever happen!! :p

datk wrote: »
    He hasn't done it .... YET! 4 minutes in!!!

Of course that's not to say it will ever happen!! :p

Yeah I just thought that since many people wanted Take That to play a 3rd Croker, it would be ideal if Robbie announced his free gig (with Take That of course:cool:) either tonight or tomorrow and played it on monday.

If not I suppose it would make more sense because when Robbie mentioned the free gig, he meant a solo show.

We might get it next year after his new solo album, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Walking is probably the quickest way back - it'll take you approx 40 minutes to walk to Harcourt Street (unless you stop for a pint or three) - or course a mandatory visit to Abrakebra also needs to be factored in

"I was wondering what would be the quickest/best way to get back into the city centre after the show?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

walk.....definitely the quickest, there should be plenty of people from the crowd walking in, so just follow the crowd.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What time they on at tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Found it. 8:45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Anyone know who is supporting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

AG2R wrote: »
    Anyone know who is supporting?

Pet Shop Boys

Advertisement