Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That Sat 18th/Sun 19th June 2011 -- No ticket sales/advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The Pet Shop Boys must have the speakers turned up to 11 , as I can feel the bass in Pearse Street !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

would love to hear how it went...let us know when every one gets back from the walk/bus/train from croker...

going tomorrow and cannot wait! ive seen clips online and it looks like the front isnt necessarily going to be the place to be...they seem to come down the stage/run quite a bit?

oh i dont know if ill sleep....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

would love to hear how it went...let us know when every one gets back from the walk/bus/train from croker...

going tomorrow and cannot wait! ive seen clips online and it looks like the front isnt necessarily going to be the place to be...they seem to come down the stage/run quite a bit?

oh i dont know if ill sleep....:)
    Yeah, cmon guys, 80,000 of ye there and not one comment, how was it, going tomorrow as well, on the pitch....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Just back. AMAZING. I can't tell you how much the crowd loved those lads. Robbie Williams blew the crowd away. The production, stage, dancers, set up - pure class. You didnt have to be a take that fan to enjoy the show, it was pure magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Amazing show!!

I wouldn't be a huge fan but was definitely well impressed

I have to agree Robbie really stole the show
    he's one showman!

A4CC25303AF8452C96117792C32C8A16-0000323799-0002381201-00800L-280C8C29F66C48B89E8FBFD723ADF658.jpg

F417589E00074DF8A1E446BE8B2546F7-0000323799-0002381202-00800L-F36685796A0E452D8BB9A08A75C8AB3C.jpg

More here http://pix.ie/mickh51/album/413256

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Was the sound good? can always be a problem for stadium gigs. going tomorow, not my sort of music in the slightest but randomly got tickets from a mate. looking forward to it now have to say, that stage looks epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

absolutely amazing gig. The stage production was amazing as well as the music. I was really blown away by the whole thing. Have fun tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

You're all in for a treat tomorrow! Take That were brilliant but Robbie is THE MAN! :D Take That came on, got a great reception and sang about five songs. Then Robbie came on and the whole place lifted, I don't think Robbie will ever be able to open with anything other than Let Me Entertain You, I certainly wouldn't approve!

Then all five are on and the stage starts doing things, it was brilliant. I was in the Cusack Stand and I know from previous concerts that the sound quality can vary quite a bit - I was worried after the Pet Shop Boys - they were good but a lot of base that seemed at times to just feel like noise. Didn't realise I knew so many of their songs - they had a good stage show going as well - normally the support act comes on with the bare minimum.

Robbie did mentioned the free gig - he said he was going to do it this time but Gary Barlow wouldn't allow it!! He quickly said he was joking but did say that it would happen.

Mark Owen requested a rendition of Fields of Athenry and his wish was duly granted!

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

What's with the human figure in the back round. Would too be doing the building on stage it looks like it could be so much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Hope you might enjoy this...

See how the crowd reacts ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNvc28ipmFU

Video is still processsing but it should be 1080P when its finished etc..

The video screens were out of sync with the sound we were getting from the relayed PA Towers at the back of the stadium - its not a fault with the clip etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

bonoman66 wrote: »

The video screens were out of sync with the sound we were getting from the relayed PA Towers at the back of the stadium - its not a fault with the clip etc..

Light travels faster than sound so on a large site, such as a stadium, the screens won't be in sync the further away from the stage you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Hey everyone.

Seen the videos and I have to say last night looked epic.

I'm just wondering what entrance do we go through for standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Payton

Have to say I would'nt be a TT fan but the show was good, not brillant. The stage was outstanding :eek:. We noticed a few people leaving about an hour in as it is with every gig. Just my 2 cent worth, Take That is nothing without Robbie Williams he deffinatly stole the show. Can I just throw this out there about the security staff and Im not being racist, but I found them very very ignorant, no people skills. Ive done security at gigs before but manners cost nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I was right by the barrier along the stage, and I didn't find the security guys by us ignorant in the slightest.
    The show was simply amazing. Where we were, Robbie came right over our heads, as did Mark on the hand. Robbie, Howard and Jason all came up along at the end shaking hands also.
    The stage was simply fantastic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

wow such a big gathering of delusional people, hopefully one day they'll go to a real gig, shudder!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

karaokeman wrote: »

I'm just wondering what entrance do we go through for standing?

Foster Terrace/James Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

SOO wish I was going again tonight - it was amazing. Im not an obsessive TT fan but I think I might become one after last night.. amazing amazing show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Anyone with seated tickets manage to get onto the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

What time were pet shop boys on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

They were on at 7.30 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elmo1985

Does anyone know can you drink on the pitch? Was at westlife last year, and you couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

No alcohol or Coca cola allowed on the pitch
    loads of signs up stating this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Payton

elmo1985 wrote: »
    Does anyone know can you drink on the pitch? Was at westlife last year, and you couldn't.
    Plenty of signs up saying your not allowed, but people were drinking on the pitch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

WHat time did it finish last night - I'm off this eve and can't wait!!!

what2do wrote: »
    WHat time did it finish last night - I'm off this eve and can't wait!!!

just after 11 i think, you lucky thing heading tonight, would go again if i could! you're in for a big treat!

Sacred_git wrote: »
    wow such a big gathering of delusional people, hopefully one day they'll go to a real gig, shudder!

you must find it hard to hear at a "real gig", with your head up your arse?

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

temply wrote: »
    you must find it hard to hear at a "real gig", with your head up your arse?

:rolleyes:

oooh - go by ok magazine!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

cee_jay wrote: »
    They were on at 7.30 I think.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

..and here's Love Love from the gig later in the night when the full effects of the lighting take better effect...enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wNDXg7oQ_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

I was at my first ever TT gig last night, OMG what an absolutely brilliant night, Robbie is such a showman, i love him, the set, the dancers, everything really, i enjoyed every single second of it. The PSB were brilliant too, a good few empty seats when they started, which i was suprised at because they are a great band (i have been a fan for years so perhaps i'm biased) would love to be there again tonight.

Advertisement