Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That Sat 18th/Sun 19th June 2011 -- No ticket sales/advertising

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Great gig, great stageshow. Didn't see any problems and the security guys I chatted to were lovely. The stage was very impressive especially as it got darker. Having seen some clips from the stands I'm so glad we were on the pitch. We stood near the end of the run way not realizing they'd be using it so we got really close. If anyone has a clip for Circus (I think) with the caterpillar and trees etc I'd love to see it. As we were so close we didn't get the full visual effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Just got back from last nights show and I have to say it was the best gig I've ever seen.

Robbie definitely stole the show, me and my mate ended up lifting two of the women next to us. They were all lusting for RW, I just had to remind them all he's married.

I will defo be going the next time, Gary said it won't be 2 years before they play Croke Park again so hopefully it will be the 5 of them again next time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

anyone got a video of robbies rap about dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

well that was pretty amazing. was there last night and from start to finish i danced and sang and screamed! thought the whole production was amazing.

was just at the end of the runway to the left which was perfect..got a few good snaps...one of Gary Barlow looking right at me...nom nom!

couldnt believe when Robbie broke into Rudebox and whats worse I remember the lyrics...I cant remember the last time i listened to that.

They really but on a great so and have to say Gary Barlow's voice is brilliant live. loved it all now..I've a clip of Robbie doing "Take A Walk On The Wildside" and he says "better than last night" :) woot! They seemed to really enjoy it last night. see Rob said aswell "We should have shot the DVD here"....

Over all just brilliant...even someone who doesnt like them and managed to be there for some reason must have some grá towards them after that...

but1er wrote: »
    anyone got a video of robbies rap about dublin?

No sorry.

But that rap was the song Rudebox.

He did it in the middle of Kidz just to get the crowd excited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Undercover_

I must say I was very dissapointed by it, thought the gig was good but not great, and in comparison to The Circus (which was amazing) I thought it felt disjointed and a bit meh at times.

There were deffo moments of magic, Robbie stole the show, but overall I wasnt all that impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Well I was there and the only words I can use for the show was "MAGIC" it was brilliant from start to finish and worth every cent to get in. Well done guys :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss.Marple

Have to say I would'nt be a TT fan but the show was good, not brillant. The stage was outstanding :eek:. We noticed a few people leaving about an hour in as it is with every gig. Just my 2 cent worth, Take That is nothing without Robbie Williams he deffinatly stole the show. Can I just throw this out there about the security staff and Im not being racist, but I found them very very ignorant, no people skills. Ive done security at gigs before but manners cost nothing!

Have to disagree with you here..Take That were just as successful if not more when Robbie left..the proof being their record breaking sell out Circus Tour shows 2 years ago..Robbie needs Take That WAY more than they need him..if not why doesnt he try sellout large arena gigs himself..i like Robbie but didnt think he stole the show at all last night..the sections of them as a band together i rathered..the show IMO was AMAZING!!Total legends..been a fan forever,they never fail to impress at shows etc..totally deserve all their success..Anyone notice how HOT Jason was looking:D??!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Last night was EPIC.
    I went with St.John Ambulance so didn't get to see all of it but I seen alot and it was deadly. Robbie was immense

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Epic, Awesome and all other words to describe amazing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

karaokeman wrote: »
    Just got back from last nights show and I have to say it was the best gig I've ever seen.

Robbie definitely stole the show, me and my mate ended up lifting two of the women next to us. They were all lusting for RW, I just had to remind them all he's married.

I will defo be going the next time, Gary said it won't be 2 years before they play Croke Park again so hopefully it will be the 5 of them again next time:)

I hope you gave your neck a good wipe afterwards!

How hot was Jason last night ladies:D???Off the scale:p!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Robbie tweeted that last night was the best out of the two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Wasnt a take that fan but went along with a mate last night, have to say I really enjoyed it. great atmosphere, everyone was farily well on and dancing away. Robbie Williams really knows how to work a crowd. had random women on my shoulders the whole time.

On an unrelated note, I thought lads were bad in quinns on a sunday match day for pushing through crowds......women with handbags the size of suitcases are ten times worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I must say I was very dissapointed by it, thought the gig was good but not great, and in comparison to The Circus (which was amazing) I thought it felt disjointed and a bit meh at times.

There were deffo moments of magic, Robbie stole the show, but overall I wasnt all that impressed

I agree. A good show but not a patch on the circus and very a disjointed feel to it with the - without robbie/only robbie/with robbie sections.

In fairness to them though, I completely understand why they have let Robbie back in, they certainly do not need him though.

I thought "OM" was a waste of time though. Just wasn't the least bit impressed with it, compared to the Elephant from the circus of course.

A good gig nonetheless and a great night was had by all so alls well that ends well.

Robbie needs Take That WAY more than they need him..if not why doesnt he try sellout large arena gigs himself

I am very sorry to say I disagree with that statement and pardon me for sticking up for Robbie.

Robbie has tried and succeeded in selling large arenas (stadiums more like) and many more than Take That.

I like both TT and RW but what people fail to see is that Robbie has a much bigger international fan base. As big as TT are in the UK and Europe they cannot match the success Robbie has had in South America, South Africa, Australia and elsewhere.

On Robbie's last solo tour he played 59 stadiums all over the world, that included 5 dates at Milton Keynes Bowl and other dates in Amsterdam Arena, Hampden Park, Croke Park and elsewhere.

Robbie's tour would have been extended to over 60 stadium shows but he cancelled the Asian leg due to exhaustion. TT played 20 stadiums in the UK and Ireland so when you look at it in comparison, Robbie has done better overall.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a TT fan but all this bias towards Robbie has to stop. He was an ***hole the first time he was in TT but he's learned his lesson now and the boys have moved on.

Thats all there is to it and TT never would have known how a reunion with Robbie would go unless they did it so I agree with Gary that letting him back was the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,668 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

One of the best gigs I was ever at long live the fab 5 hope they are back again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

pretty poor gig to be honest for the price, if robbie wasnt there it would have been worse, robbie rocked an got crowed going when he came on, when TT came went back to going through the motions

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Ok here is my thoughts on Saturday night. As a stand alone TT concert it was very good but in my humble opinion The Circus was way better. I think the splitting the concert 3 ways didn't work that well and Robbie well and truly stole the show. I'm not really a fan of him as a person but I like his music and seeing his perform Saturday showed me he is one hell of a showman and should that free concert materialise I'll be getting everyone I know to apply for tickets!

baldymac wrote: »
    pretty poor gig to be honest for the price, if robbie wasnt there it would have been worse, robbie rocked an got crowed going when he came on, when TT came went back to going through the motions
    We musta been at different gigs if you thought that was poor:eek:!!As for going through the motions i think it was indeed Mr.Williams who was doing this..hence the reason he gave the same spiel to the audience both nights:D!!We can agree to disagree anyway;)!!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I got engaged a few hours before the concert on Sunday but I'd have left him in a heartbeat for Jason! (Only joking :D Kinda...:p Christ he was looking well!!)

Fantastic gig for what it was, a reunion with Robbie. Got to admit I prefer them as a four piece and him on his own but it was still a fantastic night. I forgot how much of a showman Robbie is. I've seen them countless times in concert since the good old days but I have to say I don't think this tour topped The Circus, I doubt anything ever will. There was just something really special about that tour.

They still put on an amazing show though and would kick the crap out of the likes of Westlife, Boyzone etc when it comes to touring.

My feet are still killing me! :D

Advertisement