Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yey for the local bike shop

• 26-10-2010 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

I had a blowout on friday while cycling home in the rain at 25kmph. When I went to replace the tube I discovered that the bead had parted from the tyre resulting in the tyre wall pulling away and causing the blowout. On Satuday I went back to the shop with the tyre and wheel to see what could have caused this to happen. The guys working there took one look at the tyre and offered to fit a new one and tube for free, I didn't even have to ask for it. I'm quite happy about how things turned out so the local shop will certainly be getting more business from me again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭redzone

Post the name of the bike shop.With good service like that maybe more people might support them . Recently I've had some very bad service from one of the larger bike shops in Dublin , a simple service and part replacement turned into a big event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

The shop was Duffs in Donaghmede shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was in there on Saturday looking for brake pads. Very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Can I post my honest opinion??? I find them rude(except for one guy) and overpriced. Won't ever go back. €12 to fix a puncture!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I like my local bike shop, they're friendly and do a 1 day service. Unfortunatley they forgot to straighten out my bars (I took a bit of a spill on Friday). In general though, they're great.

I got terrible service at one of the bigger places, left her in for a service and they didn't even bother inflating the tyres.

• Advertisement
Advertisement