Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Macbook connecting to Belkin router

Options
  • 26-10-2010 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'd appreciate any help at all with this as it's getting really frustrating at this stage..

I have a PC in my room which is connected to a Belkin Wireless Router. I have a 13" black Macbook and the majority of the time have problems using the web from it from downstairs. I can get full coverage and connect to the network no problem, but webpages and images especially can take ages to load, or not load at all. I have no problem using the internet on the PC.

Then the main problem, if I'm using my MacBook downstairs and somebody switches on the PC in my room, neither the MacBook nor the PC can go online as they are interfering with each other.
    I also use my Playstation3 online, so between the PS3, PC and MacBook, only one of these can ever be in use at any one time.

It's really starting to get on my nerves now, I've plenty of work to be doing but can't because others need to use the PC at times too.

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it, cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

Actually, problem solved for the moment. I think it was just a case of manually entering the DNS addresses into my MacBook in System Preferences.

The MacBook is working perfectly down here at the same time as the PC upstairs, hopefully it stays that way :)

Advertisement