Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi - RDS Arena Dublin - June 29/30 -- No ticket advertising

Options
  • 26-10-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Ive seen Bon Jovi on pretty much every tour they've played in dublin,ill prob end up at one or both of these dates but i cant see either selling out as their midweek gigs,hopefully ill be pleasantly suprised

These Dates have been Confirmed on bonjovi.com in the backstage area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Where? And how much? Have been rumoured for Download, so they may well end up there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I thought they'd be Slane contenders ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

No Sign of a venue yet i can imagine it will be the AVIVA as has been rumoured but ive got everything crossed for 2 nights in the 02... these gigs are part of the fanclub tour package http://www.bonjovi.com/travel silly money!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

RayCon wrote: »
    I thought they'd be Slane contenders ...

I think Mountcharles turned them down for Slane in 2006??? so they played Croke Park instead.

Def going to this seen them in Croke Park and Punchestown and shall be at this

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I remember at the Croke Park gig during In These Arms coming up to the solo looking at Richie, thinking here he goes, and then the other guitarist starting soloing. I was like, dude what the **** if I wanted to listen to someone play a Richie Sambora solo I'd watch one of the countless covers on youtube not be standing in a GAA field watching you fiddle away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Looks like their in the RDS :(

I was hoping for the Aviva

have to say i like the rds as a venue just lookin at the offical site they only have one date listed but on the fan club page they have 2...hmm maybe an intimate gig somewhere??

Tickets will be: Seated €65.70, 91.25, GA €81.25, Gold Circle €91.25,
    on sale Thursday 11th November from all Ticketmater outlets nationwide Booking line no. 0818 719 300 online at www.ticketmaster.ie

Once again we get ripped of tickets wise. Might see what the prices are like for the Hard Rock Calling gig

As i said to the missus when i seen the prices for the o2 residency gig...so much for work for the working man!!

Also they have listed the 28th on ticketbastard and on bon jovi.com they only list the 29th...weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That is a disgusting ticket price. I can't believe there charging for pit pass tickets. I'm assuming that's what Gold circle tickets are?

Whatever happened to being cool, music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I'm RAGING - bloody wednesday night - i've been to the last 6 Bonjovi concerts in Ireland - but i'm gonna have to take 2 days off work for this one or drive up and down the same night.:mad:

2 years waiting and this is what we get - cheers jon:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Wow, total rip off.

Was thinking about going 'til I saw those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I am VERY VERY VERY happy!!! My favourite band are playing on my birthday!!!! :D Yipee!! I don't think the prices are too bad and I'll pay the extra for the golden circle!!!

Yea the Golden Circle tickets are pit passes (i bought them for the Punchestown gig ) they are handy cause you dont need to que up but still €91 plus about €5 booking fee which is nearly €100. Also if i remember from Paul McCartney they never checked your ticket once you got it , so you could nearly chance buying a sitting ticket and pop down into the standing area

Yea the Golden Circle tickets are pit passes (i bought them for the Punchestown gig ) they are handy cause you dont need to que up but still €91 plus about €5 booking fee which is nearly €100. Also if i remember from Paul McCartney they never checked your ticket once you got it , so you could nearly chance buying a sitting ticket and pop down into the standing area

I couldn't get one for Punchestown even though I was on line when the tickets went on sale. If my memory serves me correctly they weren't available for the presales either. Did you see the past purchasers pre-sale on the TM website? I definitely bought the tickets for Punchestown on line but Bon Jovi are not coming up in my history of my account. Now that is strange :confused:

musicmania wrote: »
    I couldn't get one for Punchestown even though I was on line when the tickets went on sale. If my memory serves me correctly they weren't available for the presales either. Did you see the past purchasers pre-sale on the TM website? I definitely bought the tickets for Punchestown on line but Bon Jovi are not coming up in my history of my account. Now that is strange :confused:

Yea i was lucky i got two GC tickets when they went onsale. Im gonna check my ticketmaster account

Tickets for the Hard Rock Calling are £59 which is €67 and you will get a decent support bill aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

I thought those ticket prices are cheap!
    Compared to some of the other contries.

Looking forward to this. Sucks its on weekdays though!

Tickets for the Hard Rock Calling are £59 which is €67 and you will get a decent support bill aswell

Hmmm might look into this as well as Dublin :D May need to win the lotto but where there is a will there is a way!

Irishshin wrote: »
    I thought those ticket prices are cheap!

:eek: W..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Whatever happened to being cool, music?

You're obviously not talking about Bon Jovi.

You're obviously not talking about Bon Jovi.

I was talking about the lameness of charging 95+ euro for a pit pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

You couldn't pay me to see them again. Saw them twice in the States and they mailed both shows in. No energy or passion in what they were doing whatsoever.

Jon Bon Jovi is a little dwarf who thinks way too highly of himself when he is on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Sneaky feckers will make a fortune off of doing that though.

I wouldn't mind paying an extra bit of bob to be up the front for my favourite band, and they're exploiting that notion. :(

I hope it doesn't become commonplace to charge extra for the pit. The system of 'first come get pit passes' works much better than "pay more money to be guaranteed a spot". That and, when I went to a gig in the RDS a few years back, the smaller people in the crowd got pit passes, which is okay if you're a little person (like I was/still am)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Price is fairly steep but I am dying to see him play I will definitely be attending this gig :D

Sneaky feckers will make a fortune off of doing that though.

I wouldn't mind paying an extra bit of bob to be up the front for my favourite band, and they're exploiting that notion. :(

I hope it doesn't become commonplace to charge extra for the pit. The system of 'first come get pit passes' works much better than "pay more money to be guaranteed a spot". That and, when I went to a gig in the RDS a few years back, the smaller people in the crowd got pit passes, which is okay if you're a little person (like I was/still am)..

Agreed i have been to a few outdoor gigs where the stewards seem to pull out the kids who are getting crushed at the barriers and put them in the pit. they should be encouraged to when it comes to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

:eek: W..

:) after the London O2 prices I Was expecting prices to be €150
    That's why I think the are cheap :D
    Some other countries are over the €100 though.

Irishshin wrote: »
    :) after the London O2 prices I Was expecting prices to be €150
    That's why I think the are cheap :D
    Some other countries are over the €100 though.

Prices here are normally the most expensive so that makes a change. Just so ye know people there is a diamond circle in front of the golden circle for fan club members who purchase a vip package. I don't know the prices yet but I'm guessing huge as you get backstage and get a dinner and merchandise. Similar tickets for Macca were priced over €1000!!!!

musicmania wrote: »
    Prices here are normally the most expensive so that makes a change. Just so ye know people there is a diamond circle in front of the golden circle for fan club members who purchase a vip package. I don't know the prices yet but I'm guessing huge as you get backstage and get a dinner and merchandise. Similar tickets for Macca were priced over €1000!!!!

I'll get one of those so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Thread title altered to reflect that only one gig is confirmed. I'll change it back if a second gig is added at a later stage...

...but tbh I don't see that happening. €81 for standing tickets is an insane amount to charge. I know there are some artists (Take That, for example) which have the pulling power to charge that amount, and sell out stadiums and other large outdoor venues. But can the same be said for Bon Jovi?

I wouldn't mind seeing Bon Jovi, certainly wouldn't snub them if they headlined a festival I were going to but I'd never pay that much for one of their own headline gigs. Unless it had a really, really appetizing support bill... bands like Nickelback or Razorlight aren't going to do it for me.

Advertisement