Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi - RDS Arena Dublin - June 29/30 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Doubt it - it sounds like there are lots of tickets left!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 darraghm92

Has anyone gotten their tickets off ticketmaster? I bought them the minute they were up for sale and i'm just wondering if anyone else hasn't received their tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

darraghm92 wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten their tickets off ticketmaster? I bought them the minute they were up for sale and i'm just wondering if anyone else hasn't received their tickets

This is a method used by the likes of Ticketmaster to limit the chances of touting, so wouldn't worry bout not having tickets on you till a week before the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

darraghm92 wrote: »

I got mine in the post yesterday. (the 8th of April).

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I have to collect mine at the venue as it was bought from their website. A bit of a pain but we get into the venue an hour before everyone else so at least I'll be guaranteed a good spot against a barrier (I hope)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I got mine aswell in the post yesterday

I havent got mine yet - ordered them the week after release date!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

musicmania wrote: »
    I have to collect mine at the venue as it was bought from their website. A bit of a pain but we get into the venue an hour before everyone else so at least I'll be guaranteed a good spot against a barrier (I hope)

I wouldn't bank on a barrier spot unless you plan on camping out the night before :)

I have FC Gold and plan to start queuing at 12 and I know I will be 4/5 rows back at that!

Irishshin wrote: »
    I wouldn't bank on a barrier spot unless you plan on camping out the night before :)

I have FC Gold and plan to start queuing at 12 and I know I will be 4/5 rows back at that!

What will be will be. Last Bon Jovi concert in Punchestown I queued for hours and then even though I was close to the stage thanks to a frigging dip I could see nothing even when I moved around. Barrier or not GC will guarantee close enough and no dips in the RDS. One thing is for sure I ain't spending all day in a queue. I'll wait until they tell us what time we can collect our tickets and then decide on a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have 4 fc gold circle tickets. hopefully it will be handy enough to pick up the tickets.

img-europe.jpg

Heres a picture i got off the bon jovi website. gold circle seems close enough but not very close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

PTH2009 wrote: »
    have 4 fc gold circle tickets. hopefully it will be handy enough to pick up the tickets.

img-europe.jpg

Heres a picture i got off the bon jovi website. gold circle seems close enough but not very close

it looks like there will be a runway between the gold circle and GA, jbj will take a few trips out there and the main 4 band members go out to the middle of that for a few acoustic numbers during the set so theres a time when even the gc will be better than diamond circle and slightly worse than those at the front of general admission - keep an eye on set lists in the run-up to dublin so you know when to head to the back of the gold circle - i think they start with 'something for the pain'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Got one of the cheapo tickets right at the back. What will the view/sound be like?

baz2009 wrote: »
    Got one of the cheapo tickets right at the back. What will the view/sound be like?

Not speaking from personal experience here but I've heard the sound at the back of the RDS isn't great. As for the view I'd bring binoculars!

baz2009 wrote: »
    Not speaking from personal experience here but I've heard the sound at the back of the RDS isn't great. As for the view I'd bring binoculars!

Ya i was at Bon Jovi's last gig in the RDS and was right at the back.... it was the worst concert i've ever been at. We couldnt see a thing - we ended up watching the big screens, which were difficult enough to see too.:mad: I cant really remember about the sound quality to be honest. All i'll say is dont expect to much from it...sorry.

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Ya i was at Bon Jovi's last gig in the RDS and was right at the back.... it was the worst concert i've ever been at. We couldnt see a thing - we ended up watching the big screens, which were difficult enough to see too.:mad: I cant really remember about the sound quality to be honest. All i'll say is dont expect to much from it...sorry.

And in contrast I was at the front for that concert and it was brilliant. The layout has changed since then too which means the back is even further back. But hopefully we are wrong and it will be good back there too.

And in contrast I was at the front for that concert and it was brilliant. The layout has changed since then too which means the back is even further back. But hopefully we are wrong and it will be good back there too.

Ya where you are in a concert decides if you enjoy it or not- simple as that. After that concert i have never bought any ticket other than standing - i wouldn't dream of sitting in a big stadium now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Got my tickets today!
    Cant wait for the 30th now! Gold Circle here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Bon Jovi Live at The RDS – Opening Act Competition!

Apr 09, 2011 No Comments by Bren_Music
    Bon_Jovi_live_at_The_RDS_Opening_Act_Competition_2011_win_a_support_slot_music_scene-180x180.jpg
    Are you in a band? If so, why not take a chance to try and win a support slot with Bon Jovi when they perform live at The RDS in Dublin on Wednesday the 29th of June and Thursday the 30th of June 2011? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to share the stage with one of the greatest rock bands of all time!
    This amazing competition is brought to you by Aiken Promotions and it is open to singer songwriters as well as bands! All acts that enter must be able to perform 30 minutes of original material. Five acts will be chosen by independent judges and Bon Jovi themselves to compete live at Vicar Street in Dublin on May 19th 2011. Two winning acts will then be chosen – one supporting Bon Jovi each night.
    How cool is that!
    Previous Irish acts who won the competition before include Irish rockers Jaded Sun and Irish indie rockers DC Tempest – you can view clips of their support slots below.
    To enter the competition you must submit all the relevant details of your act along with a biography and 2 original songs.
    Click on the link below to enter and best of luck!
    http://www.facebook.com/aikenpromotions?sk=app_175391849178820

bad news - looks like richie is battling his demons again - hope he's back on his feet for June - get well soon man

from the bands official website
    JOVI TO CONTINUE TOUR

In response to questions about Richie Sambora and Bon Jovi's upcoming performance schedule, the band released the following statement today:

"Our support for Richie is absolute. He is, and will remain, a member of Bon Jovi. Although he will be absent from upcoming shows for the time being, we very much look forward to his healthy return. In the meantime, we will keep our commitment to our fans and continue our tour.

and wikipedia
    On April 28, 2011, it was announced that Sambora had made the decision to enter rehab again. The date of entry into the facility has yet to be announced but the band made an official statement that it will result in his absence from some shows during the Bon Jovi 'The Circle' tour.[29][3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Anyone any idea of who will replace Richie on tour? And do you think ticketmaster will refund tickets if he doesnt play?

• Advertisement

still no statement from the band - they kick off the tour again on saturday in the states - we'll see then - maybe he'll be back - i personally go to see him perform more than any of the others

Bobby Bandiera has played rythm guitar the last few tours and usually gets a run out centre stage at some point during the show - seems like a decent performer but wouldnt have the presence of richie - i'd say there's a lot of guys putting in their say for the slot, be a good payday and who knows if richie decides to leave it all behind - that would be a serious pity though

good luck with a refund from ticketbsatards

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone any idea of who will replace Richie on tour? And do you think ticketmaster will refund tickets if he doesnt play?

There'll be no refunds if a bon jovi gig goes ahead.

Phil X has stepped into Richie's shoes - seems to be a very popular guy sounds the business too - still want richie back for the 29th

http://www.philx.tv/

a pal of mine was at the gig in Ottawa last night and said the band were excellent

heres a review

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/less+band+member+throw+Jovi+beat/4721593/story.html

Ray Davies is supporting Bon Jovi at Hard Rock Calling

They are having the final for the competition for the opening act in Vicar Street May 19
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180046A3F1616DCF?artistid=1111177&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Ray Davies is supporting Bon Jovi at Hard Rock Calling

Never heard of him:confused:

ya i googled him...meh

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

highly doubt itll be ray davies over here.....for two reasons.........

one being, thats the hard rock festival, so its a festival lineup, not just a jovi gig,

and davies turns up at the occasional jovi gig in england as a special guest, but doubt he'd be on a euro tour.

in saying that now, i still havent got a breeze who's gonna support!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Still nothing on the support act!

And more importantly no news on Richie.
    I hope so much he will be back for Europe. Will find it very hard seeing Jovi without Richie. Esp Wanted.

Advertisement