Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi - RDS Arena Dublin - June 29/30 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

readmylips wrote: »
    ANYONE get an email from the FANCLUB yet re collection of GC tickets for the 29th?? Cos i havent and im startin to panic....:(

Yeah waitin on the email too. Im a bit worried about it i bought 4 golden circle tickets but apparently u could only buy 2 but the credit card i used was charged for 4 tickets and i espect to collect 4 tickets next wednesday. I have people taking the other 3 tickets and i dont want to be travelling up from waterford to find out i can only have 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

think lots of people bought more than 2 so i wouldnt worry bout that, but id like to get the email and know the story all the same ! if they charged your card, then they accepted your order !!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

was looking at the typical set list on Wikipedia instresting that there is no Bed Of Roses or Always in that set list.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Cant understand anyone following Bon Jovi anymore...WHY? you might ask
    I think they just release way too many bad albums since the 80's/early 90's when they were good...

To be honest they have not had any decent song in a long time...
    They trot out the same stuff again and again...and just add some more bad stuff to the previously good stuff...

before you argue with me...... think about what songs you want to hear....and how old they are!!

I know they aint the only band....but i dont think there is any other band as bad. I think they are just in it for the money at this stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

fatalll wrote: »
    I think they just release way too many bad albums since the 80's/early 90's when they were good...

They trot out the same stuff again and again...and just add some more bad stuff to the previously good stuff...

before you argue with me...... think about what songs you want to hear....and how old they are!!

I know they aint the only band....but i dont think there is any other band as bad. I think they are just in it for the money at this stage :rolleyes:

Whatever.......... Take a hike elsewhere as this is for Bon Jovi fans of which I have been one 15 years and I want to hear Superman which is a new song so it isn't just the old songs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    was looking at the typical set list on Wikipedia instresting that there is no Bed Of Roses or Always in that set list.

I was surprised when they played Always in Punchestown since afaik they dont play it very often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

is this thread serious or just make-up?
    I do not realise Bon Jovi has fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bubso14

Hi Guys,

Havent followed this entire thread but sooooooo excited about next week!!

Quick few questions.

I have gold circle tickets, I know gates open at 5:30 but wont get off work on time but I presume the gates will stay open for a good while?

Are you able to purchase drinks in gold circle?

It says no cameras on the tickets? Are they very strict on this?

:)

Well I've seen at least one setlist from the American/Canadian dates and Bed of Roses is on it. However they don't often do these songs. While I do love them and would love to hear them I'm not bothered about the setlist. Up to 3 hours of my favourite band will suffice.
    bubso14 wrote: »
    It says no cameras on the tickets? Are they very strict on this?

:)

I've never had an issue with taking photos at a Bon Jovi gig! Where on the ticket is that stated? If it on the back don't worry as that is on every concert ticket, however if it is printed on the front then that might be a problem. I've to collect my ticket there so hence this question!

Yeah its printed on the front of the Gold Circle Tickets.

Not sure if its on other tickets.

Hopefully will be able to take a sneaky pic or two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I think the general rule is cameras are grand unless it is a big digital SLR with a detachable lense. They can't stop people these days with mobile phones and the likes all having cameras. You should be grand :)

Darn that. Not amused with this :( I've asked on their FB page what this is all about as it was never an issue at any of their gigs before and the only reason I can think of is that they may be recording the gig for future release. If that is the case I will live with it but if not I will be seriously annoyed.

CiaranK wrote: »
    I think the general rule is cameras are grand unless it is a big digital SLR with a detachable lense. They can't stop people these days with mobile phones and the likes all having cameras. You should be grand :)

Yes that is the general rule but if it states on the front of tickets no cameras it usually means no cameras full stop. Will let ye know what replies I get on FB. Don't have time now to check the forum but will be doing so later! They had security stopping people with SLRs at Paul Simon Monday and that is fair enough. I don't have an SLR but I have a compact which has the capabilities of an SLR ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jbpc

I've got pitch standing tickets, any suggestions on what time to be at the rds at to get a relatively close view??

Yeah I mean its true like, with mobiles being so advanced, they can't exactly be stopping evereyone carrying a phone in with them.

Because the place is so big too it would be hard to stop people. Let us know if you find anything out :)

Jbpc wrote: »
    I've got pitch standing tickets, any suggestions on what time to be at the rds at to get a relatively close view??

Hiya, I'm not sure really, because the closest you can get is with the dearest tickets. I was only at the RDS once before for Springsteen in 09 and I was queing since about 4:15 and I didn't get a pit pass. I think it depends on the artist and the weather aswell. Sorry I can't be much help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

wouldn't believe this at all...i have been watching clips of bon jovi 2011 tour on youtube everyday and both these songs have been sung. so yaaay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Is there free parking around or close to the RDS?

Or are TAXI's readily available after the gig?

Or is there a bus service to Bewleys in Sandyford?

Thurs 30th for the Bon Jovi gig

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

Bon Jovi Suck Serious Ass

enjoy the gig though everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

fatalll wrote: »

its alright to admit that you dont understand what the rest of us know, dont worry about it, we'll have fun
    1 sold out gig and another selling well and i think you answer most of your questions in your statement

Yeah you need to get a life Tom. Reading threads that you have no interest intongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Any decent clubs/bars around the RDS at all for few drinks after btw?

Berns wrote: »
    Any decent clubs/bars around the RDS at all for few drinks after btw?

Id say all the bars after the gig will be jammers tbh id nearly recommend heading back into town

Hiya, I'm not sure really, because the closest you can get is with the dearest tickets. I was only at the RDS once before for Springsteen in 09 and I was queing since about 4:15 and I didn't get a pit pass. I think it depends on the artist and the weather aswell. Sorry I can't be much help.

I can't remember what time I queued for Springsteen but I was in the pit for both 08 and 09 concerts. However Bon Jovi is in a different league when it comes to queues. I queued for over 3 hours in for Croke Park and wasn't in the pit but got a space on the pit wall and had an excellent view. You have to remember there is 2 pits this year so I'd queue as early as possible if I were you. Thankfully I'm in the Golden Circle and as a fan club member get into the venue early!

Regarding photos all I've heard is they didn't allow cameras in Dresden but people still brought them in and managed to get photos. I'm hoping that our email from Bon Jovi about the fanclub tickets fail to mention cameras because then if they stop us we can say we didn't know as there was never an issue with cameras at previous Bon Jovi gigs. I'm a bit wary as I was stopped on the way in to Bryan Adams tonight and warned my camera was too big even though it isn't an SLR. However in saying that I was snap happy all night and no one said anything to me!

Camera UPDATE: While there were people with cameras at Murrayfield the person who replied to me heard horror stories of some being confiscated never to be returned!!! I wonder would my insurance cover this ;-)

musicmania wrote: »
    I can't remember what time I queued for Springsteen but I was in the pit for both 08 and 09 concerts. However Bon Jovi is in a different league when it comes to queues. I queued for over 3 hours in for Croke Park and wasn't in the pit but got a space on the pit wall and had an excellent view. You have to remember there is 2 pits this year so I'd queue as early as possible if I were you. Thankfully I'm in the Golden Circle and as a fan club member get into the venue early!

Regarding photos all I've heard is they didn't allow cameras in Dresden but people still brought them in and managed to get photos. I'm hoping that our email from Bon Jovi about the fanclub tickets fail to mention cameras because then if they stop us we can say we didn't know as there was never an issue with cameras at previous Bon Jovi gigs. I'm a bit wary as I was stopped on the way in to Bryan Adams tonight and warned my camera was too big even though it isn't an SLR. However in saying that I was snap happy all night and no one said anything to me!

Camera UPDATE: While there were people with cameras at Murrayfield the person who replied to me heard horror stories of some being confiscated never to be returned!!! I wonder would my insurance cover this ;-)

Cool, Thanks. I've never been at a gig where they took peoples cameras. Only told to stop. If you kept doing it after being told to stop a few times then I'd say there is a risk. Worst case scenario you were told to stop loads of times and don't and they want to take your camera, you could just give them the battery. I'm fairly positive they won't be stopping people taking photos in the RDS. Although I could be wrong Hahaha.

Cool, Thanks. I've never been at a gig where they took peoples cameras. Only told to stop. If you kept doing it after being told to stop a few times then I'd say there is a risk. Worst case scenario you were told to stop loads of times and don't and they want to take your camera, you could just give them the battery. I'm fairly positive they won't be stopping people taking photos in the RDS. Although I could be wrong Hahaha.

Exactly. If am told to stop I will. Continuing after being told to stop is being an idiot. Somebody in Manchester had his camera removed and not returned but that was a SLR so he was asking for trouble. If they try to take my camera I'll give them the memory card as it was cheaper than the batteries LOL Just seen on RTE they are having a comp for the Wednesday show and prize in general admission and backstage tour. I'd like the backstage tour but prefer my GC ticket!!!

Yea there is no way they can stop everyone from using a camera. Its a bit stupid imo , ill still bring my camera

I know it probably seems like I'm going on about it but I never seen the point in not letting people take photos. With the internet people can hardly sell them like they did years ago. It just seems really silly to me. Ah sure, what can you do. I'm really looking forward to this gig. I'm taking the little brother along, He's 11 and really excited about it too! Gonna be great fun :)

• Advertisement

I know it probably seems like I'm going on about it but I never seen the point in not letting people take photos. With the internet people can hardly sell them like they did years ago. It just seems really silly to me. Ah sure, what can you do. I'm really looking forward to this gig. I'm taking the little brother along, He's 11 and really excited about it too! Gonna be great fun :)

Yeah is gonna be savage. Can't wait! What more could a girl want on her birthday than to be serenaded by Bon Jovi LOL I agree 100% regards the photos. Concert tickets cost enough so the least they should do is allow us take a few photos!!

Advertisement