Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi - RDS Arena Dublin - June 29/30 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Id say all the bars after the gig will be jammers tbh id nearly recommend heading back into town
    Meh, hotels down the road a bit in the other direction :( With GF and she'd not want the long walk, and I'd not fancy payin numerous taxi's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Berns wrote: »
    Meh, hotels down the road a bit in the other direction :( With GF and she'd not want the long walk, and I'd not fancy payin numerous taxi's :rolleyes:

There are a few bars all close to the RDS, Will be very packed though. You could have a look and see if it's too mad there is always the hotel bar. I'd say there will be some people who were at the gig in the hotel anyways so there should be a good vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

What time should I be heading to the RDS to get a good standing position?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

did anyone get an email off concert maps yet.???

Someone on Backstage JBJ got an email and it said tickets can be picked up from 12.00-6.30 at the RDS merion road entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

nope, still waiting for email.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LMG

Hey,I'm heading to the show on the 30th.would anyone be able to recommend any affordable enough hotels near the general area.I've had a look,and bewleys is 199euro for 1 night.I'm from cork.so I'm not familiar with the area.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'm not here to attempt to sell tickets but was wondering what the demand for the concert is. I see it hasn't sold out. I unfortunately bought two tickets as birthday present for an ex who cheated on me...I have no intention of going to the gig or giving her the tickets. Damn you Bon Jovi!! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

LMG wrote: »
    Hey,I'm heading to the show on the 30th.would anyone be able to recommend any affordable enough hotels near the general area.I've had a look,and bewleys is 199euro for 1 night.I'm from cork.so I'm not familiar with the area.
    Thanks in advance.

I heard yesterday that all the hotels in the RDS general area have put up their prices to mad amounts because of the concert - its very unfair- i doubt you'll get anything cheaper than 199 - and bewleys is very far away too:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Is Bewleys Leopardstown that far away??? Will a taxi be that pricy??

Got a good deal on accommodation.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    did anyone get an email off concert maps yet.???

Someone on Backstage JBJ got an email and it said tickets can be picked up from 12.00-6.30 at the RDS merion road entrance

They said it'll get sent in the next couple of days....Was also begining to query it so got in touch with them....Just watch the junk folder too for a few days....will post up when I get it.

• Advertisement

Got my check in email - 4pm

:D:D:D

still no sign of a concert maps email in my inbox

no, me either, but on the bonjovi forum on the fanclub page, some people have, but only just...

yes yes, check in details from concertmaps just arrived !!!! woohooooooooooo

Boards comp there for the concert just seen.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056309343

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Paul from Vodafone has informed me of a Bon Jovi competition being held over on the Talk to... forum where pairs of tickets to the concert on June 30 are up for grabs. No need to be a Vodafone customer to enter. Linky.

got my email thank god. Its very confussing for early entry to the venue. so from my understanding so the gates work like-

Backstage JBJ fan club tickets gates open at 4.30pm

General public gates open at 5.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Berns wrote: »
    Boards comp there for the concert just seen.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056309343

cheers Berns,

gotta say I'm never seen so many competitions for tickets to any gig before, hopefully I'll manage to pick a couple.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Is Bewleys Leopardstown that far away??? Will a taxi be that pricy??

Got a good deal on accommodation.

10-15 mins max will get you there

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kissyfer

Hi does anyone know if there will be a cloakroom area never been to an outdoors show in the RDS and we may have a few bags we dont want to have to carry

• Advertisement

Kissyfer wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if there will be a cloakroom area never been to an outdoors show in the RDS and we may have a few bags we dont want to have to carry

Never seen a cloakroom at a concert before.... ok mighta once at Ambassador "maybe", but can't remember for sure. Any others at RDS,Marley Park,Slane, Odyssey, Oxygen.... not one to be seen, could you imagine the queue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Have my email! Will be there at nice and early get my number and then go for lunch! The numbering idea is brilliant as it means we don't have to stand in the one spot in the queue all day! And NO mention of cameras!!!! So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Been to the show in Manchester last night. Fantastic show!!!! Standard set list except for Dry County but the guys just rocked. Really great show. Roll on Dublin!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beanieb21

does anyone know where the entrance is for golden circle ticket holders? i havent got the tickets yet so im not sure where to go yet :P

beanieb21 wrote: »
    does anyone know where the entrance is for golden circle ticket holders? i havent got the tickets yet so im not sure where to go yet :P

Main hall from 1.30 onwards accourding to my email...Numbering system then put into place..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Are Bon Jovi having trouble shipping tickets ? Even Jon Bon Jovi himself is on the latest telly ads !

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Does anyone know what time Bon Jovi themselves are playing at?? One of my friends is only off work at 5 and we've to get into down then, really don't want to miss anything!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wayhey wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time Bon Jovi themselves are playing at?? One of my friends is only off work at 5 and we've to get into down then, really don't want to miss anything!!

They are on at 8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Main hall from 1.30 onwards accourding to my email...Numbering system then put into place..

can you tell me what this numbering system is about? i have a golden circle ticket but i just presumed we could stand where we like within the circle. not sure wat number on myticket is i think its 300 or something like dat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

beanieb21 wrote: »

Hi beanie - i think Bronson is mixed up i'd say he's talking about fan club tickets:confused: not sure though!! it says on tickets that we enter via wylie gate, simmonscourt road:)

Advertisement