Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi - RDS Arena Dublin - June 29/30 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

What way does the numbering system work. I'm seated at the gig. I'm just curious to what way it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Hi beanie - i think Bronson is mixed up i'd say he's talking about fan club tickets:confused: not sure though!! it says on tickets that we enter via wylie gate, simmonscourt road:)

yup thats what mine says too..still dunno wat the numbers are about though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

CiaranK wrote: »
    What way does the numbering system work. I'm seated at the gig. I'm just curious to what way it works.

The numbering system is a Fan Club thing. (Actually I am not sure if its *just* fanclub or is for general admission too)

When you get to the queue someone there will have a list of names and assign you a number. You are then free to leave the queue for a small amt of time and can get back into your place in the queue again when you return.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

Anyone got a link to the setlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

AnnaGram85 wrote: »

Which setlist? :)

• Advertisement

AnnaGram85 wrote: »

don't know the set list for dublin it seems to be changing every night they play. just go to bon jovi website and click set lists...most songs the same but a few different changes every night they play

Anybody want to buy Bon Jovi Tickets? I amnt goin and I am down 197 euro from them. Selling 2 tickets at 70 each on 94 euro face value. Pms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 McCann_Man

Hey guys

Was just wondering if anyone knew any ways of getting home from this concert to Omagh
    I literally just got my tickets from a radio competition, I checked Translink the latest bus from Dublin is at 21.50, staying in a hotel isnt really an option for me at the moment either

If anyone could get back to me about this they would be a life saver !

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Think seen something about a bus to Belfast on gumtree the other day. Maybe attend the event on facebook and see if know any in the area goin till it can hitch a ride with or ask them how goin :rolleyes:

Oh and there was someone on there lookin someone to go with them to it too so, maybe give them a shout too :P

Just a few more days to go :D

just got my tickets for the golden circle and its printed across them no cameras! ... i really want to bring my camera but afraid they will take it off me. are other people bringing theirs? is this only for gc ticket holders??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Wonder how the weather will go.. trying to decide what to wear.. im standing so comfy shoes but duno to go with jumper coat etc or would i be too warm... mmmmhhh

Not long to go now!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

just got my tickets for the golden circle and its printed across them no cameras! ... i really want to bring my camera but afraid they will take it off me. are other people bringing theirs? is this only for gc ticket holders??

Well unlike most gigs they have specifically stated everywhere, No Cameras, No Laser Pointers, No Recorders...........so it's 100% at your own risk and you can't complain if they were to confiscate any of those items, having said that there's no way of knowing how strictly they'd enforce this at a large enough outdoor gig....

Gal44 wrote: »
    Wonder how the weather will go.. trying to decide what to wear.. im standing so comfy shoes but duno to go with jumper coat etc or would i be too warm... mmmmhhh

Not long to go now!!!:D:D

its so hard to know what to wear.... i am thinking dress, cardi, tights, and comfy ankle boots or flats. gonna bring a rain jacket too that i got in penneys you can fold it up to pocket size its very handy:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fey2010

hi guys, have tickets for gold standing for thursday night. gates are open at 5:30 but what time should we be there at? surely not too early cos gold standing (i'm presuming) will have a good view no matter what time of arrival. Also, what time does concert start (latest time to arrive)? Can alcohol be taken into venue, or is there a bar in gold circle? How many people in gold circle?? any more info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi All

Am heading to the concert tomorrow night and I see that the latest dart and train services leaving RDS are at approx 23:30. Will the concert be over at this stage or am I better to drive and to park somewhere around the RDS?

If driving is the answer does anybody know what the story will be with parking around the RDS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Will there be much of a queue in? We're sitting, not standing and will get there around half 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

I'm nervous about this camera thing I was going to bring my SLR, I wonder are they searching bags etc if I wrapped it in a jacket in my bag would I get away with it? Its actually my husbands camera and I'd be murdered if anything happened to it! I know at U2 in Croke Park two years ago it said no cameras and I didn't chance it and people were walking in with bigs ones hanging around their necks and nothing was said to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Miss Gulch wrote: »
    I'm nervous about this camera thing I was going to bring my SLR, I wonder are they searching bags etc if I wrapped it in a jacket in my bag would I get away with it? Its actually my husbands camera and I'd be murdered if anything happened to it! I know at U2 in Croke Park two years ago it said no cameras and I didn't chance it and people were walking in with bigs ones hanging around their necks and nothing was said to them.

Personally I wouldn't risk the slr as tempting as it is, all it takes is one power mad steward to take it from you. It could be considered 'professional' you know? A regular personal digital camera shouldn't be a problem imo.

The gig will be over by 11, you should make the last dart but depending on where you are in the crowd it could be close. Not much parking at all around rds. If do drive best chance of parking would be on the other side of the dart line I think.

If you're sitting there won't be a queing issue, though if you don't want to waste time queing id go to get in at 6.

Going on Thursday myself, first saw them in 96, my first gig. Seen em 3 other times I think, really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

If anyone there on wed could say what they doin with cameras would help plz :D if see ppl gettin in or confiscated etc :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sineados

2 of my friends have dropped out leaving their Gold Circle tickets unused - what a waste! :eek:
    Really looking forward to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

Berns wrote: »
    If anyone there on wed could say what they doin with cameras would help plz :D if see ppl gettin in or confiscated etc :p

I've asked on the official Facebook page I will let you know if I get a reply

Update! I got a reply from a girl who had been to Manchester and brought in an SLR and had no hassle and at the Bristol gig she brought in a video camera and again no problems so I might chance it and hide it I'll make my mind up tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Good friends of INDIEPENDENCE the Riptide Movement are supporting Bon Jovi tomorrow so get there early.

Is anyone in the uncovered stands at the back or have they been to gigs in that section? Just wondering what it is gonna be like.

Looks to be not the worst place, thought it would be worse.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3232434514_de7e0e2d59.jpg

From the other day when the stage was going up, there is a few more on that page too.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150229994888667&set=a.390332278666.167520.367914563666&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

does anyone know who is playing support? I know nickleback did it in 2008 and they were fab. I only got out of hospital in galway that afternoon and hubbie drove to concert and back to galway that night.

TingTong wrote: »
    does anyone know who is playing support? I know nickleback did it in 2008 and they were fab. I only got out of hospital in galway that afternoon and hubbie drove to concert and back to galway that night.

From Aiken Promotions

LIVE AT RDS DUBLIN
    This Wed 29 JUNE 2011

Running Times:
    Gates Open – 5.30pm
    The Riptide Movement – 6pm
    Vintage Trouble – 7pm
    Bon Jovi – 8pm

LIVE AT RDS DUBLIN
    This Thurs 30 JUNE 2011

Running Times:
    Gates Open – 5.30pm
    The Fallen Drakes – 6pm
    Vintage Trouble – 7pm
    Bon Jovi – 8pm

Berns wrote: »

i am going tomoorow night and bringing my camera...its just digital one nothing special so will let ye all know how it goes........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kopite76

Hi,

I am going to the Bon Jovi concert tomorrow night with 2 friends. We are all in the pitch standing area however I got my ticket seperate to them. I noticed on our tickets that they is reference to a different rows and seat numbers. Do you know if they actually split out the standing area and if we will in fact be seperated from each other? I assumed it was just general standing and maybe they distinguish to ensure different turnstiles are used to enter.

Thanks in advance.

K76.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

I'm worried about the weather!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 msdavid

Hello, I got a diamond standing ticket for tomorrow's concert (30th) at RDS

Would like to hear your experience if you been before in this area.
    How to get the best spot? will go early but the doors wont open I guess. Will enter the VIP party first. any other advice ?

Thank you for your help.

Advertisement