Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi - RDS Arena Dublin - June 29/30 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

So how was it tonight, tell all! :)

They are playing Slippery When Wet in full on nova [100.3fm] now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Camera's get confiscated or can we expect some pics up in the mornin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Just in from tonights gig - don't worry about cameras, well ordinary point and shoot ones anyway....tons of them around me. Don't think they are as strict about them anymore since the majority of people use their phones to film it or take photos but at the same time I wouldn't chance an SLR or anything big.

Great gig but unfortunately for us the sound was dreadful where we were sitting in the stands -Block C. All sounded very hollow and there was an echo from the speakers halfway down the pitch. Couldn't make out half of what he was saying or singing. Halfway through we decided to try and go down to the pitch to see if the sound was better. Went towards the back of the stand where there were a few rows of empty seats to get through to one of the exits and found that the sound was much better so stayed there even though it wasn't as good a view as our original seats. Pisses me off when promoters charge extra for certain areas and then the sound is such poor quality...what else are you at a concert for??

They came on at 8.10 and played until 11pm so can't fault the band or their performance at all -they were brilliant. Have a great time tomorrow night- I'm jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Fantastic gig - we were in gold circle standing with pre entry, and thank god for it, cos we were literally arms length from Jon when he came down the centre stage! really good gig, as always with Bon Jovi. Came on around 8.10, played til 11. 2 encores. Don't worry - they will sing Always and livin on a prayer!

Cameras no problem, once they are general digital. Were a few in the gold circle with quite large cameras and no hassle, but that might be because we got in earlier than general entry - no one even looked in our bags.

My only dissapointment was that on this tour there were no fans on stage - trying to get one of those stage arm bands has become a tradition for me! Got one in Croker, and its an amazing experience to be on the stage with them if you are lucky enough to fanangle an armband, so its a shame they didn't do this again this year.

All in all, the boys did not disappoint. Great atmosphere, great show. No need for gimmicks or showmanship, they just rocked it!

Trying to get a ticket for thurs if I can, would def go again.
    Anyone who is going, you will have a brill time, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

Wow what a night - those boys rock. We were in the stands section A in the front row and it was great - really good view but if your in seats 8, 9, or 10 you will have a big post in your way! Got home at four and up with kids at eight but soooo worth it.

We could have gotten in free as we were at the king tut expo first and then just wondered over to the pitch at about half five/ 1/4 to six and were not asked for tickets!!! only asked when going up into the stands so if anyone fancys taking a chance pay your 16 euro into king tut and chance it at about six. if you are stopped you can just go out and buy a ticket at the box office as there are still some available;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz.

here you go if 'i can upload it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Concert was amazing, was standing maybe 30 yards from the stage. Sound was great.
    The band were superb they were jumping round like eijits for three hours and never looked like stopping. Sound was brilliant and the crowd was great he even let us sing the first verse of Dead or Alive which was really special. It was everything I could have hoped for, all the hits were sung perfect and the lesser hits (for want of a better word) were done with lots of energy and imagination. I'm already waiting for him to come back :D

Also the support band (vintage trouble?) was pretty funky, kind of old fashioned r&b stuff. The lead guy just didn't stop trying to get the crowd going and I really liked it. Must look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Nope its an open pitch and not sectioned off except for the Diamond Circle. you all go through the door near the bottom of the pitch and walk up to the top near the stage.

Sounds brilliant, I'm dieing for tonight! Looking at some of the videos it looks really packed last night. Seemingly tonight is not selling really at all. Thats way there is so many competitions for tickets for the Thursday gig. That bideo shows the whole crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EAlHJcdplU

EDIT - Here is a set list too from last night. I'm guessing it will be different tonight because they change them every night.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-jovi/2011/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-4bd37ba6.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Tickets available for tonight!!!!

Ooh I am tempted.

pajunior wrote: »
    Tickets available for tonight!!!!

Ooh I am tempted.

I'd say you'd get them cheap from touts out side if it's not sold out. If not you could try the box office or just go to ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Brilliant! Amazing! Wonderful! Best Bon Jovi gig I was ever at!!
    I was leaning on the barrier almost centre stage of the golden circle which made for some great photographic opportunites which I of course took :D No issues with cameras. Security were told to stop us but the guy near me said unless he saw an SLR the rest of us could snap away as he thinks it is disgraceful that we don't be allowed a few photos when we pay so much for tickets.
    There was a raw energy to the gig which I have very seldom witnessed in all the gigs I go to. Jon was very emotional especially during Bed of Roses and I'm almost certain he looked straight at me during one point in the song as I was in floods of tears. Every song was amazing and talk about giving 100% and more. When he made the comments about Dublin being his favourite place I asked people around me who were at the UK tours did he say anything like that there and they said he didn't and they also sais that this concert was by far superior to the UK ones! Anyone going tonight is in for a treat!
    That is a shame about the sound in the stands as it was perfect where we are.
    I couldn't believe when there were no searches on the way in although maybe that was just for fanclub pre entry. I even carried a bottle of water in my hand. All they asked us to do was to hold up our gold passes. Will try and attach a couple of photos from Bed of Roses now and will link the remainder from FB when they are uploaded.

Ok it only allowed me upload one. Unfortunately it is a little blurry but I just love his smile. I'll link to the rest ASAP!

Thats a great shot you got! Looking forward to seeing the rest! :)

Here the link for the photos http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150242327233401.326670.708703400&l=cdf777d705

And just 3 samples here to whet the appetite ;)

Your photos are really great! Great job!! :D

CiaranK wrote: »
    Your photos are really great! Great job!! :D

Thanks Ciaran ;)

great photos thanks for sharing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

absolutly amazing show, was stuck in the middle of the pitch for the start an the sound was crap,. I know the lads doing security so I got into the pit!, Best concert ever from there, Loved every second of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brillent gig, brillent setlist, Brillent band. One of the best concets ive seen ever. I had Golden Circle tickets and i think they were worth the money, I was just about centre stage near the barrier and was arms lenght away from Jon and Richie (Who needs diamond circle tickets when youre that close to them in the gold circle). I do feel a bit sorry for the General standing people because there view is not as good. Would deff go see them again but not tonight because im working.

How do you upload pics on here??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I do feel a bit sorry for the General standing people because there view is not as good.
    Looks like GA standing area is well back from the stage.
    Looking at some pictures the pitch looked full which is very unusual nowadays .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

God the RDS is a dump.
    Ive seen many shows there over the years and Ive often wondered what artists make of it. Especially if they've just played in places like Stade De France, Wembley Stadium and The Millenium stadium in Cardiff.
    At least gigs in the RDS Simmonscourt seem to be at an end, that shed was more embarressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

musicmania wrote: »
    Here the link for the photos http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150242327233401.326670.708703400&l=cdf777d705

And just 3 samples here to whet the appetite ;)

You must have been quite near me! I was disappointed he didn't come over to the left hand side of the stage as we would have had a great view of him then! Still it was an amazing night, still buzzing!

Just getting ready to head out. Can't wait!! :):):D

CiaranK wrote: »
    Just getting ready to head out. Can't wait!! :):):D

Enjoy Ciaran! Wish I was going again!

@PTH 2009. Click the icon that looks like a paperclip to upload photos here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Amazing gig and the band were on fine form!! First time seeing Bon Jovi live and I was impressed :) Brilliant setlist too.

I can't make up my mind whether the crowd were good or bad though...at times obviously the atmosphere was great for songs like Bad Medicine, Always and Bed of Roses. But for songs that the crowd didn't particularly know (even great songs like Born To Follow), everyone around me just plain didn't pay attention if it wasn't a hit song, and started loudly chatting to their friends, drinking, smoking etc.

I know it sounds like I'm a kill joy but if I pay 80euro to see a band, I pay attention the whole time - even if it's a lesser-known song or one that isn't one of my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

poundhound wrote: »
    God the RDS is a dump.
    Ive seen many shows there over the years and Ive often wondered what artists make of it. Especially if they've just played in places like Stade De France, Wembley Stadium and The Millenium stadium in Cardiff.
    At least gigs in the RDS Simmonscourt seem to be at an end, that shed was more embarressing.

i would have the rds over punchestown (where i saw bon jovi last time out in 2008) every day of the week and then some, i bet they commented more on our narrow grass covered roads heading into that venue than on the state of the old stand in d4, rds is in a great location and easy enough to walk back into town after the show, never been at a bad show at the rds

anyway onto last nights show, we arrived in the gate just as the band were starting with raise your hands, got onto the pitch and as far up to the front as possible (and that was still miles away :mad:), i hate the stupid barrier at irish outdoor gigs, why can't we do what the do at the download festival, the band played for the best of part of 3hrs, almost as long as green day at marlay last year, all the old classics in there to satisfy the young and old, the weather also kept good which was a plus, my fourth time (rds 2000, 2001, punchestown 2008), to see the band and hopefully not my last as they sure put on a good show

I like the RDS too and as you say way better than Punchestown. Before last night my favourite gig of theirs was in Croke Park. They topped 3 hours that night. Have to say I did feel a little sorry for those in GA as there was no gap between it and the Golden Circle and had there being at least the poor people who had queued since 12pm would have had a better view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭roadmaster

i have seen every gig since the mid 90's and always taught they where brill, we where standing around the speakers in the middle of the pitch last nite but i taught last night was slightly ruined because where we where standing you couldnt hear the guitars at all hardly it wasnt untill the encore that we could finally here richies solos, did any one else have a problem with the sound?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

roadmaster wrote: »
    i have seen every gig since the mid 90's and always taught they where brill, we where standing around the speakers in the middle of the pitch last nite but i taught last night was slightly ruined because where we where standing you couldnt hear the guitars at all hardly it wasnt untill the encore that we could finally here richies solos, did any one else have a problem with the sound?

yep i thought it was piss poor sound , i was up in the stands near the back and decided fook this im heading the standing area , so got up and had a pee and got 3 beers and went in and slithered up to the middle and it was ok but still not great , the rds is crap , to open for the sound to go out , plus the wind was playing havoc with sound , at least the rain stayed away :) , great vids up on youtube and the sound was great in the vids , strange :)

Advertisement