Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi - RDS Arena Dublin - June 29/30 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Tuesday 28th has been confirmed by the FanClub
    They are selling the packages to include tickets to both shows

I guess not on general sale yet to see how the 29th goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I wouldn't mind seeing Bon Jovi, certainly wouldn't snub them if they headlined a festival I were going to but I'd never pay that much for one of their own headline gigs. Unless it had a really, really appetizing support bill... bands like Nickelback or Razorlight aren't going to do it for me.

+1

That's exactly how I feel. Charging that amount is ridiculous.

Although, that said, didn't they do a like 12 night run at the London 02 arena? They had no problem selling enough tickets for that so I'd imagine they'll do okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

****in crazy charging extra for the pit passes,but hey thats what you get with one of the worlds biggest brands!

They were excellent every time i have seen them but the prices are getting crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

should be a good concert,although ive not been at a concert in the RDS im sure itll be good.Although Ticket prices are kinda mad,and the budget's not even out yet...:mad::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I went to see them twice before and both times it was outdoors at the RDS. I have to say they put on a very good show both times. The 2nd year when they came back I remember him saying this time they were going to stay longer and play more songs and they did. They played for about 2 1/2 hours that night I think, which I still think is a rarity.

I remember the 2nd concert it was pouring down with rain. At one point Jon looked up to the heavens and said into the mic "Come on, you don't need a ticket" and as soon as he said that the whole sky lit up with a huge bolt of lightning. Amazing :)

I don't know if I'm going to go back and see them this time, but the two times I went to see them I thought they were very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

On the radio today it said "One night only". But now that i think about it it said that for lady gaga and they added 2 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I went to see them twice before and both times it was outdoors at the RDS. I have to say they put on a very good show both times. The 2nd year when they came back I remember him saying this time they were going to stay longer and play more songs and they did. They played for about 2 1/2 hours that night I think, which I still think is a rarity.

I remember the 2nd concert it was pouring down with rain. At one point Jon looked up to the heavens and said into the mic "Come on, you don't need a ticket" and as soon as he said that the whole sky lit up with a huge bolt of lightning. Amazing :)

I don't know if I'm going to go back and see them this time, but the two times I went to see them I thought they were very good.

They played 3 hours in Croke Park. The only artist I've seen live to top that was Leonard Cohen at 3 hours 45 minutes. Bruce Springsteen came close. Of course he has surpassed it but not at shows I've been to!
    On the radio today it said "One night only". But now that i think about it it said that for lady gaga and they added 2 more.

Once June 29th is one of them and I get a diamond circle ticket (if I can afford it. Prices in other European countries have varied from €160-€300). Any other dates that may be announced will be purchased at normal standing prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 HAPPIFEET

Im a mad fan and have seen them every time they have come to ireland , where or how would i go about getting the inner circle tickets? Can you get them through ticketmaster? , I have checked the bon jovi site but you have to be the member of the fan club ? Any suggestions welcome ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,435 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what are the gold circle tickets. ??

what do you get extra compared to the normal standing tickets

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what are the gold circle tickets. ??

what do you get extra compared to the normal standing tickets

You get into the pit without having to que up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Daffydolly

I've been to see their last four gigs in Ireland, but don't think I can afford to go to this one :( I might just wait it out and see if there are still tickets after Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 thered

cant wait for that savage band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

You get into the pit without having to que up

well it gets you into the 2nd pit :-)
    like musicmania said the Diamond Circle is first..........not sure it those tickets will make it to general sale, it's possible that FanClub members from all over will decide to come to Dublin next summer and snap up the Diamond tickets.....

also Gwen I'd be pretty sure with the way our ticket prices are it will be the €300 end of the scale, hope you manage to get one and at a decent price.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Anyone know exactly how to get backstage vip tickets to it? girlfriend is annoying me about it

from a quick look around the site i now know you have to be a member of the fan club or buy a backstage JBJ VIP Exclusive package but does that also include the cost of the concert ticket? And does anyone know roughly how much that will cost? maybe €1000 or €1500?

i remember when they came to the o2 in london some vip packages were in excess of £1000 :eek:

NIBBS wrote: »
    well it gets you into the 2nd pit :-)
    like musicmania said the Diamond Circle is first..........not sure it those tickets will make it to general sale, it's possible that FanClub members from all over will decide to come to Dublin next summer and snap up the Diamond tickets.....

also Gwen I'd be pretty sure with the way our ticket prices are it will be the €300 end of the scale, hope you manage to get one and at a decent price.....

Our ticket prices are lower than some European countries so I live in hope I can afford them. If not I'll aim for the barrier of the golden circle. Maybe I'll email JBJ and tell him it's my birthday that day ;) Yeah I wish LOL
    slade_x wrote: »
    Anyone know exactly how to get backstage vip tickets to it? girlfriend is annoying me about it

from a quick look around the site i now know you have to be a member of the fan club or buy a backstage JBJ VIP Exclusive package but does that also include the cost of the concert ticket? And does anyone know roughly how much that will cost? maybe €1000 or €1500?

i remember when they came to the o2 in london some vip packages were in excess of £1000 :eek:

It will include concert tickets and will be in the region of €1000. Hope you love your girlfriend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

slade_x wrote: »

It will cost you approx $50 to join the fan club (you only need the online only membership)
    They have a FC trip for around €1500 (per person single) €1,100 (per person double) , which includes tickets to both shows (28th & 29th), 3 nights at the Burlington, Q&A with Jon, pub crawl and a few other bits n pieces but they are the main things I suppose.
    Its the first FC trip in Ireland so don't know how it will. Personally am not going on it. Now if it was a Q&A with Richie or whole band I would be first in the queue for the trip :)

It seems you can only get the Diamond ticket only with the FC. Ticketmaster seems to be only selling them as packages for other countries. Diamond ticket only is actually not that expensive (I think €100 - €150, was expecting a lot more) But the FC its seems have like 2 tickets. I tried for Manchester but they went in seconds.

There are other packages too, but no idea how much they are.

The Ireland presale is on Nov 4th
    Its the ONLY presale on that time which sucks so much.
    Everyone knows Jovi love Ireland so the show will be good
    So basically a huge amt of people are trying out for tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Ticketmaster have pre-sales starting tomorrow. Anyone know to to access this?

Ticketmaster have pre-sales starting tomorrow. Anyone know to to access this?

Fan club pre-sales are on Thursday night and Ticketmaster presales are next Tuesday. Apparently you have to have bought tickets for Bon Jovi from them before which I know I did but for some reason they are not listed in my history? If I have any issues Thursday night I'll be ringing them Friday morning to get this sorted but hopefully I'll have my diamond circle ticket secured and won't need them ;)

Yea i found my code from when i bought tickets for the last gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

musicmania wrote: »
    Fan club pre-sales are on Thursday night and Ticketmaster presales are next Tuesday. Apparently you have to have bought tickets for Bon Jovi from them before which I know I did but for some reason they are not listed in my history? If I have any issues Thursday night I'll be ringing them Friday morning to get this sorted but hopefully I'll have my diamond circle ticket secured and won't need them ;)

I just checked and I bought tickets from them way back in 2005.

Bought my other tickets from the Fanclub - which im no longer part of.

Wonder is it possible to get the presale password seeing as I got tickets from them for Bon Jovi before? :s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Is it one password or does everyone get a different one

Is it one password or does everyone get a different one

I'm making the assumption that the password will be different for everyone, to avoid it just being handed out to anyone and everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,666 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope they will add a 2nd date

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Irishshin wrote: »
    It will cost you approx $50 to join the fan club (you only need the online only membership)
    They have a FC trip for around €1500 (per person single) €1,100 (per person double) , which includes tickets to both shows (28th & 29th), 3 nights at the Burlington, Q&A with Jon, pub crawl and a few other bits n pieces but they are the main things I suppose.
    Its the first FC trip in Ireland so don't know how it will. Personally am not going on it. Now if it was a Q&A with Richie or whole band I would be first in the queue for the trip :)

It seems you can only get the Diamond ticket only with the FC. Ticketmaster seems to be only selling them as packages for other countries. Diamond ticket only is actually not that expensive (I think €100 - €150, was expecting a lot more) But the FC its seems have like 2 tickets. I tried for Manchester but they went in seconds.

There are other packages too, but no idea how much they are.

The Ireland presale is on Nov 4th
    Its the ONLY presale on that time which sucks so much.
    Everyone knows Jovi love Ireland so the show will be good
    So basically a huge amt of people are trying out for tickets.

Thanks

So after joining the online membership will the tickets even the normal cheap ones be available through the fan site or will there be a special login on ticketmaster or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,435 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

joined the online membership. It think it is some other ticket company not ticketmaster that they work off.

Anyone know what time the pre sale starts on Thursday.??

What happend to the Aviva Stadium as the venue.?? Stadium too big/small/ Stage layout would not suit venue etc.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    joined the online membership. It think it is some other ticket company not ticketmaster that they work off.

Anyone know what time the pre sale starts on Thursday.??

What happend to the Aviva Stadium as the venue.?? Stadium too big/small/ Stage layout would not suit venue etc.

Pre sale starts at 8pm Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

there is still a gig advertised with the travel package on the 28th - as much as i think they are a fantastic band, theres no way they will get close to selling out a second gig in the RDS, and the fact that they are still using it as part of the deal - does this suggest surprise/small concert? 02 maybe??

evillive wrote: »
    there is still a gig advertised with the travel package on the 28th - as much as i think they are a fantastic band, theres no way they will get close to selling out a second gig in the RDS, and the fact that they are still using it as part of the deal - does this suggest surprise/small concert? 02 maybe??

I think I've mentioned this before but em, didn't they do a 12 night stint at the London 02? They had no problem selling tickets for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They should sell out both nights, there'll be a LOT of people coming into Ireland just for the gigs

• Advertisement

Yea sure they pretty much sold out Punchestown in 2008 (70,000 - 80,000) and the RDS holds about 35000 so could easily sell out both nights. Hope we get a good support since we did get Kid Rock :) (although had to sit threw Razorlight after them)

Advertisement