Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi - RDS Arena Dublin - June 29/30 -- No ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Pwezem

Got the tickets, won't get them 'till a few weeks before the gig though.

Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi

Wasn't quite sure where to put this but i figured since it's in relation to a concert this might be the place! I'm going to Bon Jovi next June with my two friends and just want to know does anyone have any recommendations of a hotel to stay? It would be great if we could get somewhere near the RDS (breakfast included would be good too!) for 1 night anyway - maybe 2:) Are most places really expensive or what? Anyone who is used to going to a lot of concerts might know a good place!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

try Bewleys, next door to the RDS, normal price for them is 69-89 per room but may be a bit dearer due to the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rian10

leahyl wrote: »
    Hi

does anyone have any recommendations of a hotel to stay? It would be great if we could get somewhere near the RDS (breakfast included would be good too!) for 1 night anyway - maybe 2:) Are most places really expensive or what? Anyone who is used to going to a lot of concerts might know a good place!

Look up www.bedandbreakfast.ie loads of accomodation around here but suspect you should book soon enough as there should be alot of people looking to stay. D4 hotels (ballbridge tower) is around €50 a night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Slippery When Wet

Hi guys,

I purchased 2 Golden Circle ticket in the Pre Sales through the Fan Club website. I think the company is called Concert Maps who work with the fan club to distribute tickets. Does anyone have previous experience with the fan club pre sales? Much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I purchased 4 golden circle tickets for the first gig off the fan club website and my card has been charged for 4 but it only siad you can only purchase 2 tickets each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 senob9

can someone help me with the 29th date. i live in the US and want to suprise my wife to the concert when we visit. i missed the boat on buying tickets and would like to get good seats. anybody have any advice?

Thanks
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

senob9 wrote: »
    can someone help me with the 29th date. i live in the US and want to suprise my wife to the concert when we visit. i missed the boat on buying tickets and would like to get good seats. anybody have any advice?

Thanks
    Mark

You could try two Irish-based websites where people can advertise tickets: Adverts.ie and Toutless.

I also recommend checking Ticketmaster every now and again and especially closer to the date of the concert. The captcha is a pain, but sometimes more tickets become available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 senob9

Thank you for the sites and suggestion.

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 derock

The Golden Circle tickets are still available for both concerts:

http://www.ticketmaster.i...01&minorcatid=1

http://www.ticketmaster.i...01&minorcatid=1

I have bought for 30 earlier cos they were finished for both concerts after 1 day presale, but what about people who bought the worse
    tickets cos affraid that all golden are finished and regreting now that didnt wait. It's sick!!! - red card for Bon Jovi that they allows for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

G-Money wrote: »
    ]

I remember the 2nd concert it was pouring down with rain. At one point Jon looked up to the heavens and said into the mic "Come on, you don't need a ticket" and as soon as he said that the whole sky lit up with a huge bolt of lightning. Amazing

I was at that concert! Around 10 years ago now!

Cant wait for June! Got two inner gold circle ticket!!

When do the tickets get posted out to you from ticket master????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alexwest

Could someone please send me the code. my wife is dying to go.

QUOTE=irvinglucy;68929129]Thanks Tommy. I assumed it was just got a bit worried was in such a rush trying to book it, lol. It says gold row g2 and a seat number but clicked on gold standing there wasn't gold sitting. It will be in your ticketmaster account even if you didn't get the email.[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alexwest

Would anyone be willing to share the code. I really want to get tickets and i keep missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Saw them in 2008 and they put on a good show - I was there for the opening act but they won me around

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Saw them in Sydney in December. Was the gig of the year. Beat U2, Metallica etc hands down. If you can go - go regardless of ticket type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Any news on who will be the support acts?

I bought 4 Golden Circle tickets off the Bon Jovi Fan club (concertmaps were the company) for the 29th June show and it says Will call. so i have a few questions

I ordered them on my dads credit card but i have the billing information in my name. So can i get collect the tickets if i have my dads credit card and my age card/Passport etc.??.

Will there be a van or an area for concertmaps ticket holders to collect there tickets. ??

Im coming up from Waterford and the last thing i need is to be stuck outside the RDS not being able to get in . The money is after being taken off the card $139.23- E99.00 each.

Its a bit of a balls of a system it said you could only order 2 GC tickets but i got 4 and the card got charged for 4.

Anyone else use concertmaps for any concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I bought 4 Golden Circle tickets off the Bon Jovi Fan club (concertmaps were the company) for the 29th June show and it says Will call. so i have a few questions

I ordered them on my dads credit card but i have the billing information in my name. So can i get collect the tickets if i have my dads credit card and my age card/Passport etc.??.

Will there be a van or an area for concertmaps ticket holders to collect there tickets. ??

Im coming up from Waterford and the last thing i need is to be stuck outside the RDS not being able to get in . The money is after being taken off the card $139.23- E99.00 each.

Its a bit of a balls of a system it said you could only order 2 GC tickets but i got 4 and the card got charged for 4.

Anyone else use concertmaps for any concerts.

probably an anti-tout measure

i used concert maps last year to see them in paris - no problems staff were grand and no mad queues or anything

got an email 5 days before the event telling me exactly where the will call was and this is what they looked for - so i imagine it will be the same in dublin

**PLEASE BRING:

• A Valid Photo ID. You will need to provide a government-issued photo ID (Valid driver’s license, Identification card, or Passport) matching the name of the purchaser in order to pick them up.

• A Print Out of Your Ticket Receipt. Please print out your ticket confirmation and bring it with you when you pick up your tickets. Admission will not be granted under any circumstances without the email order confirmation you received from Backstage JBJ or Concert Maps.

evillive wrote: »
    probably an anti-tout measure

i used concert maps last year to see them in paris - no problems staff were grand and no mad queues or anything

got an email 5 days before the event telling me exactly where the will call was and this is what they looked for - so i imagine it will be the same in dublin

**PLEASE BRING:

• A Valid Photo ID. You will need to provide a government-issued photo ID (Valid driver’s license, Identification card, or Passport) matching the name of the purchaser in order to pick them up.

• A Print Out of Your Ticket Receipt. Please print out your ticket confirmation and bring it with you when you pick up your tickets. Admission will not be granted under any circumstances without the email order confirmation you received from Backstage JBJ or Concert Maps.

My name is on the billing information and i got them from my dads credit card will that make a difference or will my passport do for the id. ???

My name is on the billing information and i got them from my dads credit card will that make a difference or will my passport do for the id. ???

cant remember for sure i think all i had to produce was the passport on the day - they didnt demand the credit card be produced in their email - so if they issue the same email you can claim you werent asked for it

• Advertisement

Wonder will there be any support bands. i love to see Nickelback or Daughtry or Alter Bridge.

who would everyone else like to see support.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

who would everyone else like to see support.

Train :)
    They supported them for one of the Giants shows last year so have my fingers crossed.

Its strange it hasn't been announced yet
    Thought we would have known by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Hi Guys- getting close now!!!:)
    Does anyone know if i have gold circle tickets can i walk out onto pitch too?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

MIRMIR82 wrote: »

Its been possible to do that in the past at some of the Bon Jovi gigs I've been at in Ireland & the UK, but I can't say for sure about this gig in the RDS.

I know for Punchestown when you left the GC area to go to the toilets, you just exited the GC Area & were in the pitch area at that stage. I took a walk back to the mixing desk to get a look at the stage from that perspective & then just went back into the GC Area.

But depending on venue & security / safety standards, it may not be possible to do this where the pitch area is more defined with borders / stand areas.

I'd guess it should be possible based on what I've seen & done myself in the past but it all depends on the type of crowd control / safety measures on the day & how those are enforced (or not!)... ;)

hard to know, diamond/gold circle tix were advertised as having seperate merchandise/toilet facilities and the circle is going to be more than your standard pit

got seated tix for pals which arrived in post today - sgettin closer

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

evillive wrote: »
    hard to know, diamond/gold circle tix were advertised as having seperate merchandise/toilet facilities and the circle is going to be more than your standard pit

got seated tix for pals which arrived in post today - sgettin closer

I ordered mine the week after they went on sale - theres still no sign of 'em coming:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭roadmaster

does anyone know how ticket sales have sold for the second night ive heard only 10000 have being sold but a friend of my sisters who works with aiken told her that well over 30000 has being sold for the second night to, does anyone know the truth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I ordered mine the week after they went on sale - theres still no sign of 'em coming:(

My golden circle tickets haven't arrived either, but i have my ticket confirmation and all so i should be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Soo tempted to get tickets for the second night. €100 is a bit steep, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The Thursday will hardly be sold out by Monday will it?

Advertisement