Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM Installation

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are they false alarming.?
    Why do you think they are too sensitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 panoodles

When i do the walk test, i tip the frame or window, the alarm goes off for a second or so, which indicates it would go off with this force under full alarm??

Heavy rain would set it off the way they are now!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Set your alarm and then test them.

ok tanx ill test them this evening.

I am using an HKC Quatum 70 panel. For the outside bell, is it possible to wire it to the panel so that the LED's always light?

If you have a cable going to the external bell why not use a global wired bell?:confused:

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you have a cable going to the external bell why not use a global wired bell?:confused:

It came as part of a wireless kit,hkc quantum pack 2 . Want led b flashing all da time. I dont ave a wire ran yet, but I can if it would be a better job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

panoodles wrote: »
    It came as part of a wireless kit,hkc quantum pack 2 . Want led b flashing all da time. I dont ave a wire ran yet, but I can if it would be a better job

You can connect 12vdc to the bell. You can power the bell locally if it's handier than running a cable to the panel. You'll also need to purchase a hkc rechargeable battery pack.

if i run the 12 volt from the panel, will the panel battery be enough to supply both the panel and the bell in event of power failure??

Yes , sure the battery would have to able to handle a wired bell.

Tanx again for all the help :)

When I set off alarm, if I press any key on keypad bell stops ringing for about 20 seconds, when it starts again I can press any key again to silence it.

Surely it should only stop when entire code is entered? How can I change this?

Also how can I reduce time between calls to assigned phone numbers. There is at least 2 mins between each call been received?

• Advertisement

It silences to give you a chance to enter a valid code.

thanks for the help. The alarm stopped silencing once the external sounder was fitted. i wanted to have all my testing done before connecting in external sounder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Sensors have to be tested outside of engineer mode to get the most accurate result .

If you want you can get an extra battery pack to have the LEDs flash for up to three years .

If you wire to the external bell the LEDs will light but I think you have to remove the battery pack and use a rechargeable battery .

ya, when i tested shock sensors in walk test mode, they would activate with slighest touch. Once tested on full arm mode they were functioning properly.

I wired a 12volt supply from panel and removed external sounder battery pack. The panel also has a rechargeable battery which will supply internal & external sounder in a power failure.

panoodles wrote: »
    ya, when i tested shock sensors in walk test mode, they would activate with slighest touch. Once tested on full arm mode they were functioning properly.

I wired a 12volt supply from panel and removed external sounder battery pack. The panel also has a rechargeable battery which will supply internal & external sounder in a power failure.

There's nothing wrong doing it this way but its technically no longer a self activating bell . If the panel is knocked off the wall the bell will stop sounding .. But you'll get a text well in advanced so its nothing to really worry about

Evolution1 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong doing it this way but its technically no longer a self activating bell . If the panel is knocked off the wall the bell will stop sounding .. But you'll get a text well in advanced so its nothing to really worry about

Is the way I configured it, how all wired external bells are wired, fed from a panel with a battery back up?

All self activating bells have a battery in them . If the panel is smashed or the cable is cut the bell will still ring .

The hkc rf bell will sound if there is a break down of RF communications ( like cutting a wire for the wired bell )
    The battery pack that's located in the HKC rf bell is what keeps it going .

If you don't have the rechargeable battery in the HKC RF bell when the 12v wire is cut then the bell will stop sounding .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paulfitzg

Hi everyone. Thanks for an excellent forum, learned a lot so far.

I am installing a HKC 10/70 but have run into a problem wiring up MC sensors. I am trying to wire 5 HKC MC sensors on a signle zone but it is showing as open. I have attached a wiring diagram if anyone has a few minutes to look at if for me.

Thanks

Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulfitzg wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Thanks for an excellent forum, learned a lot so far.

I am installing a HKC 10/70 but have run into a problem wiring up MC sensors. I am trying to wire 5 HKC MC sensors on a signle zone but it is showing as open. I have attached a wiring diagram if anyone has a few minutes to look at if for me.

Thanks

Paul.

Hi Paul, diagram looks good.
    A few things to check.
    Zone hardware for the zone is set to DEOL.
    Magnets are lines up with the reed correctly.
    Sensor head on HKC sensors has an arrow, this needs to point upwards.

Hi Altor,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I have checked the three things you suggested and am still getting open when trying to set the zone.

1.All sensor heads are pointing upwards
    2.Magnets are correctly aligned with reeds
    3.Zone set to D-EOL 4k7

Paul

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I have checked the three things you suggested and am still getting open when trying to set the zone.

1.All sensor heads are pointing upwards
    2.Magnets are correctly aligned with reeds
    3.Zone set to D-EOL 4k7

Paul

I would check for a loose connection on the alarm loop if it is showing the zone open but not the tamper.

Hi Altor.

You are a life saver. While I was checking the wiring I decided to double check all the sensor heads again (only having checked them all 5 minutes ago) and would you believe one was pointing the wrong way.

Thanks for your help - sometimes you just need someone else to encourage you to check the obvious :)

Paul.

Hi Altor,

I have one more question for you if you don't mind. I have six core cable and would like to run three zones on the one cable. I can't figure out how to augment my diagram to include three zones using a common black? I am using all HKC MC sensors.

Paul.

Hi Altor,

I have one more question for you if you don't mind. I have six core cable and would like to run three zones on the one cable. I can't figure out how to augment my diagram to include three zones using a common black? I am using all HKC MC sensors.

Paul.

Always happy to help Paul.

Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 emmetg

hi all i was woundering about wiring up PIRs 4 in a line on one zone useing the 1070HKC alarm panel can some one post up a drigam for me off how to do this thanks

Its not the recommended procedure.
    Why do you want them all on the one zone.?

i was told that there is a zone point id were you can wire the all in one the its the the way the house was wired up years ago so i got the 1070 panel
    would you have a drawing on how to do this kollkid
    any help would be great

You will need Point ID sensors .
    You connect them all in parallel all the + together
    all the - together & all the data together.
    The + & - connect to aux power & the data connects to a zone set as point ID.
    I'll PM you the manual that will help you more.
    When you say the house is wired for this how do you mean?
    Is there just one cable feeding all the PiRs?
    Have you perimeter protection as well?
    2 things I would say here. PiRs without perimeter protection with contacts and sensors is not much use. Someone has to have gained entry to your home before the alarm activates.
    Secondly, Point ID would not be my first choice, I have had many issues with them.
    If you can explain the wiring configuration to me I'll see if there's another option available to you.

cool look forward to getting the manual koolkid
    so do i under stand that the only pir that will work must be hkc point id ones coz i just pir from the holesale but thay are not hkc will it still work ?

• Advertisement

They won't work as point ID , the way you asked.
    What is the wiring configuration? That way I can tell you how you can wire them .

Advertisement