Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC ALARM Installation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Hi folks, I recently bought a house that has a hkc alarm installed.

The previous owner gave me the engineer code for the system.
    Is there a list of commands anywhere for basic features like renaming zones, changing the text alert mobile numbers and changing the alarm code etc.
    Have searched a lot but all I can find is the end user manual. Would appreciate any help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi ,
    I sent you some manuals & the menu map for those systems.
    If you need any help give us a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I sent you some manuals & the menu map for those systems.
    If you need any help give us a shout.

Exactly what i was looking for.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jpbrown1

Moved into my house and there was a phonewatch alarm installed but also a airetech cs350 also still installed the people that lived there said it still works fine it just needs a outside bell so from reading the post on here it seems that the hkc 1070 is a good panel also to have it monitored by myself or to text me i opened the main panel and it went off so seems ok the couple said when they got phone watch he put there bell up over where the old bell is and the wire is still there so would it be hard to swap old panel and keypad and outside bell is it just taking zone 1 from old and puting it into zone 1 on new panel and so on please help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are looking at self monitoring, text is on the way out in favour of IP which will give you notifications and full remote control of your system.
    With Systems like GSD , Siemens or Risco there would be no charge for apps or no running costs.
    With HKC there are charges for the apps & annual subscriptions to use the app.
    You will get more information here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You can use a voice dialler or GSM Q text/voice unit for use with the HKC system. They also have an app which costs €60 a year to use which covers all texts/ voice calls and push notifications. If you use either of the first two I suggested you get charged by your phone provider for whatever you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

Again as others have said this is a really great thread.

Quick question on terminology as there seem to be so many different descriptions of sensors online. Only referring to HKC below:

Are Shock and Inertia the EXACT same thing?
    What does MC stand for - HKC have an "ID Contact & Shock (MC & Inertia)" sensor
    Is contact the same as reed?

What is the difference between these two products -
    http://www.securitydirect.ie/intruder-alarms/hardwire-systems/detectors/hkc-id-shock-sensor/
    http://www.securitydirect.ie/id-inertia-sensor/

So far I've bought from TradeElectric and Kellihers - neither of which seem to have much knowledge of the differences between the various items.

This HKC product matrix might be useful for someone.
    http://www.hkcsecurity.com/resource-files/Product_matrix.pdf

Thanks

Shock and inertia are the same thing.
    Contact is the same as reed.
    MC refers to a combined shock and contact.
    One of those sensors is a global wired inertia or MC the other is an ID sensor for use with HKC panels only where each sensor can be seen and programmed as a separate zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭altor

text is on the way out

Has to be the quote of the day :D

• Advertisement

Trying to figure out single/dual EOL using the attached diagram and a HKC shock and contact sensor - SEN-WR.

So I wired up the sensor using the lower diagram - and thought it would be good to check before wiring to panel so tested it as shown
    using the meter which says 9K4?

Is this correct? I was expecting it to say closed - i.e. 4K7?

out of interest - the HKC manual only shows one resistor in its diagram for single EOL?

Any help thoughts much appreciated - there will only be one sensor on this zone.

bikenut wrote: »
    Trying to figure out single/dual EOL using the attached diagram and a HKC shock and contact sensor - SEN-WR.

So I wired up the sensor using the lower diagram - and thought it would be good to check before wiring to panel so tested it as shown
    using the meter which says 9K4?

Is this correct? I was expecting it to say closed - i.e. 4K7?

out of interest - the HKC manual only shows one resistor in its diagram for single EOL?

Any help thoughts much appreciated - there will only be one sensor on this zone.

Just looking at the sensor you are using, its a inertia.
    I cant see a reed on the device which you have wired in too, that is why it is showing open.

Reed is 1 and 6 on that device.
    Inertia is 2 and 5
    Tamper is 3 and 4

Thanks - tried again this time with the sensor+contact and same result. Shows 9K4 whether the contact is closed or not and open line if I take open the tamper spring (in the last photo I'm holding down the spring).

Back to start of this thread again to find out where I'm going wrong. I don't think it's the connections as otherwise it wouldn't be showing 9K4 all the time.

I presume that if a detector is working properly it should show 4K7 to the panel?

Thanks - tried again this time with the sensor+contact and same result. Shows 9K4 whether the contact is closed or not and open line if I take open the tamper spring (in the last photo I'm holding down the spring).

Back to start of this thread again to find out where I'm going wrong. I don't think it's the connections as otherwise it wouldn't be showing 9K4 all the time.

I presume that if a detector is working properly it should show 4K7 to the panel?

There is an arrow on the sensor head that must point upwards, looks side ways in your photo.
    This and the magnet in place with the lid closed will close it for you.

Ha - thanks x 10^6!!

I would have been there forever without seeing that! Works perfect - pic attached.

Ha - thanks x 10^6!!

I would have been there forever without seeing that! Works perfect - pic attached.

All easy when you know how :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 damoj29

Sorry to jump in on this thread but seems appropriate as I'm wring an hkc alarm at the moment...
    Could anyone advise how I wire two sabb's into a panel.... Eh, a diagram would be fantastic! Thanks!

Hope this helps.

436588.jpg

If any connections are different give me a shout

Absolutely brilliant! Thanks!

I have only got around to this today... And I'm already confused!

In my hkc sabb's there is a resistor across two terminals with one marked as "back to panel", then there is the bho terminal - how does the previous diagram apply to this?

You will only need one resistor between the 2 bells and that will be from the second bell back to the TR on the panel. The TR from the first bell will have no resistor & will connect to the BHO on the second.

• Advertisement

damoj29 wrote: »
    I have only got around to this today... And I'm already confused!

In my hkc sabb's there is a resistor across two terminals with one marked as "back to panel", then there is the bho terminal - how does the previous diagram apply to this?

Also on your first SABB you will be taking out the resistor and putting the cable in the right terminal if you have the cable from the panel to the SABB.
    So you would not be putting it in the BACK TO PANEL side.

altor wrote: »
    Also on your first SABB you will be taking out the resistor and putting the cable in the right terminal if you have the cable from the panel to the SABB.

Thanks guys,
    So, just clarify... In my own way...

Remove both resistors.
    SABB 1
    Panel to sabb 1 - bho into bho.
    Tamper to bho in sabb 2 (leaving 'back to panel' empty in sabb 1)
    SABB 2
    Tamper through resistor back to TR in panel (leaving 'back to panel' empty in sabb 2)
    ?

Thanks guys,
    So, just clarify... In my own way...

Remove both resistors.
    SABB 1
    Panel to sabb 1 - bho into bho.
    Tamper to bho in sabb 2 (leaving 'back to panel' empty in sabb 1)
    SABB 2
    Tamper through resistor back to TR in panel (leaving 'back to panel' empty in sabb 2)
    ?

Sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

Sorry for hijacking here, would anyone have the installation engineers manual for the HKC 1070 hybrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭kub

sparky63 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking here, would anyone have the installation engineers manual for the HKC 1070 hybrid.

Due to copyright issues, boards does not allow the sharing of manuals any longer.

Hi
    As above Boards.ie no longer allow us to share manuals here.
    If you contact the manufacturer or an installer I'm sure they would be able to help you.

Thanks will do. I'm awaiting delivery of the alarm, not sure if it comes with it or just the user manual. Wanted to start goin through the manual.

Do you mean delivery of the equipment?

Yea, panel, keypad, few wireless shock/contacts, battery, sab and internal sounder. Have an existing Aritech cs350 that needs replacing.

• Advertisement

If you have bought it you should be getting the installation manual.

Grand, Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Grand, Thanks

HKC panels don't come with an Engineers manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭kub

HKC panels don't come with an Engineers manual.

As mentioned on the panel packaging ' Only available to professional Installers '

Thanks guys, eventually found it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Sorry if this is wrong thread but just thought i'd ask about rough cost of replacing the hkc GSM card for a wifi one to enable app usage....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Hi All,
    I have wired nearly all my hkc components and powered up the panel to get the bell light flashing outside as a deterrent.I haven’t programmed anything yet due to been busy.
    I have to add in a pir and gsm/wifi unit, if I open the panel will the external bell ring? Is there a way of disabling it before I start?
    Also any advice on programming?
    Thanks in advance

Once you power the panel up disarm it and then enter engineer code. Once in the engineer menu you can work away without the system activating.
    If you have any questions on programming come back to us.

Once you power the panel up disarm it and then enter engineer code. Once in the engineer menu you can work away without the system activating.
    If you have any questions on programming come back to us.
    Great thanks for that

• Advertisement

So I have every zone walked tested bar the back door.i have wired it dual end of line ( 1 core into tamper and 1 core into reed, then into sensor into tamper with 2 4.7kohm resistors.)
    When I set it dual EOL it says 9500ohm open.
    If I set it single EOL it says 9500ohm closed but neither activate on walk test.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers

If its seeing 9500 it thinks the zone is already open.
    Can you post a pic of how the resistors are wired?

If its seeing 9500 it thinks the zone is already open.
    Can you post a pic of how the resistors are wired?
    Sorted it thanks.the arrow wasn’t fully pointing up

Sorted it thanks.arrow wasn’t fully pointing up.i have it all fully working,but when I open the front door it beeps for a few seconds I must of set something wrong?

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Sorted it thanks.arrow wasn’t fully pointing up.i have it all fully working,but when I open the front door it beeps for a few seconds I must of set something wrong?

Sounds like you have turned on the chime on the keypad.
    0 hash 6 on and 0 hash 6 off.

Sounds like you have turned on the chime on the keypad.
    0 hash 6 on and 0 hash 6 off.

That sorted it .thanks

• Advertisement

That sorted it .thanks

Glad you got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi Altor,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

almeera wrote:
    I have HKC alarm 1070 installed. I have GSM Q installed as well. can you please explain the connection to the HKC board. for switching lights on

Almeera, please stop asking the same questions repeatedly.

The lads will get to you if and when they have time.

Leave 8 month old threads alone please.

Open your own thread, ask a question if you don't get an answer so be it. Don't repeat the question in other threads

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

Hi, I am struggling to wire a saab bellbox to HKC alarm, everything else is working correctly but I can not set the alarm due to open tamper in External bell.

I have wired the control pabel to the bellbox as follows:
    Control Panel
    > Bellbox
    External bell +
    > External Bell +
    External bell -
    > External Bell -
    SABB Hold
    > Sabb hold (BHO)
    Tamper return
    > Tamper resistor to panel terminal
    Internal Bell +
    > Strobe +
    Internal Bell -
    > Strobe -

Note:
    1. I have a resistor between Sabb hold and tamper return in the control panel
    2. I havea resistor between tamper return in the bellbox and the terminal beside it (i.e. placed into the terminal marked resistor in the bellbox.

I thought the issue was something to do with wiring the switch to the terminals marked 'A' and 'B' in the bellbox but I noticed these terminals get shorted when the lid is closed. So I removed the switch fromm the equation and just shorted these terminals with a wire to test. Still get open bell box tamper.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Only use one resistor. It needs to be wired in series with the tamper return.

• Advertisement
Advertisement