Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend free source code host

Options
  • 26-10-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭

I am working on updating a Blueprint WordPress theme to use WordPress 3.0 features. It would be a GPL license.

I have CVS on my local system but I would like to put it in a public repository. I am familar with CVS and Subversion.
    I was thinking about Google Code.

Any comments about Google Code or other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

daymobrew wrote: »
    I am working on updating a Blueprint WordPress theme to use WordPress 3.0 features. It would be a GPL license.

I have CVS on my local system but I would like to put it in a public repository. I am familar with CVS and Subversion.
    I was thinking about Google Code.

Any comments about Google Code or other recommendations?

If you like SVN, ProjectLocker have a free option.
    It's limited to 5 users, 500MB and 3 projects.
    You could always set up a guest account and give it whatever permissions you want.

I am interested in hearing about Google Code, so nice thread :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

SourceForge is probably the biggest repository of FOSS.
    Ubuntu's Launchpad is very nice, though its "Bazaar" VCS can seem a little slow - well if the project is any size anyway.
    Both are free.

Advertisement