Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penalty Points, Do I have to inform my insurance?

• 26-10-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi Just got a letter from the gards telling me I was driving at a speed of 71km/h exceeding a 'special speed limit' of 50km/h.

Balls.:(

So I have to pay €80 and get 2 penalty points.

My question is do I have to ring my insurance (Quinn Direct) and tell them straight away or do I just wait until my next renewal. These are my first ever points.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Contact them and tell them, 2 points had no affect on my premium with Quinn at all so i wouldn't be worried about it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Plus, just be aware that the points havent been applied yet. Its only when they receive payment and send out a letter to confirm, then you have points. So when points last for 3 years, they can actually last for a few months longer from "date of offence".

Most insurance companies will only start loading from 6 or above, so I wouldnt worry about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Pretty sure you only have to inform them when renewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I wouldn't bother contacting them now.
    You can tell them at renewal.
    Don't worry about it. Do worry about all these new speed camera vans coming soon, gonna be every where I'd say so could easily rack up the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Thanks for all the replys.

Just off the phone with them, the guy was pretty sympathetic and told me it wouldn't effect my premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I have 4 and it never affected my renewal. I think up to 4 is a kind of stepping stone. Then once you have 5 or 6 your premium is affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Double post.

Advertisement