Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting money into a Spanish Bank account?

Options
  • 26-10-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I am currently in Spain and have a Bank Account here. Someone from home wants to send me some money but doesn't want to pay Western Union fees.

is there an easy way to lodge the money into, say, an irish bank and have it transfered to a Spanish bank? Or any other way to get the money to my Spanish Bank Account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yes. They can make a SEPA payment from the Irish account to the Spanish account. The person sending the money will need your BIC and IBAN number. They are usually on a bank statement or you can contact the bank to get them. This would be the cheapest option, it may take a couple of days to recieve the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Hi

I am currently in Spain and have a Bank Account here. Someone from home wants to send me some money but doesn't want to pay Western Union fees.

is there an easy way to lodge the money into, say, an irish bank and have it transfered to a Spanish bank? Or any other way to get the money to my Spanish Bank Account?

If you have the full BIC/IBAN it can be done with online bank (AIB anyway).

Can also be done in a branch. IN Branch, it can take a week or so, since the (or used to) post the form to your home branch for them to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It should be noted that it's typically free (as it's euro to euro). With AIB also, and have used online a bit. Generally 3 days to transfer (for free), or you can pay a small charge for an urgent transfer (typically a day).

Advertisement