Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai at Norris' Corner

• 26-10-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Passed there about an hour ago but couldn't stop, seemed to be about 8-9 gardai in hi-vis gear around a car just by the cannon street side. Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Free donuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Looks like dogging has gone up a notch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Passing Kitty Kierens on Barrack Street about an hour ago and Guards walked up to car in Traffic and asked them to get out...didnt see what happened then as i was in a flow of traffic !!

Somethings goin down... around the town...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Maybe the guards are trying to find more pipebombs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

Maybe they're waiting for Chuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Maybe they're waiting for Chuck
    Haha good one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

David?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Just coming home from work at 1 and met 2 guards on bikes coming down from cherrymount at the little bridge across from kingfisher. Thought it was unusal at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Were any of the cars green with a distinctive white strip by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 thegoldenchild

Passed Norris' corner myself yesterday at that time. There was a taxi man pulled in to the other side of the road, slumped over the wheel. There was obviously something wrong, the ambulance was also there...not sure what happened to him, but didn't look like he could be moved out of the car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

I feel this kinda thread/story/speculation gives the internet a really bad reputation. Nobody can do or see anything w/o someone else immediately
    jumping to conclusions. I really fear for society as a whole if this is the direction the cyber generation is leading us. Its only as recently ago as the late 90s that mobile phones began their proliferation into Irish society. How did we ever survive before then I wonder??

Nowdays people are reading way too much into things & this leads to unnecessary speculation. Joe Bloggs usually takes his morning walk at 10am. However today he leaves the house at 12.15. And dosent bother goin to mass! That man's changed so much. Maybe he has hit the booze hard. And where's his wife these days. I havent seen her round much etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

Joe Bloggs usually takes his morning walk at 10am. However today he leaves the house at 12.15. And dosent bother goin to mass! That man's changed so much. Maybe he has hit the booze hard. And where's his wife these days. I havent seen her round much etc

people who say that kind of stuff only do so because other people listen to it and seem interested. if nobody gave a sh1te they'd all go back to playing a game made by Zynga

back on topic: so did anyone get a roundhouse kick yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 thegoldenchild

I feel this kinda thread/story/speculation gives the internet a really bad reputation. Nobody can do or see anything w/o someone else immediately
    jumping to conclusions. I really fear for society as a whole if this is the direction the cyber generation is leading us. Its only as recently ago as the late 90s that mobile phones began their proliferation into Irish society. How did we ever survive before then I wonder??

Nowdays people are reading way too much into things & this leads to unnecessary speculation. Joe Bloggs usually takes his morning walk at 10am. However today he leaves the house at 12.15. And dosent bother goin to mass! That man's changed so much. Maybe he has hit the booze hard. And where's his wife these days. I havent seen her round much etc

Jeez, seems you can't answer a question here without someone getting personal. My response was out of concern for the poor man, and maybe someone did know who he was, or how he was. I don't think seeing Gardai crowding around someone in a car reading too much into things. There was obviously something wrong with the man.

Advertisement