Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get large (full trunk) logs?

Options
  • 26-10-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy

I need to get just 2 large logs. They need to be the full diameter of the trunk, approx a foot and half in diameter and a foot deep. They need to be dry as possible.

Any suggestions on where I could get them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A sawmill? You will probably have to ring round a few to see which would sell - and presumably deliver - tree trunks/logs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tree Surgeons or Sawmill???

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Contact Coillte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dunsie2007

Hi there,

I have recently cut down a Cherry Blossom tree. I have some fairly chunky logs still. Based in Dublin, and you would need to collect. I cam easure and take photographs. Was going to sell as fire wood, but if you need something specific these might suit you. Let me know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

dunsie, it might be worth seeing if there are any wood turners in the area; they may be able to put the cherry to better use than burning it. plus, you might get a nice turned bowl out of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement