Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religious crazies get the knives out for Norris' Presidency bid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

The existence of God (i.e., a supreme being/ prime mover of some sort that created the universe) hasn't been disproven but it is likely not to exist. The existence of a personal God (i.e., the Abrahamic God personified by the scriptures and other God (s) who directly interact in the course of the apparent 'fate' of humanity) has been proven false.

Again, if you're going to claim that the Abrahamic concept of God has been proven false, you have the floor as the first person in the world to do so.

Dare I say, you're not being the most honest. Surely both you and I can value honesty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

david75 wrote: »
    This site is actually quite alarming.
    These people are really crazy and have it in for David Norris in a big way. A lot of it is quite libelous too.

http://www.davidnorris4president.com/index.html

But this place is even worse. Talk about misinformed willfull ignorance
    http://www.campaignforconscience.org/

Can someone explain these religious nuts to me please? they always bang on about Leviticus and God being anti-gay but the same book has this in it.
    Leviticus 19:18, "'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

Are they just crazy angry people who need a target?

religious people being stupid. i've never seen that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The existence of a personal God (i.e., the Abrahamic God personified by the scriptures and other God (s) who directly interact in the course of the apparent 'fate' of humanity) has been proven false..

Really? :eek: I'd love to evidence of that there chief. It would make things, like you know sorting out the Middle East issues, a hell of a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

prinz wrote: »
    Really? :eek: I'd love to evidence of that there chief. It would make things, like you know sorting out the Middle East issues, a hell of a lot easier.

It was actually me that proved it, I worked out a mathematical formula and it's air tight I'm afraid. I gave it to my neighbour to hold onto for me, that guy Ned with the mustache. I hope he's careful with it cause I can't remember exactly how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

strobe wrote: »
    It was actually me that proved it, I worked out a mathematical formula and it's air tight I'm afraid. I gave it to my neighbour to hold onto for me, that guy Ned with the mustache. I hope he's careful with it cause I can't remember exactly how it went.

Okily Dokily. I hope pi was involved. Mmmmmmmh pi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

http://sites.google.com/site/norrisarticle/

"In terms of classic paedophilia, as practised by the Greeks for example, where it is an older man introducing a younger man or boy to adult life, I think there can be something to be said for it. And in terms of North African experience this is endemic.
    Now again, this is not something that appeals to me, although when I was younger it would most certainly have appealed to me in the sense that I would have greatly relished the prospect of an older, attractive, mature man taking me under his wing, lovingly introducing me to sexual realities, and treating me with affection and teaching me about life - yes, I think that would be lovely; I would have enjoyed that."

I knew I'd heard something about this before but I thought I must have imagined it because it's so crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

religious people being stupid. i've never seen that before!

Of course religion is totally irrational...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Jakkass wrote: »
    Again, if you're going to claim that the Abrahamic concept of God has been proven false, you have the floor as the first person in the world to do so.

Dare I say, you're not being the most honest. Surely both you and I can value honesty?

There are a million claims that cannot be proven to be false, but that doesn't mean that they are not false. For example - I cannot prove that the tooth fairy doesn't exist - But I'm pretty certain she doesn't. In the same respect, I cannot prove that a God (be it Zeus, Thor, The Flying Spaghetti Monster or any other god) exists, but I'm sure that he/she/it does not.

When someone makes abnormal claims, then the onus is immediately on them to prove their abnormal claims. Nobody has to prove that God doesn't exist. The onus is on you to prove that he does exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

dfolnep: I'm not even arguing such. All I'm asking Killer Pigeon to do is back up what he said he can do! He said he could disprove the concept of Abrahamic God. I'm quite interested to hear this, unless he should be so honest as to say, he can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Jakkass wrote: »
    dfolnep: I'm not even arguing such. All I'm asking Killer Pigeon to do is back up what he said he can do! He said he could disprove the concept of Abrahamic God. I'm quite interested to hear this, unless he should be so honest as to say, he can't.

It's not possible for him to do so. The idea of God is so vague, it wouldn't even be remotely possible to begin searching for him/her at a scientific level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's not possible for him to do so. The idea of God is so vague, it wouldn't even be remotely possible to begin searching for him/her at a scientific level.

Scientific understanding of the world is not the only aspect of understanding. Focusing on the man-made scientific method and excluding all other dimensions of rationality (i.e. fingers in one's ears/head in the sand) does not give one much credibility. It is true to say that there is much emphasis on science in this technological age that we currently live in so I can understand how someone can put all their faith in the endeavours of the scientific community. However, I suspect you aren't familiar with basic Christian theology -- or the philosophy of any other religion for that matter -- hence your ignorant commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

JonJoeDali wrote: »
    It's still a theory. No conclusive proof. Dogmatic evolutionists are just as dangerous to science as the dogmatic pseudo-scientists who come out with stuff such as "the big bang was the beginning of the universe". Thankfully, the scientific system is good at weeding out such views, but the scientific bodies have no control over ambitious pop scientists who like nothing more than standing on stages or in front of television cameras.

Are you for real, 'just a theory'? Gravity is 'just a theory' but I'm pretty confident if I jump out my window I will fall the three floors to the ground. They may not have all the answers when it comes to evolution but they do have most of the answers.

meglome wrote: »
    Are you for real, 'just a theory'? Gravity is 'just a theory' but I'm pretty confident if I jump out my window I will fall the three floors to the ground. They may not have all the answers when it comes to evolution but they do have most of the answers.

I thought gravity had been proven?

dlofnep wrote: »

Exactly. There is as much evidence proving god exists as there is proving he doesn't. I always find it funny how atheists take it personally when someone believes in a God. Like it hurts them in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

k_mac wrote: »
    I thought gravity had been proven?
    Gravity is one of the least understood laws of nature.

Gravity is one of the least understood laws of nature.

Exactly. A law not a theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

strobe wrote: »

Joseph Smith? Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Exactly. There is as much evidence proving god exists as there is proving he doesn't. I always find it funny how atheists take it personally when someone believes in a God. Like it hurts them in some way.

Yet again all atheists get tarred with the same brush. Sure, this must be true for SOME atheists and also true for SOME religious people when they are challenged. Hence the abundance of threads on the same topic!

Theres more evidance to suggest God doesnt exist as opposed to the notion that he/she/it does exist. Also, the beliefs of theists do affect non-believers in a number of different ways e.g we dont have absolute freedom of speech in this country anymore because of some theists.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

isn't this supposed to be about Norris?

• Advertisement

I thought it was about Nazi Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,334 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Who the hell heck is Norris??

Oh yeah...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The Bible/Christianity believes that God clicked his fingers and the Earth was created 10000 years ago.

Science has produced theories on the Big Bang and Evolution and uses scientific data to support their claims. Science has found that space is billions of years old.

Just because science does not have all the answers does not prove God exists. The only 'proof' of a God is a book of fairytales from 2000 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I thought it was about Nazi Germany.

Norris was in Nazi Germany?

Did he know the Pope I wonder?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The only 'proof' of a God is a book of fairytales from 2000 years ago.

And love.

Explain love with yer science and yer learning science boy?

Or clouds, or the beaming smile of a child in a meadow on a sunny morning, wearing flowers in their hair and smoking crack from a pipe, a crack pipe I believe they call it.

Surely this too is proof of God?

Explain hiccups.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    And love.

Explain love with yer science and yer learning science boy?

Or clouds, or the beaming smile of a child in a meadow on a sunny morning, wearing flowers in their hair and smoking crack from a pipe, a crack pipe I believe they call it.

Surely this too is proof of God?

I'm converted
    Explain hiccups.

An irritation of the phrenic nerve.

Explain hiccups.

Little bubbles of love.

Brilliant video. But if we need grips and tabs and fruit to lean towards our mouths for us to eat it, then why isn't all fruit made like that?

Damn you god with your tricky apples and furry kiwi fruit. Not to mention your spikey and painful pineapples.

• Advertisement

I'm converted

An irritation of the phrenic nerve.
    Pitty he didnt create the vagina to be equally user friendly.

Advertisement