Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Leave Question

Options
  • 26-10-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

not sure if I’m posting in the correct section but my partner is due to go on ,maternity leave in the coming days.

We both have outstanding personal loans. , herself has about 10+payments left

Do you know if her bank (Ulster bank) will freeze the payments for a couple of months ?

We wouldn’t be able to manage with bills & rent.

They did with our first daughter.
    (3 years ago)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You will have to contact them and ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You will have to contact them and ask them about it.

your so helpful fair play.

do you just comment for the sake of commenting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I doubt any of the posters here will know if Ulster Bank has changed the policy or if they have if they effect you and the loans you have out, the only way is to check the terms and conditions of the loans you have with the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I doubt any of the posters here will know if Ulster Bank has changed the policy or if they have if they effect you and the loans you have out, the only way is to check the terms and conditions of the loans you have with the bank.

+1

That's it - the only way to know for sure. And I'd suggest doing it sooner than later if your partner's done work soon. Also, by contacting the bank now you'll make a record that you're trying to sort something out in the event of any future arrears which may occur.

On another note, your response to Thaedydal was a bit snide... :rolleyes:

Advertisement