Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chaos 8 - Millenium Forum Derry - 12 Feb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    Alan can I ask you not to be drawn into this honey;)

Its not a very constructive and taking away from Chaos Show thread!

Be the bigger man and rise from it;)

Urs
    x

+1

Very true mrs L lol Alan you don't have to justify yourself to anyone, this is just some young lad that doesn't know anything about mma but an armchair critic that will never step up and get in the cage himself don't let him get to you.

Ps good luck in your fight alan it has fight of the night written all over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Philpott1mm4

Yea true,

I think this chaos show could definately be 1 of the best shows this year to come.

Ive herd that a lot of people think that my fight will be fight of the night, Im sure me and eugene will do enough to please the crowd and do enough for john and jason to get us back on the show.

Yea true,

I think this chaos show could definately be 1 of the best shows this year to come.

Ive herd that a lot of people think that my fight will be fight of the night, Im sure me and eugene will do enough to please the crowd and do enough for john and jason to get us back on the show.

I'm looking forward to see you fight I seen you at strabane and I know it wasn't your best night but your a very promising fighter and I hope you start 2011 with a win and hope you have a great year your definately one to watch and I think 2011 will be your year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

.........I think this chaos show could definately be 1 of the best shows this year to come.

Chaos is definately a great show and this one has a super fight card. Also with the new venue we should be having an excellent nite of MMA!

I am eager for your fight;) Yourself and Eugene are two great fighters and this has "explosion" written all over it :D

Urs
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 theanswer1

Philpott wee james gallagher is gonna take u18 fighter of the year and to be honest hed finish you inside of 1 round

Look mate we all know your type you associate with a club and wear the hoody and go round calling yourself a "cagefighter" but your just making a fool of yourself, you obviously don't know much about mma as you would know James gallager is fighting at teen level which is a different class to alan philpott and the awards are just one organisation thoughts not that of everyone in Irish mma. So stop taking over the Chaos thread with your stupid remarks and either get back on topic or leave boards altogether.

LOL yea he has good chance getting it before i seen that i was nominated i was thinking is he not going to get an award.

If he wins il congradulate him, but im not fighting him on chaos lol, ive fought harder guys and the fights are gettin harder so why would i drop to fight someone like him also, my fight is pro b he is c-class and fighting and up and comer from our gym, so hope the show goes well.

lol your mad whoever you are and have no b...s

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

so why would i drop to fight someone like him
    Seriously?! Catch a grip Alan.

O and dont be feeding the troll. Never argue with an idiot, you will never win .

Chaos is going to be an amazing show, Mcgregor vs Brady is a great fight, cant pick a winner but know it could end at any second for both guys.

What, not dissing anyone, just stating a fact, and yea im not going to argue, don't care what people think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 theanswer1

Bantam Pro B
    Alan Philpott (IMMA) vs Eugene McAuley(SFT)

Alan has just been getting better and better everytime I see him. He is a workhorse and has no weak area to his game. Great prospect for the future.

Eugene is a former boxer who likes to stand and bang but is more than well versed on the ground.

best of luck eugene take this mother f*cker out lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

theanswer1 wrote: »
    best of luck eugene take this mother f*cker out lol

No offense man but most fighter's or club's would be ashamed to be associated with someone who is trash talking on sites like this. These forums are for the mma community to come together and work together to provide quality entertainment for fans like yourself. Also instead of ruining a promotions thread , it would be wise to set up your own thread or post something of relevance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 domz mc c

guys chill out, no matter who wins on the nite, any man steps into the cage gets a hats off from me, its not an easy thing to do for any man. it is something we all love doing so stop the **** talkin and enjoy the moment, am fighting at chaos to, il do my talkin wen am in der, still respect my oppenient tho,,

Light welter Pro A
    Dominic McConnell(Strabane) vs Philip Mulpeter(SBG)

Dominic is game as a badger and would step into the ring with brock if asked. He steps up again to fight on Chaos and brings and awesome ground and pound game and good boxing skills to boot.

Philip is less experienced and hails from JK's SBG club in dublin so you know he could never be counted out. He is looking to make a mark on his the scene.
    this is my 8th time fighting at chaos, it will be a pleasure welcoming philip onto the show, one of da best shows about,

It's going to be a brilliant night of fun and craic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Is there an up to date fight card for this or do I just have to skim through all the posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

card subject to change

Welterweight Title
    Mervin Mulholland(IFS) vs Ronan McKay(EFR)

Bantam Title
    Patrick Holohan(SBG) vs Neil McGuigan(EFR)

Pro Light weight Title eliminator
    Connor McGregor(SBG) vs Hugh Brady(PHK)

Feather weight A

TBA vs Paddy Doc(EFR)

Pro A
    Philip Mulpeter(SBG) vs Dominic McConnell(NFT)

Feather A class
    Deckly Dalton(PCCB) vs Connor Mulholland(Sudden Impact)

Feather B class
    Andy 'Taz' Young(Tai Jitsu) vs Brain Moore(SBG)

Bantam B class
    Alan Philpott(IMMA) vs Eugene 'Kid Dynamite' McAuley(SFT)

C class welter title(new rules)
    Killian Kearney(Elite) vs Gavin 'Shooter' Carlin(Evolve)

C class middleweight Title
    Paul Brown(Fighting Fit) vs Gareth Loughran(Sudden Impact)

LHW C class Title (old rules)
    Gregor Lenark(IMMA) vs Ronan Boyle(Lisnafin MMA)

C class feather Title(new rules)
    Glen Mulchay(Informed performance) vs Milan Kovach(Dg Pound)

Welter C (new rules)
    Kieran Davern(Tuatha De Danann) vs Graham 'Mayhem' Doherty(Evolve)

Bantam C (old rules)
    Josh Boal(IMMA) vs Niall Devine(Strabane)

Feather C (old rules)
    Reece McColgan(SFT) vs Gavin Kelly(Evolve)

Welter C (new rules)
    Brian Gorman(Fighting Fit) vs Paul Brennan(Sudden Impact)

Bantam C(new rules)
    Grant Carroll(Informed Performance) vs Johnny McAuley(Evolve)

Welter C (old rules)
    Micheal Flecher(Tai Jitsu) vs Ciaran McFadden(Rillion Gracie)

Light C (old rules)
    Stuart Cowden(Tai Jitsu) vs Gary 'Cool Cat' Carlin(Evolve)

Teenage Straw weight
    Chris White(IMMA) vs James Gallagher (SFT)

still looking for a mtach for Paddy Doc if any of you know someone interested

drop me a text or mail me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TheFury

Looking forward to watching Decky Dalton in action. Hammers for hands !!

TheFury wrote: »
    Looking forward to watching Decky Dalton in action. Hammers for hands !!
    i seen decky at cagecontender, a was well impressed with him,, def a rising star

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lighting1

this is coming on to be a brilliant card, cant wait to see the dalton fight, he is only 19 and is something special.
    also the hugh brady fight should be a cracker!!

• Advertisement

Its Connor White vs James Gallagher lol,

It's going to be interesting watching Gary Carlin at lightweight , should be a fun fight

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

ttt going to be a great show. Really looking forward to this.
    Any changes in the card?

couple of changes due to injury but apart from that , its gona be a great nite on the cards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

results??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

According to Facebook, out of the 4 fighters from SBG, 3 won and 1 drew. It was Paddy Holohan, Conor McGregor, Brian Moore and Philip Mulpeter. I dont know which one drew and which ones won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

"Brian by ref stoppage. Philip by first rd stoppage. Conor by big tko." And Paddy Holohan vs Neil McGuigan was the draw.

Oustanding night of fights from a packed Millenium Forum in Derry.

Teenage Straw Weight
    Connor White (IMMA) def James Gallagher (SFT) by UD
    Fairly close fight, Gallagher spent most of the fight on his back, but largely because he pulled guard a few times. White showed some very good striking though and that probably made the difference.

C-Class (Old rules) Welterweight
    Ciaran McFadden (Rillion Gracie) def Michael Fletcher (Tai Jitsu) by sub - Triangle round 1
    Early finish to the fight with a fast triangle.

C-Class (Old rules) Lightweight
    Stuart Cowden (Tai Jitsu) def Gavin Kelly (Evolve) by SD
    Exciting fight, with Cowden dominant on the feet but Kelly dangerous on the ground. Kelly showed a lot of heart and a granite chin as Cowden landed some brutal punches throughout the fight. I think there may have been a point deducted for an illegal knee but I'm not sure.

C-Class (Old rules) Light Heavyweight Title
    Gregor Lenark (IMMA) def Ronan Boyle (Lisnafin MMA) by KO - Head kick round 3
    Cracking fight here. Lenark knocked Boyle down in the first with a brutal head kick but hesitated for a second and Boyle recovered. Back and forth battle in the second and could have been a tough one to score, but in the third round Lenark tore into Boyle's leg with kicks and then switched up top for a brutal KO.

C-Class (New rules) Welterweight
    Brian Gorman (Fighting Fit) def Paul Brennan (Sudden Impact) by SD
    Very close fight, both fighters well matched and both threw a lot of leg kicks. Decision could have gone either way IMO.

C-Class (New rules) Welterweight
    Kieran Davern (Tuatha de Danann) def Graham Doherty (Evolve) by Sub - Triangle round 2
    Great first round with a few submission attempts and takedowns from both. In the second round Doherty scored a great slam but wound up in a triangle in the process. He lifted Davern up and slammed him again but failed to shake him loose and had to tap.

C-Class (New rules) Featherweight Title
    Milan Kovach (Dog Pound) def Eamon Lavery (EFR) by Sub - RNC round 1
    Another fast finish for the FW title, Kovach mounted Lavery and rained down punches, then transitioned to the back and locked up the RNC. Great performance.

C-Class (New rules) Welterweight Title
    Killian Kearney (Elite) def Gavin Carlin (Evolve) by TKO - Strikes round 3
    Carlin started brightly and landed some solid shots in the first round but he took a lot of punishment when fighting for a takedown at the end of the second and that seemed to be the turning point. Kearney attacked hard in the third and pounded out the TKO for the belt.

Pro B - Middleweight
    Paul Brown (Fighting Fit) def Paul Moore (IFS) by TKO - Strikes round 2
    Close first round with a lot of clinching against the cage and knees being thrown with neither fighter getting too clear an advantage. In the second though, Brown secured full mount and rained down shots. Moore seemed to be defending pretty well but he didn't look like escaping either and the ref stepped in.

Pro B - Bantamweight
    Alan Philpott (IMMA) def Eugene McAuley (SFT) by Sub - Triangle round 1
    Some high speed ground action in the first round with both fighters reversing each other before Philpott locked up the triangle for the win.

Pro B - Featherweight
    Brian Moore (SBG) def Andy Young (Tai Jitsu) by TKO - Ref stoppage round 3
    Brilliant fight here. In a start reminiscent of Baroni vs Menne, Moore tore in with straight punches and drove Young into the cage. He then went for the takedown and transitioned to the back but was a little too high to secure the RNC. Second round was more of the same with Moore displaying a great mix of standup and then a lovely Judo throw. Young nearly secured an armbar right after that throw but Moore defended well.

In the third round with Moore continuing to land strikes, the ref decided enough was enough and stopped the fight.

Pro A - Light Welterweight
    Philip Mulpeter (SBG) def Dom McConnell (NFT) by Submission - Strikes round 2
    McConnel came very close to winning in the first round with a tight armbar but Mulpeter escaped. In the second round Mulpeter mounted and laid in with strikes for the win.

Pro A - Lightweight
    Connor McGregor (SGB) def Hugh Brady (PHK) by TKO - Strikes round 1
    McGregor came in with a Chuck Liddell style haircut and brought the striking to back it up! Fast powerful hands for a first round knockdown and TKO. His next fight will be for the title.

Pro A - Bantamweight Title
    Patrick Houlihan (SBG) vs Neil McGuigan (EFR) - DRAW
    There was some debate about this fight after the final bell and it was announced as a draw. McGuigan spent almost the entire first round locked in a triangle but to his credit he defended and held on. Another close call with a standing guillotine in the second, then another triangle attempt. The last round was closer but a winner couldn't be found. Not sure I understood the decision as McGuigan spent about 12 minutes of the 15 caught in various submission attempts. Fair enough he defended them all but personally I thought Houlihan should have taken the decision. McGuigan looks to be "unchoke-able" though!

Pro A - Welterweight Title
    Mervin Mulholland (IFS) def Ronan McKay (EFR) by TKO - Strikes round 1
    After the frustration of the draw in the previous title fight, there was no debate on this one. Mulholland landed a huge right hand after what seemed like less than 10 seconds. He followed up with strikes for a 1st round title win.

All in all a great night. I prefer the cage to a ring and this was Chaos's first time with a cage as far as I know. The Forum was pretty well packed out from what I could see too so it looks like the night was a big success for the club and local MMA.

I had to be at work for 11:45 and with the second last fight going the distance and then some debate about the decision it was looking like I might have to run early or be late for work, so a big thanks to Mervyn Mulholland for a 15 second TKO in the last one!

Big congrats to John, Jason and all the Evolve/Chaos crew for a brilliant event.

(Apologies if I got any of the results/rounds wrong, at work now and just posting from what I could resonstruct from my scrawling on my program sheet)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Good night at Chaos, Venue was great and the cage looked really well.

It was a great night and well done to Jason and John for putting on a fantastic show.

Big shout out to Merv 'The Mad Man' Mulholland as the new Chaos Welterweight Champion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

Looks like it was great fights

Very good nite of MMA, bit of upsets in performances and some very super wins ;)

In relation to decision I had Paddy Holohaun x but there is three judges there to try giv best possible reading. Controversy came as we wer unsure if this was vacant title so we waited for promoter to confirm. I felt Paddy dominated the fight and som excellent submissions and altho Neil defended these and maybe edged the last round Paddy won the first two.

Definately a good nite and well done to all involved

Urs
    x

To me fight of night woz definately Brain Moore and Andy Young :D

Excellent fight Moore dominated but Young never gave up and bounced back from some heavy punches to try great sub attempts ;)

Super impressed by these two and definately two stars in the makin - well done lads!

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

I was confused as to why it took so long for the judges to reach a decision for paddys title fight until I was told that Neil's teammate was allowed judge then I knew we were gonna be ripped off. How he actually saw Neil winning that fight in impossible to believe until of course u know they train together.
    He also came in 0.4kg heavy due to some communication error
    And when I saw the score cards one of the judges scored the 2nd round 9-9, its a "10 point must system"

All that being said I am a big fan of Chaos , Jason runs a great show and until this show I've only ever had positive experiences on it. Afterwards he apologised for the over sight and assured me that teammates would not be allowed judge in future.

A quick congrats to sbg fighters Brian Moore, Philip Mulpeter and Conor Mcgregor who all put on technical clinics highlighting the SBG MMA method :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Great fights, great venue, great crowd all in all a cracking show.
    Already looking forward to the next one.

Holohan decision was nuts IMO, though I am starting to learn not to doubt Urs as her decisions matched mine anytime there has been doubt.

The contrast of new vs. old c class rules was quite striking (excuse the pun) at this event. The old c class rules are so out of place at an event of this calibre, and do nothing for the fighters either, when a fighter lands well on the feet, he can't take it to the floor and finish, this happened a number of times in the old c class rules.

McGregor is a superstar in the making and great to see Mervyn back to winning ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paddy_silva

Great night of mma, with some amazing highlight reel finishes. Came away feeling quite jealous of SBG, what a great pedigree of fighters. To be honest i thought Neil and Paddy's fight was a fair result, i reckon them 2 lads would still be in there fighting if that bout was let to go on, fantastic fight all the same. some great striking displayed by the IMMA men aswell.

Unlucky for the the home town fighters but im sure you will all be back on top form for the next show.

In my opinion the venue last night wasnt great but i think it all depended where you were stting, the balacony seats looked great and the first couple of rows on the ground but the further back you were the less you could see, my seat was on the ground and a few rows back and to be honest i could have saved myself £25 and waited till the fights went on you tube cause i couldnt really see much of the action and basically watched most matches on the screen above the cage. I felt the atmosphere wasnt great last night compared to the everglades where its like a hub of atmosphere. Its great to see a show like chaos getting bigger and better and its great for local mma aswel but for the next one i will definately look to get a balacony seat.

As for the fights last night there was some great fights,Andy young and brian moore was without doubt fight of the night , i cant believe Andy Young was still standing at the end of it. KO of the night was gregor lenart that was awesome but all respect to ronan boyle he took some heavy shots and a powerful headkick in the first round aswel and continued. Conor mc gregor is a fighter i would pay to watch time and time again hugh brady is a great fighter and conor just picked him apart. Glad to see Alan Philpott win again and another great performance. Not a good night for local fighters but good fights

................ I am starting to learn not to doubt Urs as her decisions matched mine anytime there has been doubt......

Thanks a million Mark and true to your word;) Means a lot to hear that from a respected person like yourself and you know Ive took slack over this for years and had my doubters (woz good havin our consultation done lots for my confidence)!

I take it extremely serious wen Im judging and work hard at it everytime.... I may not train but have learnt so much through the sport, shows and taught from some great teachers :)

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    Thanks a million Mark and true to your word;) Means a lot to hear that from a respected person like yourself and you know Ive took slack over this for years and had my doubters (woz good havin our consultation done lots for my confidence)!

I take it extremely serious wen Im judging and work hard at it everytime.... I may not train but have learnt so much through the sport, shows and taught from some great teachers :)

Urs
    x

The way it is Ursula someone took a gamble on you and you have been on many shows now, i've always heard positive reports too so from my point of view i got an experienced judge and when it comes down to it the UFC judges in most cases never done MMA or any combat in many cases.

Well done on a great show by the way-glad to hear it went well..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    The way it is Ursula someone took a gamble on you and you have been on many shows now, i've always heard positive reports too so from my point of view i got an experienced judge and when it comes down to it the UFC judges in most cases never done MMA or any combat in many cases.

Well done on a great show by the way-glad to hear it went well..

Thanks for your support as always too Paul :D x You took chance wif me too and Im greatful to you as I only want whats best in the sport ;) I think Ive worked now enough now and gained a lot of experience at a various shows :) x

Hope not takin away from Chaos thread as it woz great show :)

Urs
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

great night of fights as always impressed with mcgregor , thought andy was brilliant for hanging in there after taking all those shots. Looking forward to shooter regaining his title in the future :D

Thanks has to go to the judges , the chaos and evolve members and everyone involved in making it a memorable night :D

Roll on Chaos 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

was confused as to why it took so long for the judges to reach a decision for paddys title fight until I was told that Neil's teammate was allowed judge then I knew we were gonna be ripped off. How he actually saw Neil winning that fight in impossible to believe until of course u know they train together.
    He also came in 0.4kg heavy due to some communication error
    And when I saw the score cards one of the judges scored the 2nd round 9-9, its a "10 point must system"

If this sport is to progress in this country, surely situations like the above cannot continue. The 10 point must system means the winner of the round gets 10 points, the loser 9 or 8 etc. If there is no winner of the round, it is a draw, and both fighters get 10 points.

I will be honest here, because I have held back for long enough. The judging at MMA fights in this country is a complete joke.
    We have judges from the same camps as fighters, judging their fight.
    We have people drafted in at the last minute who have never judged before (yes I can give examples by PM).
    We have judges who do not understand the 10 point must system
    We have judges who sit and drink pints whilst cheering on and providing advice for fighters they support, effectively providing a second corner for the fighter concerned. (Again there are recent examples)
    We have judges who can’t keep their mouths shut in the bar and on the internet after fights as to who and what they scored.
    In relation to decision I had Paddy Holohaun x but there is three judges there to try giv best possible reading.

Basically its seems to be the last thing promoters are concerned with, they get everything organised and then it’s a case of, whoever is willing to judge gets the nod. There are so many posts on here about how hard fighters train to prepare for fights, surely the onus is on the promoters to get 3 capable neutral judges who will have the common sense to realise they are supposed to be professional in their attitudes.

Unfortunately this now means that coaches who want to look after their fighters, now have to not only check out who is running the next show, who is refereeing it, how much their fighter is getting paid, etc but also who is judging it.

I had heard great things about Chaos and I am sure it is a great show (this is not an attack on this promotion), but this is my concern regarding an accumulation of improper conduct by judges in the last couple of years. It is totally unprofessional.

What comes next, asking some mma fan from the audience to fight? to provide medical cover? or referee?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RAMA 5

I was asked about my opinion on the show and any advice for future shows would be greatly appreciated. Good show guys, top fights but. 1 Referee for 15 fights (fatigue)...no-one checking fighters entering the cage, no hand wrap checks (i personally seen a fight team play on this by overstepping wrapping rules knowing they were not being checked)...no ice (and a dickhead of a barman who didnt want to give us any)...no water...a guy taking us to the cage who didnt know when to open the door to the stage....small things that can be easily corrected . As for the judges i cannot comment as it did not effect my fighters, but having watched Paddy Hoolahans fight i find it difficult to see how it was scored a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TEAM RYANO

Some great pints there dave
    At our last battle zone we had 3 different judges from 3 different gyms who were asked weeks before .
    Also we had 2 reffs as it's hard to stay in there all night with out. Break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

i dont like drifting from the thread title or put negative attention on any promotion but i think its time people started to work together and compromise..
    fair enough if promotions have different classes etc(am,semipro a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i pro a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j and so on....but i think a key role in an event is played by referee's and judges..
    in my opinion these should be compitent,professional,independent people..
    i think its time we came to a decision where any promotion putting on an event should have to contract 2/3 referees(imo.... the likes of dave jones,peter lavery,ian M16) these guys have a wealth of experience in mma ..
    3 ref's means they can rotate duties i.e. checking wraps, checking a fighter before he enters the cage and then the refereeing itself..
    as for judges...id love to see a list of compitent,professional people put together for judging duty...(voted by the head coach in each club...each club gets one vote and the top ten people are appointed officail judges for irish MMA)
    i know this will never happen because we got toooooooooo many chief's around the scene that want to call all shots and not compromise !!!!
    if we want to evolve we gotta work together,until we can do this we will be having this argument time and time again..:mad::mad::mad:

stephen

First off thanks to everyone who was involved from fighters and coaches to staff and audience.

The night went well overall. Of course there are always a few things to take on board afterwards and improve upon. We have had feedback in the past which we have implemented and will do so again.

Judging will be looked at. First thing I will say is I never watched the fight so can't comment on the decision. But moving forward we will make sure there are more judges to rotate on the night and will have a spare ref for same matter.

Personally we wish there were a pool of refs and judges out there we could use that were independant from us completely. Every promoter has the same issue at the moment and it would help things in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 KDavern

Is there any videos or photos of the event?

KDavern wrote: »
    Is there any videos or photos of the event?

I have a handful of pics but they're not great. Cage is good for fighting but not for taking pics!

There'll be some on Evolve's facebook page soon I'd assume. Dunno about videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 KDavern

Thanks DrPhilG,yea the cage was great,I was just wondering because I seen a photographer and the show was on the telly in the changing rooms.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement