Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellinter House no longer honouring vouchers

Options
  • 26-10-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all, hope you can advise.

last Christmas a number of members of my family purchased gift vouchers for Bellinter House (very popular place with our family!) some used early in the new year, rest of us didn't.

End of April the busines went into voluntary liquidation. Business was then taken over by 2 of the 3 former owners. Bellinter said they would honor all vouchers for their stated length (12 months) and relatively recently my mother was told this over the phone.

Now on their website they are stating they are NOT honouring vouchers issued prior to April 26th.

Can they do this??? i find it rediculous that a business can continue seamlessly trading; same property/staff/website and practically the same owners yet screw the little people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the company behind the operation is different, then yes, they can refuse to honour the vouchers from the previous operator.

However, what interests me is that the new owners told your mother that they would honour the voucher. Did she get this in any writing at any time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Posted on the main page on the website - http://www.bellinterhouse.com/
    *****Voucher Validity******

The original operators of Bellinter House became

a casualty of the economic downturn on April 26th 2010.

Therefore, we sincerely regret, all vouchers issued

prior to this date are unfortunately invalid.

I see you also posted the same question here - http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=1097223
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clarsax

Dudara, it was said over the phone unfortunately.. I'll have to check with my mother if she got a name etc (not that it probably makes any difference)

Cabaal, thought i might as well try both sites (tho boards seems to get a lot more traffic!)

Advertisement