Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing night at Jimeoin(comedian) in Revolution.

• 26-10-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭

Anyone at the gig here?
    I went there was was cringing thanks to some people in the audience. There was a group of people from a Tesco night out who sat right up the front and they went on to completley ruin the night for everyone else in the audience. They talked and laughed at their own private jokes that it was impossible for Jimeoin to get into his routine. He tried to ask them to stop and when he'd get going they'd just start talking again. At one point he tried to sing some funny songs and then they'd just all stand up and go out for a cigarette so then you couldn't hear the song.
    I just couldn't understand it, if they didn't think he was funny then why didn't they just leave instead of making a complete mess of the night in front of an excellent comedian.
    When he did get going in parts he was very funny but he was constantly getting distracted as where the rest of us by their complete lack of respect of the gig. He tried to chat to some of them and have a laugh but then when he'd start his routine they'd start up again. One lad who he told to be quiet got into a big sulk about it and was even trying to give him dirty looks, i was tempted to deck him at the end of the night but i'd look like the fool then.

Had to get my frustration out and post it on here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Boooourns wrote: »
    Anyone at the gig here?
    I went there was was cringing thanks to some people in the audience. There was a group of people from a Tesco night out who sat right up the front and they went on to completley ruin the night for everyone else in the audience. They talked and laughed at their own private jokes that it was impossible for Jimeoin to get into his routine. He tried to ask them to stop and when he'd get going they'd just start talking again. At one point he tried to sing some funny songs and then they'd just all stand up and go out for a cigarette so then you couldn't hear the song.
    I just couldn't understand it, if they didn't think he was funny then why didn't they just leave instead of making a complete mess of the night in front of an excellent comedian.
    When he did get going in parts he was very funny but he was constantly getting distracted as where the rest of us by their complete lack of respect of the gig. He tried to chat to some of them and have a laugh but then when he'd start his routine they'd start up again. One lad who he told to be quiet got into a big sulk about it and was even trying to give him dirty looks, i was tempted to deck him at the end of the night but i'd look like the fool then.

Had to get my frustration out and post it on here.

Sorry to hear that. He's one of my favourites. Never seen him live, but have listened to clips of him.

If he could only speak Polish he may well have succeeded in reaching out to the Tesco gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

In my 26 years on this planet OP I have really only one certainty. People are knobs, plain and simple.

I have to say in your position I'd be far from happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

gscully wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. He's one of my favourites. Never seen him live, but have listened to clips of him.

If he could only speak Polish he may well have succeeded in reaching out to the Tesco gang.

Nah they were all from Waterford. At one stage he said it was his toughest gig in 20years, not a thing you want to be hearing from a pretty famous comedian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Did the rest of the audience not stand up to these lads and tell them to shut up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

they should have been booted out

• Advertisement

Did the rest of the audience not stand up to these lads and tell them to shut up?

It was mostly women, there was about 7/8 of them talking the whole time, to be fair it wasn't all of the gang making the noise. When he asked them to stop it got a cheer for everyone, they did stop for a while but then when their attention span wandered they'd start chatting again.
    Unfortuantly the gig didn't sell too well so that didn't help the atmosphere of it and also it was on the Escape nightclub which is an awful place to have a comedy gig.

I wouldn't mind but Flash was there for the whole gig and done nothing, he could of and should of had a word at least during the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

And you wonder why there is no meaningful entertainment in Waterford. The ignorance of some people in Waterford - is unbearable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Nah they were all from Waterford. At one stage he said it was his toughest gig in 20years, not a thing you want to be hearing from a pretty famous comedian.

I'd hardly call Jimeoin a pretty famous comedian,more of a well known plastic paddy,maybe he was having a bad night and he was using the people making the noise as an excuse.
    I wouldn't mind but Flash was there for the whole gig and done nothing, he could of and should of had a word at least during the break.

I'd say your making a mountain out of a mole hill to be honest,if it were as bad as your saying I'm sure Flash would of said something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I'd hardly call Jimeoin a pretty famous comedian,more of a well known plastic paddy,maybe he was having a bad night and he was using the people making the noise as an excuse.

He is a famous comedian and has a big profile in Australia.
    I'd say your making a mountain out of a mole hill to be honest,if it were as bad as your saying I'm sure Flash would of said something.

Aside from the fact that the comedian had to ask them to shut up and called it his toughest gig, I'll take the word of someone who was actually there!

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    He is a famous comedian and has a big profile in Australia.

Aside from the fact that the comedian had to ask them to shut up and called it his toughest gig, I'll take the word of someone who was actually there!

He doesn't have a big profile in Australia,he is well known on the comedy scene in Melbourne,and has been on TV a bit,i lived in Melbourne for a few years and i have seen his crap on the telly I have also seen him once on stage there,he had this weird Irish come Aussie sort of accent,and when i seen him in Dublin last year he had an Irish accent without any of the Aussie in it, although in saying that i did find "The Craic" mildly amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Id imagine Flash was wary of saying anything incase tesco dont go to his place for their staff night outs anymore. He always tries to get staff nights as if people get in a routine of going to his place he's guaranteed a decent sized group on a semi-regular basis.

Sounds shockin though, but as was said... People are knobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 foxylad2

It was mostly women, there was about 7/8 of them talking the whole time, to be fair it wasn't all of the gang making the noise. When he asked them to stop it got a cheer for everyone, they did stop for a while but then when their attention span wandered they'd start chatting again.
    Unfortuantly the gig didn't sell too well so that didn't help the atmosphere of it and also it was on the Escape nightclub which is an awful place to have a comedy gig.

i was at the gig - was not impressed with Jimeoin at all - we did talk to the tesco gang at half time and they quietned down - but tbh - Jimeoin acted the b***** from the time he arrived and threw several temper tantrums.
    As for Escape not being good for comedy - earlier this year
    PJ Gallagher - sold out gig 230 ppl
    Neil Delamere - sold out gig 230 ppl
    Jason Byrne - 190 bums on seats -
    smaller gigs for charities and WIT were all good performances from Steve Cummins, Simon O'Keffee, Damien Clarke, John Colleary, John Lynn, Patrick McDonnell etc etc

Comedy is a hard sell in Waterford - as is any type of gig these days -
    people need to get out and suppost comedy, bands, theatre,
    or promotors will cease to be interested in coming here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

First Gilbert O'Sullivan now Jimeoin! They should have been removed by security - that's what happens in a Dublin comedy club.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

Best of luck with your pub......

Your gonna need it

foxylad2 wrote: »
    i was at the gig - was not impressed with Jimeoin at all - we did talk to the tesco gang at half time and they quietned down - but tbh - Jimeoin acted the b***** from the time he arrived and threw several temper tantrums.
    As for Escape not being good for comedy - earlier this year
    PJ Gallagher - sold out gig 230 ppl
    Neil Delamere - sold out gig 230 ppl
    Jason Byrne - 190 bums on seats -
    smaller gigs for charities and WIT were all good performances from Steve Cummins, Simon O'Keffee, Damien Clarke, John Colleary, John Lynn, Patrick McDonnell etc etc

Comedy is a hard sell in Waterford - as is any type of gig these days -
    people need to get out and suppost comedy, bands, theatre,
    or promotors will cease to be interested in coming here!

Can you tell me what these temper tantrums as i didn't see any on stage? if he thew them with the staff then thats a different matter.
    I thought he was very funny as did a lot of people around me when he did get going.
    Trust me i'm not having a dig at Flash as i'm delighted he's getting these gigs, i really didn't like the setup for the gig but that wasn't why i was pissed off. The night was ruined by those people and they did carry on after the break as he had to stop and ask them to stop talking which was fair enough. And then you had some of them standing up talking to eachother when he was singing.
    It won't stop me from going to more gigs at all in Waterford, i just wanted to highlight the people involved who were pretty ignorant on the night.

Ha! What an odd post. I was there, i posted up what happened, i'm sorry i don't have the dvd although i do know it was recorded so i'll get you a copy of that.

At the end of the night i ended up talking to a few people who were p*ssed off as well. I saw Flash talking to one lad in particular at the end of the gig so i presume he said something to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Not Famous, and Definately not PRETTY!:eek:

Godsentme wrote: »
    Not Famous, and Definately not PRETTY!:eek:

Haha he has some skull on him alright. What i meant by famous was he's big on the comedy scene, i've regulary seen him on Live at the Apollo and other big comedy events on the telly. Famous was probably too strong a word.

Ha! What an odd post. I was there, i posted up what happened, i'm sorry i don't have the dvd although i do know it was recorded so i'll get you a copy of that.

No its ok,thank you, I don't want a copy, I don't find him funny in the slightest,but each to their own.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with your pub......

Your gonna need it

Lol WTF

Care to explain yourself?

No its ok,thank you, I don't want a copy, I don't find him funny in the slightest,but each to their own.

and thank you for your input on this thread.

and thank you for your input on this thread.

I gave my input on Jimeoin,in this thread that you started,there is no need to thank me, that's what boards.ie and other internet forums are about,see people start threads on things they like/dislike,and the OP (Original poster) likes to hear other peoples opinions and views on the topic in the thread,but every now and again people who reply to these threads might not have the same view/opinion as the OP,and so a discussion starts on various things related to the topic and more often than not the discussion strays away from the topic,and so when that happens a MOD (Moderator) steps in and tells the people posting to stay on topic,and sure enough everybody go's back to talking about the topic.

So in other words,get over yourself.

I gave my input on Jimeoin,in this thread that you started,there is no need to thank me, that's what boards.ie and other internet forums are about,see people start threads on things they like/dislike,and the OP (Original poster) likes to hear other peoples opinions and views on the topic in the thread,but every now and again people who reply to these threads might not have the same view/opinion as the OP,and so a discussion starts on various things related to the topic and more often than not the discussion strays away from the topic,and so when that happens a MOD (Moderator) steps in and tells the people posting to stay on topic,and sure enough everybody go's back to talking about the topic.

So in other words,get over yourself.

K, thanx, bye.

Lock it and bin it! This thread has been like a magnet for assholes..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Chillax lads, no need to bite each others heads of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

This thread has been like a magnet for assholes..

Hi guys!:)

Someone said that this jimeoin guy is big in oz. I dont think that is correct as I never heard of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... I dont think that is correct as I never heard of him.
    Yo Dude, in all fairness jimeoin probably never heard of you either, so you're probably quits. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

mathepac wrote: »
    Yo Dude, in all fairness jimeoin probably never heard of you either, so you're probably quits. :D

Yo, what up dawg? Dat be a dope point that you be spittin yo. Fo reel!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

some posts hurt my head

Advertisement