Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Technics

Options
  • 26-10-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Anyone else collect these models?
    I've 5 at the moment and 2 on order from Santa (or the wife)

And I've just picked up the city airport for the 3 year old and the police station for the 13 year (for xmas)

Roll on Christmas morning woohoo

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

used to love lego techic, and if i got one xmas morning, would be delighted, but fear i'm a little old now.

:(

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

irish-stew wrote: »
    used to love lego techic, and if i got one xmas morning, would be delighted, but fear i'm a little old now.

You're never too old for Lego Technic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'd love to still have all my old sets

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

Spocker wrote: »

You're never too old for Lego. Period. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Lego Builders "UNITE" YoungandOld. I am building it on and off for the guts of 37 years.I am currently into the StarWars stuff.Technics I leave to the Son.The Ferrari Planes and Cranes are Excellent.Keep the faith and keep building.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

mixer101 wrote: »
    You're never too old for Lego. Period. :)

Indeed. I spent a few weeks over the summer building this:

lego-taj-mahal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'd love some LEGO Technics and I was born before the stuff was invented.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I got back into Technics in recent years. I am not as keen about the 'studless' pieces, versus the 'studded' pieces. Its quite a change, but I do find a well built model to be a bit sturdier, than a studded version. I do a bit of Mindstorms(NXT) as well which I pretty much refer to Technic in my head. It is a wee bit more hi-tech but most of the pieces are compatible, plus I got into coding since I first played with technics over 10 years ago, so I get to experiment a bit with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I still have all my old sets from when I was a kid, my very first set was 851 from around 1980. I used Bricklink 2 years ago to restore all my sets and replace all the missing/damaged parts. Best thing I ever did! and I've bought a couple of the new sets as well which are amazing (8421 crane and 8275 bulldozer). I'm well into my 40's now and still love wandering around Smyths looking at the latest Technic sets. I must reassemble the old sets again and take a few photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish-stew wrote: »

Spocker wrote: »

Just seen another lego thread and got reminded of this one.

Actually got some Lego Technic and Lego City last Christmas morning. Okay, fair enough, it was some incomplete parts of three seperate Technic models, and a nearly complete Lego City all in one box, that my mum discovered in Grans loft, that had been given to me many moons ago, but I was litterlly like a child again that morning. Spent the next two days putting them all back together then, bar the third model due to missisng bit, even the second model had some doner parts so it could be finished.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement