Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying wireless router

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

YES it works in Ireland but it's for cable broadband.

If u have DSL Internet u can connect it to ur dsl modem and use it as an access point!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Presently using a Netgear WGR614 v7 on UPC myself, no issues :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Presently using a Netgear WGR614 v7 on UPC myself, no issues :)

so you have the Netgear WGR614 plugged into the modem upc gave you?(scientific atlanta)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

it should work alright if you have UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

crazygeryy wrote: »
    so you have the Netgear WGR614 plugged into the modem upc gave you?(scientific atlanta)

Yeah, cable from modem to router, cable from a router port to the desktop pc, and the wireless activated for whatever devices I have on the Wireless Card Access List.

Had a problem with the connection dropping, and noticed the Internet light on the router going orange, ended up being a cable issue (cable moving, just swapped out with a new one with a better clip for holding it in place) :rolleyes:

Everything working as it's supposed to these days :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement