Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO tips for metatags

Options
  • 26-10-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

ive been looking into including proper title, keyword & description onto my website but upon research through the web there seems to be a lot of contradiction regarding the way keywords should be listed. example being should there be a space after the comma while listing the words etc. but some proven advise would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Keywords aren't used by any of the important search engines anymore and haven't been for several years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Well..the way i write my tags is a comma and a space after.Eg: tag1, tag2, tag3

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gaillimh_abu

beebaw wrote: »
    ive been looking into including proper title, keyword & description onto my website but upon research through the web there seems to be a lot of contradiction regarding the way keywords should be listed. example being should there be a space after the comma while listing the words etc. but some proven advise would be greatly appreciated

Title ,Title , Title...

From my own experience.. Having your title in the correct mix of Keywords/Explanatory is very important. Agree with the guys above - meta tag keyword is dead as the dodo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 vijayrth11

Hi there
    Here are few tips, hope you will find these valueable.

Title: SEO Ireland,SEO Company Ireland.
    (you can simply seprate your title keywords by comma. Do not use too many keywords in title, keep all important keywords towards the begining).
    Description Tag: Should be no more than 150 keywords. Same thing here keep all imp words in starting and try to repeat your main keyword in descrip just one time. so your main keyword should be twice in description.
    Keywords: Keywords are not too imp in case of organic search. But include all relative keywords in keyword tag and It is very imp when you will run PPC compaign for you. It will effect quality score of your page.
    keywords can be seprated with commas like seo,seo ireland, ppc management etc...

or provide your website address and main keywords, i will write down all these for you and you can put to your website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement