Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Wolverhapmton Wanderers - Carling Cup - 26/10/10 KO: 20.00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hate to say it cos i love his attitude but this looks about the level Park should be playin at really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Raging I'm in work till 9, might catch second half.

I've been waiting for the day obertan and bebe played on the flanks in a game this year, potential for destruction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Great super sunday my fúck, I can't imagine two games I'd want to watch less than newcastle sunderland and liverpool bolton :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Quandary wrote: »
    Hate to say it cos i love his attitude but this looks about the level Park should be playin at really

To be fair Park has lost something from his game over the last 18 months, he's only a shadow of the player he was in his PSV days and early career at United.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Great super sunday my fúck, I can't imagine two games I'd want to watch less than newcastle sunderland and liverpool bolton :rolleyes:

Hah, that was fairly random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

I'm in work so can't use sopcast. Hence I need browser streams.
    hope their not checking your interweb usage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This is like watching a bunch of kids down the park. Same atmosphere too.

°°°°°

mars bar wrote: »
    Hah, that was fairly random.

I'm guessing Sky were pushing it on screen as if it were the greatest set of football matches ever to be televised.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

syngindub wrote: »
    hope their not checking your interweb usage :)

If they are, watching football is the least of my problems! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

This has the makings of an ugly 1-0

• Advertisement

We need us some Eikrem. Someone who can pass the ball forward from midfield.

If they are, watching football is the least of my problems! :P
    maybe hogging all the bandwidth might be though :)

Very nice movement there from Bébé...

maybe hogging all the bandwidth might be though :)

Nah, I'm in the IT department and one of the few people in the factory that has internet access on shift. The bandwith frees up about 5:30pm every day.

P.S. It's a sign of the quality of the game that discussing my internet usage is more exciting! :D

°°°°°

Whilst he isn't the new Lionel Messi by any stretch of the imagination Bebe is a lot more than the homeless no hoper the papers had him down as. Need's games of course but his pace could be useful once he gets used to his urroundings.

Glazers Out!

Nah, I'm in the IT department and one of the few people in the factory that has internet access on shift. The bandwith frees up about 5:30pm every day.

P.S. It's a sign of the quality of the game that discussing my internet usage is more exciting! :D

good stuff & agree the game is poor

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm guessing Sky were pushing it on screen as if it were the greatest set of football matches ever to be televised.
    Not only that, but the commentator even said, and I quote.

"Cancel your plans for sunday, because we have a great super sunday lined up" and then proceeded to bore me even announcing them, can't imagine watching them would be much better tbh.

Very nice movement there from Bébé...

He's taken up some nice positions alright. It'll take a while for him to adjust to the pace of English football but id say Fergie will be pleased enough with how he's done so far in this match...

nullzero wrote: »
    Whilst he isn't the new Lionel Messi by any stretch of the imagination Bebe is a lot more than the homeless no hoper the papers had him down as. Need's games of course but his pace could be useful once he gets used to his urroundings.

I've liked what I've seen of him so far. Not sure he's a right winger/attacking midfielder though. With that pace and strength he could be good as a centre forward. He could be dangerous when running 10 or 15 yards and getting a shot off. Not sure running 40 yards on the wing and then getting a cross in is his best game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I've taken dumps that have been more entertaining than this game. Smalling the only positive.

Not only that, but the commentator even said, and I quote.

"Cancel your plans for sunday, because we have a great super sunday lined up" and then proceeded to bore me even announcing them, can't imagine watching them would be much better tbh.

It gets better. Newcastle V Sunderland..............IN 3D! The bleakness of the northeast will really shine in 3 dimensions! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've liked what I've seen of him so far. Not sure he's a right winger/attacking midfielder though. With that pace and strength he could be good as a centre forward. He could be dangerous when running 10 or 15 yards and getting a shot off. Not sure running 40 yards on the wing and then getting a cross in is his best game.

Got to be honest, he didn't seem that fast to me. He is tall and athletic sure, but I didn't see any blinding pace. Nani and valencia are much quicker for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

s8n wrote: »
    my veetle stream just died - anyone else got a link ?

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4cc5e569aa353

Working perfect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I'm not seeing much positives so far, this lad Bebe hasn't done a hell of lot - but to be fair to him its more than most.

Kirby wrote: »
    Got to be honest, he didn't seem that fast to me. He is tall and athletic sure, but I didn't see any blinding pace. Nani and valencia are much quicker for sure.

That was sort of my point. He seems quick over a short distance but over a long distance the defender has gotten back with him. However stick him on the edge of the box and play a through ball into him and he's likely to get there first and get a shot on goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I don't know about that. I watched him for the reserves an the pace he has in amazing. I reckon Obetan, Bebe & Chico are the 3 quickest at the club.

Nani is 5 ft 9, Valencia is 5 ft 10.

Bébé is 6 ft 2, for his height, he is extremely quick tbh, he's not by any means slow at all.

Elokobi slipped and still got back at him for the scuffed cross. Don't get me wrong, he isn't slow.....but I'd say nani would leave him for dead. Obertan too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

It would be good to see them in a race alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Nani is 5 ft 9, Valencia is 5 ft 10.

Bébé is 6 ft 2, for his height, he is extremely quick tbh, he's not by any means slow at all.

Speed is not proportionate to height.

Usain Bolt is 6 ft 5.

• Advertisement

Didn't they used to have a race between premier players over 60 yards or something, for a bit of craic? Have this memory of Kanchelskis or someone being officially the fastest in the league. This was years ago by the way.

Didn't they used to have a race between premier players over 60 yards or something, for a bit of craic? Have this memory of Kanchelskis or someone being officially the fastest in the league. This was years ago by the way.

They use computer software for it now I think. If I recall, they did it last year and figures that Lennon was the fastest player in the league with the ball at his feet, and Agbonlahor was the fastest in a flat race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Macheda has been the problem today, Bebe and Obertan look likely but Macheda is playing very poorly. Park also.

Think Hernandez and Morrisson on for Park and Macheda would be a pleasant change, with Morrisson off Chico.

Paleface wrote: »

Usain Bolt is 6 ft 5.
    A greyhound is only about 3 foot tall and it's a flyer

Paleface wrote: »

Usain Bolt is 6 ft 5.
    Bébé would beat usain bolt in a race anyday.

Jesus Macheda is getting pushed off the ball far too easily.

I think what we're saying is that Bebe has great acceleration.

What a sh**e game this is.

I think what we're saying is that Bebe has great acceleration.
    I guess we'll only find out if he has lightening pace when we see more games but i reckon he is dam quick & would give nani a run for his money

Now that's what Macheda is good at. Pity it didn't go in.

• Advertisement

Macheda with a good attempt there - trying for the curler

I guess we'll only find out if he has lighting pace when we see more games but i reckon he is dam quick & would give nani a run for his money

Yeah he appears to be fairly quick alright. One think I have noticed though is when he is running with the ball, he keeps his head down. He needs to be getting the head up...

The curl on that one!

First shot on target in the 53rd minute from Gibson.
    :eek:
    (according to martin fisher on the world feed)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Park, Park, Park, what were you trying to do..?

Oh Park

Oh Park you capper

great work by Obertan to make all that space for Carricks pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Park FFS....great spot from Carrick

first shot on target in the 53rd Minute. Hum Dinger of a game

• Advertisement

Any other player than Park......