Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Wolverhapmton Wanderers - Carling Cup - 26/10/10 KO: 20.00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nailz wrote: »
    I liked Kiko for, like, a month. Honestly though, he's painfully frustrating to watch, and he's a greedy so-and-so, everysingle time he touches the ball he always thinks of having a shot; And when he does - that's that opportunity wasted, and if he decides to pass it he inevitably gets the ball nicked off him. That kid's rarely opts for the quick pass for a man on the run.

He's just a pain in the arse.

But when he does it, he does it right, ie. Valencia match.

But he can be fiercely frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hernandez is in great form, poses a good problem for fergie when rooney is back to fitness, and where does that leave berbatov if chico cant stop scoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Positives: Bébé has promise. Smalling looks solid. Chico time yet again! Some nice runs from Obertan.

Negatives: Amos doesn't look strong enough to be a top keeper. Evans still not looking good enough in defense. Macheda didn't do much.

Frustrations: Gibson plays a great ball for the goal but gives away possiesion for a goal. Seems to have his moments but isn't consitently good. Obertan does plenty of running but not much end product, possibly a rough diamond though?

Only thing I'd argue against there is placing for Obertan - for me he was so frustrating but admittedly that is nothing new imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

nullzero wrote: »
    To be fair, Kiko got a couple of great goals that helped us win the league, no one here would suggest that he's ever produced the goods properly for United. Chicarito is a much more intelligent player and better goal scorer.

A lot of people were building him up and I think it went to his head, this new fella needs to keep his feet on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Any key in particular or just go with drunken warbling?

A minor. And if you can't manage that, B flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Park man of the match on sky :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yes it's a league cup game, and most of you were abusing nearly every player from the start, it's a ****en league cup game
    I wouldn't say abusing, but I was very disappointed with a few players tonight, especially Evans myself, very below par performance, but as you said, cup game tbh, no point worrying too much or overeacting too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

nuxxx wrote: »
    hernandez is in great form, poses a good problem for fergie when rooney is back to fitness, and where does that leave berbatov if chico cant stop scoring

On th pitch beside him. Rooney will probably walk straight back into the team. But he doesn't deserve to in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jarvis was man of the match without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

The acceleration from Hernandez for the goal was frightening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

chico looks great and so promising to me on the other hand macheda just looks terrible to me :(

Did Park really get MOTM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Kinda wanted extra time in that, fun second half. But please never let me see Neville and Evans as fullbacks whilst drawing with 10mins to go, heart can't take it.

Park man of the match on sky :rolleyes:
    Johner wrote: »

Completely agree Johner - Sky doing there usual bs analysis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Positives: Bebe showed some good touches and also seems to have no fear when taking on a player or two.

Smalling was once again solid the first half but a little sloppy the second half but over all had a good game.

Negatives: Amos even though he didn't have much to do his distribution was poor from the back and not sure if he looks to be good enough

Gibson was very bad again, he made one or two good runs but also gave the ball away as well as for a goal.

Evans had a poor game again tonight. Smalling is ahead of him at this stage and looks the more confident. He was useless at left back.

Macheda was poor again tonight, i'm not sure what it is maybe he is trying far too hard and not sure he can play up on his own. I was expecting more himself tonight but another 90min for him.

I still hate him but Carrick deserves a mention as much as this pains me to say he had a good game tonight but was at fault for a goal, he gave the ball away as well but then again we only have to look at who he was up against.

Disappointed not see Brady, Eikrem come on and play tonight.

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    Did Park really get MOTM?
    Yep shocking i know

I think we should play more matches in the 3rd kit.

Yep shocking i know

Where have they got that from I wonder (MOTM):eek:

Manc-Red wrote: »
    His first 15 mins, and a goal.

That's the only real positives I can see from him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Vanbis wrote: »
    Gibson was very bad again, he made one or two good runs but also gave the ball away as well as for a goal.

I'm not his biggest fan, but credit where it is due mate. We would all be watching extra time if not for the goal. Most players wouldve taken the easy option and slid the ball out to the wing....but gibson kept his head, and slid a perfectly weighted ball into chico. And his passing today was very good. Lost the ball once for the goal, but tbh Evan was shocking in his attempt to block.

• Advertisement

I think we should play more matches in the 3rd kit.
    Why would that be ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Manc-Red wrote: »

Not sure who else would get it off Manutd tonight, there was no real out standing performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Yep shocking i know

Who would you have given it to?

Probably would've given it to Jarvis myself, but I don't think Park played that badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Any of you fine gents have any links to the goals?

Notorious wrote: »
    Who would you have given it to?

Probably would've given it to Jarvis myself, but I don't think Park played that badly.
    Off man utd, I'd give it to maybe smalling or fabio, both put in very good shifts at the back and Fabio made some great tackles.

Then again we could all just vote Chicho because he's awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

had a cheeky 5eur bet on Bebe first goalscorer at 13/2! happy days!

Thought Smalling was very solid at the back.

The first half was a bore fest. 2nd one made up for it.

Any of you fine gents have any links to the goals?

http://www.justin.tv/leecard - possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

had a cheeky 5eur bet on Bebe first goalscorer at 13/2! happy days!

Boom! Ditto dude. And to top it off. I missed the poxy goal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Utd Wolves goals - quality is a bit crap though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anywhere for highlights tonight lads?Missed the vast majority of it with work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Quandary wrote: »

Utd Wolves goals - quality is a bit crap though
    At least the video quality is ok:p

Why would that be ?

First away win in it and this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

But they wore the home kit tonight :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What was the attendance btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Right lads someone give me a realistic appraisal of Bebe's performance tonight. Was out playing ball in a gale all evening, some craic.

They wore the home jersey tonight? didn't they.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

flahavaj wrote: »
    Right lads someone give me a realistic appraisal of Bebe's performance tonight. Was out playing ball in a gale all evening, some craic.

Good movement, pacey, chased alot, final ball delivery not great though, but thats something easily worked on, shaping up to be a nifty little player, hopefully will step up to the line now.

RasTa wrote: »
    What was the attendance btw?

Crowd at #MUFC : 46,083 - ie 30,000 empty seats and 5,000 below attendance v Wolves in CC 3rd round last season - Daniel Taylor tweeted that earlier

At least the video quality is ok:p

cheeky :)

• Advertisement

They wore the home jersey tonight? didn't they.?

All of my days are rolling into one! I gotta get out of my PJ's more often...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ive officially lost faith in macheda. unless he has a massive chance in fortune and attitude, he wont make it. age has nothing to do with it, he is turning 19 in the next few months and he aint burned a ball hardly since he scored that goal at villa, 2 jammy goals is all he has got since in 18 months. he has started alot of games and been poor. maybe its cost in a few of them he has been up top on his own, but he has been poor to say the least, he must do better or fergie will lose faith in him. surely owen, back from injury is 4th choice and macheda is 5th now at this stage.

o shea, evans, park have all been woeful so far this season.

thankfully berba, scholes, nani and now hernandez are on top of their game and thats 20 goals them 4 alone have given us so far.

delighted for bebe to get his first start and goal, fantastic for the lad. along way to go yet, but he showed some touchs of class tonight and he will go home happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Johner wrote: »

I agree completely.
    Vanbis wrote: »
    I still hate him but Carrick deserves a mention as much as this pains me to say he had a good game tonight but was at fault for a goal, he gave the ball away as well but then again we only have to look at who he was up against.

I don't understand this attitude at all. It pains you to say that a player from a team you support had a good game. Awww poor you can't give out about Carrick as much as normal. Also was it not Gibbo that gave the ball away?
    ive officially lost faith in macheda. unless he has a massive chance in fortune and attitude, he wont make it. age has nothing to do with it, he is turning 19 in the next few months and he aint burned a ball hardly since he scored that goal at villa, 2 jammy goals is all he has got since in 18 months. he has started alot of games and been poor. maybe its cost in a few of them he has been up top on his own, but he has been poor to say the least, he must do better or fergie will lose faith in him. surely owen, back from injury is 4th choice and macheda is 5th now at this stage.

I'm growing a little tired too of him but in fairness any time he's played his best is always when he's been up top as part of a 2 man attack. Being the focal point like tonight doesn't really suit him. I also think he needs a goal.

For me, and i'm probably in the minority but Bebe didn't do nearly enough defensively. Jarvis had a field day and had so much space.

lordgoat wrote: »
    For me, and i'm probably in the minority but Bebe didn't do nearly enough defensively. Jarvis had a field day and had so much space.

I honestly think Bebe was just out of gas. He needs fitness and match fitness (obviously :) ) imo!

Although now that i think about it, Portuguese wingers never tend to be big on the defensive side of things really :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I honestly think Bebe was just out of gas. He needs fitness and match fitness (obviously :) ) imo!

Although now that i think about it, Portuguese wingers never tend to be big on the defensive side of things really :pac:

Quite possible but Jarvis was killing on the left wing, I still think he couls have done more.

You haven't been watching Ronaldo for Real this season. I've actually seen him track a serious amount of runs and cover marcello's ass on quite a few occassions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

lordgoat wrote: »
    I agree completely.

I was very impressed with Jarvis, never knew he was that quick!Every time he got to the byline he didn't just whack it in he played lovely passes onto the penalty spot for the runners to come onto, he's a real handful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

On the subject of Portuguese wingers tracking back I've been very impressed with how much Nani has been doing this season. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MotM voting can be done via the following link.

As always, open to all, please don't be a dick with your voting.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

o shea, evans, park have all been woeful so far this season.

whats O'Shea done wrong this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

On the subject of Portuguese wingers tracking back I've been very impressed with how much Nani has been doing this season. Fair play to him.

Must say this is the thing that has most impressed me when I have seen him this season and along with his marked improvement in form going forward he really looks a different player this year.

Opr

fair point

• Advertisement
Advertisement