Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Wolverhapmton Wanderers - Carling Cup - 26/10/10 KO: 20.00

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

MotM voting can be done via the following link.

As always, open to all, please don't be a dick with your voting.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Non-united fan went,

Smalling - excellent first half, most of the time was first to the ball before ebanks blake and fletcher. thought evans was shocking.

Bebe - Was always looking to beat Elokobi and put in some nice balls, scored as well.

Fabio - had a solid game didn't do anything wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Johner wrote: »
    Non-united fan went,

Smalling - excellent first half, most of the time was first to the ball before ebanks blake and fletcher. thought evans was shocking.

Bebe - Was always looking to beat Elokobi and put in some nice balls, scored as well.

Fabio - had a solid game didn't do anything wrong.

Oddly agreeing with you alot tonight.

This is how i'll be voting too, thinking on it, i may have been a bit critical on Bebe.

Edit - switched Fab and Beb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

lordgoat wrote: »
    Oddly agreeing with you alot tonight.

This is how i'll be voting too, thinking on it, i may have been a bit critical on Bebe.

Edit - switched Fab and Beb.
    I wouldn't say you were too critical at all, his defense was fairly poor, but that will come with experience, Nani and Ronaldo weren't all that mad for defense when they joined as has been stated, but I'm sure he'll learn, and start pitching in, especially when he gets his fitness up.

Would be nice for him to come good tbh.

Also, on the hernandez thing, I think a few people are building him up a bit too much, I love him, I think he will be a great player, but we need to see how good his consistency is and how he eventually copes with a drop in form before we call him a legend.

I do however have no doubts he will set Old Trafford alive many many times this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

ive officially lost faith in macheda. unless he has a massive chance in fortune and attitude, he wont make it. age has nothing to do with it, he is turning 19 in the next few months and he aint burned a ball hardly since he scored that goal at villa, 2 jammy goals is all he has got since in 18 months. he has started alot of games and been poor. maybe its cost in a few of them he has been up top on his own, but he has been poor to say the least, he must do better or fergie will lose faith in him. surely owen, back from injury is 4th choice and macheda is 5th now at this stage.

o shea, evans, park have all been woeful so far this season.

thankfully berba, scholes, nani and now hernandez are on top of their game and thats 20 goals them 4 alone have given us so far.

delighted for bebe to get his first start and goal, fantastic for the lad. along way to go yet, but he showed some touchs of class tonight and he will go home happy.

Couldn't agree more with this post. I made the same points in the United thread.

Macheda won't make it IMO. At the moment, form wise its Little Pea>Berba>Rooney>Owen>Macheda.

Bebe is funny to watch :D Such an unorthodox footballer and will need a lot of work on his touches and fitness but is an exciting prospect as he likes to always take on his man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

whats O'Shea done wrong this season?

He was poor vs stoke but can't remember any other bad performances. Evans has gone backwards a bit, park too. Players that have to step it up imo are them two, macheda, Gibson, Carrick and Anderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Manc-Red wrote: »
    He's completely brainless in the same sense a Greyhound is.

My Greyhound is one of the most intelligent dogs that I have owned !.

So Rooney & Berba
    or
    Rooney & Chico ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Trilla wrote: »
    He was poor vs stoke but can't remember any other bad performances. Evans has gone backwards a bit, park too. Players that have to step it up imo are them two, macheda, Gibson, Carrick and Anderson.

I think Park is playing pretty much as normal and he'll find it very hard to top last season but agree on the rest of them.

Evans looks very shakey lately, seems awkward tackling and look very liable to make a mistake, especially against the better forwards.

Smalling is looking better every time I see him play :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Discodog wrote: »
    My Greyhound is one of the most intelligent dogs that I have owned !.

So Rooney & Berba
    or
    Rooney
    & Chico ?

That's my choice at the moment tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Trilla wrote: »

Sorry O'Shea has been extremely poor for most of the season. Defensively he is fine, solid, but going forward he has been extremely poor, a massive drag on our attacking side of the game. I'm not really sure whats happened to him this season, he's been so strong for the past few seasons, I think he still hasn't recovered from his injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

PHB wrote: »
    Sorry O'Shea has been extremely poor for most of the season. Defensively he is fine, solid, but going forward he has been extremely poor, a massive drag on our attacking side of the game. I'm not really sure whats happened to him this season, he's been so strong for the past few seasons, I think he still hasn't recovered from his injury.

Didn't he get that injury this time last year? Quick year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

mars bar wrote: »
    Didn't he get that injury this time last year? Quick year.

18th November to be exact. Playing against France in Paris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Sickened I turned it off at half time:( Gonna watch it on Sky Sports again later;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

whats O'Shea done wrong this season?

alot. he aint been no where near as good as he has been the past 2 seasons and he has been pretty poor for ireland too.

sunday was his worst game in years v stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

alot. he aint been no where near as good as he has been the past 2 seasons and he has been pretty poor for ireland too.

sunday was his worst game in years v stoke.

Agree. He didn't know how to handle being closed down so quickly so he just put it out over the line which is exactly what you don't do against Stoke because of Delap's throws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Sickened I turned it off at half time:( Gonna watch it on Sky Sports again later;)

Why you turn it off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

O'Shea has got a few assists this season, notabley to Berbatov vs Liverpool for the winner, and another cross I cant quite remember the details of.

Still think Rafael is the best right back at the club on current form though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Id much rather solid at the back than either of the two twins or Gary Neville. They're prone to laying in the odd miss timed tackle. If they get a yellow early on in a game my hearts in my mouth cas I know the oppositions wingers are gonna invite tackles on to them constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I was complaining about him being poor going forward last season too. He just doesn't make the right decisions to help out his winger imo. Defensively, I reckon he's the type of player who needs the back four to be settled and in the zone. He's not quick nor agile enough for scrambling around covering for others' mistakes. I'm still happy enough with him filling in until Raf gets consistent enough.

I only saw the second half last night which was fortunate for me apparently. It went just like I expected really. Our second/third string finding it tough against Wolves. At least it was entertaining and there were some lovely goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted with the result but I was impressed with Wolves. Jarvis played well for them and I thought our own Foley did very well at right-back. Looks comfortable going forward. There's a lot of hype about Coleman at the minute, rightly so, but he's not quite defensively where he needs to be whereas I think Foley merits a chance against Norway. Maybe have Coleman in front of him on the right-wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Why you turn it off?

Bored tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    O'Shea has got a few assists this season, notabley to Berbatov vs Liverpool for the winner, and another cross I cant quite remember the details of.

makes up for the horrible, needless goal he gave them to equalise.

Advertisement