Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Ireland to london

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GummyBears

Moved over myself in July.

You'll need to get national insurance number. As soon as you have your address, you apply. I got interview for about a fortnight after application (via telephone).
    Interview by name but not nature..just bring passport and maybe another form of ID too.

Even though I was workin before receiving the card and number, I wasn't emergency taxed..just the usual 20%!:(

Bank account is more difficult. I tried before I got job but was told I needed proof of address but assistant said that they would except a statement from irish bank. So maybe you should switch the address of your irish account (If you know where you will be living that is!)

Now what happened in the end was that my employer effectively set up a bank account for me!! That was with LLoyds TSB and didn't have the proof of address. In employer's interest to get that set up lively so maybe they can help you avoid the annoyance re proof of address!!

Don't know much about driving licence issue but really don't think you have to do a test here if you've passed it back home. Fairly sure our irish licences are accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

how long after the interview did you get the ni number

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GummyBears

Received number within about a fortnight but the actual card took about 6 weeks.
    This standard practice I was told.

Advertisement