Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bull shot in Kilkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

what;s the story if a farmer asks ya to shoot a sick animal such as a sheep or bovine?

I'd very much doubt it would be OK, but I'm open to correction on that (as ever ;) )

Why would the farmer not call the Vet or the local Knacker if they needed a sick animal put down?

Bear in mind, your firearm is licenced to you for the purposes of hunting, culling, vermin control, or target shooting - Shooting livestock, even when asked, doesn't fall into any of those reasons for having the firearm, so you could be risking your licence IMO.

It would be a hard one to explain away if someone wanted to start a sh1t-storm and get you in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The word "culling" does have meaning there;). If he is willing to put it in writing and sign and date it that he wanted it done.However the only time I could see that happening is if it was an animal that went beserk and made it impossible for a vet to get close to use a captive bolt killer or injection.:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bustabunny

snipe02 wrote: »
    i spoke to a farmer on the waterford road in kilkenny a few weeks ago and he said he found a dead cow that had a wound which he thought was a bullet wound from a rifle i had permission on this farm and was told no more and i got it in the neck i dont even own a rifle and was on his neighbours farm but i understand how pissed off he must be giving people the right to shoot his land and be repaid like this i also have a permission in castlewarren but cannot see too many farmers out that way welcoming us in with open arms .idiots .it only takes 1 tool to **** it up for everyone else shooting gets enough bad press without this kind of crap happening 1 a month is someone trying **** up the shooting down this way on purpose or what
    were these cows dressed as foxes for halloween

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

I have 2 friends who have run Hunt kanckeries for 2 different clubs for over 30 years each and they've seen one animal ever that was though to have been accidentally shot.
    i think the , once a month, comment is far fetched to say the least.
    Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

bustabunny wrote: »
    were these cows dressed as foxes for halloween
    the other way around the foxes are dressing up as cows the sneaky ****ers

• Advertisement
Advertisement