Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question regarding P45 and the dole

• 26-10-2010 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Signing on today and everything was fine until the woman asked about my last job. I told her it was just a cash in hand weekend summer job and not a proper job but she still asked for a P45 or a note saying when I worked.

Can my boss get in trouble for this? I wouldn't have thought so but some friends have been making me think that cash in hand jobs are illegal.
    It was 50 euro for one day a week, saturdays. 6 hours.
    I wouldn't have even mentioned the job but she knew I worked there so I was just honest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Just ask ex boss for letter confirming you worked there. Cash in hand isn't illegal in itself. If you can't get a letter from him just tell this to SW, and tell them where / when you worked. Don't worry about whether anyone gets in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Johnstan

Will do, cheers. I'll post up how it goes next week so others in my situation will be enlightened :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Your old boss is going to go through you! :D There's a good chance he doesn't pay Er PRSI or file returns for casual employees especially for 6 hours a week during the summer.

Spoke to him on the phone, e-mailed me it straight away. Was a bit cautious though as it was cash in hand, but hopefully they wont check or care, just keep it as reference.

Had no problem with the note (instead of an actual P45) and was fine with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement