Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diploma vs masters

Options
  • 26-10-2010 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,

I am looking into a business masters and narrowed it down two about 3 areas i was looking in to. masters in managaement or marketing but then saw that there was a postgrad diploma in finance and wondering if a postgrad diploma was any use compared to a masters...

also what kind of jobs would be avaliable for a holder of a finance postgrad diploma.

any info is useful.

alternatively, i was wondering if anyone could suggest a good careers advisor...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

I cant speak to the value of the specific courses you mentioned, I however can say that a Diploma is significantly less valuable than a Degree and a Masters is effectively considered a second degree in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 StradBally

A considerable amount of post graduate diplomas have exactly the same syllabus as their (taught) masters degree equivalent minus the masters dissertation.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

My Postgraduate Diploma from NUIG is a level 9 the same as a Masters...

Advertisement