If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless LAN USB dongle

Options
  • 26-10-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I have a 32PFL7694 which up to this point i have been plugging in a portable hard drive to watch programs.

I have just purchased a Western Digital NAS Server for my house which i have connected to my Wifi box. I want to use the NAS server as a centralised storage for everything.

I'm wondering if it is possible to get a USB dongle that supports Wifi which i can plug into the Philips TV in order to connect to the NAS server?

I have seen a Philips dongle but it isn't compatible with my TV.
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/p/pta01_00/pta01_00_pss_aen.pdf

Any advice is much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Daithi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rossy00

i've been looking for the same thing and can't find it anywhere please let me know if find one. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi guys.

Took me a bit of digging on this one.

It appears that your TV does not support a wireless dongle.

The only option would be to email Philips and ask them if there is a possible firmware update in the pipeline which may enable it.

Sorry it's not better news.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Daithi Thorn

Cheers for the update Dave...will mail Philips and see what they come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

Very interesting thread!
    Can anybody confirm that Philips TVs is working with NAS devices?
    Dear, Daithi Thorn
    did you get connected your TV to NAS storage?
    What type of NAS you are using?

Anybody from Philips Shop can confirm that my 37PFL8605H will work with external network (LAN or WiFi) harddrive or any NAS servers?
    I'm not care about the connection: it could be wired or WiFi, the only thig is important for me: is it in general works.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Andersat2

I'll look into this for you.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Daithi Thorn

@andersat2
    I have got a western digital World Book Edition II which is hooked into my wireless router in the living room.
    My Philips TV is in the bedroom and I've never tried to actually plug the NAS server into the philips tv directly. I'm not sure it'd work as the i/f to the NAS server is ethernet and not USB.

I'll give it a try though and get back to you to see if it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guys

The answer seemstobe yes it should work...

There may be a few ifs and buts in there but as long as the NAS drive is DNLA complient (some need to have the DNLA switched on out of the box, some dont) it souldwork.

basically it will be plugged into your router along with TV so as long as the TV knows the NAS Drives ip address you should be rockin!

Let us know how you get on.

atb
    Ash - (with help from DaveMck and John)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

Ash,
    brilliant, thank you so much. I'll gonna buy NAS server and will post the result over there. Hope everything will be fine

Daithi Thorn,
    thank you for you help, hope, you will sort out wifi connection with you TV.

:cool:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.