Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone going to dublin @3rd of Nov?

• 26-10-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

as title:(

and is there have any class on that day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

What's on 3rd Nov?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

got this 6 days ago

On November 3rd 2010, students from all over Ireland will take to the streets in Dublin to officially protest against the proposed changes Government plan to introduce to third level. Our aims are simple yet of the highest importance.
    · Oppose the proposed rise in Registration Fees – which could be anything up to €3000 for any student doing a course next year, regardless of their year.
    · Oppose any cuts in the Maintenance Grant – which would come into effect instantly, so grant payments in December would be less than what they currently are.
    · End the “Brain Drain” – whereby students qualify from their degree courses and are forced to emigrate to find jobs.
    At present, it looks as if the Government seem to not care about third level students. They need to make cuts and students are an easy target. We aim to get in excess of 15,000 students out on the street to say in one voice that this will not do! It is not acceptable to us as students and as citizens!
    Next year if Registration Fees go up to anything near €3000, many students will not be able to attend CIT again, and the students that do will be put under immense pressure to pay their fees as well as accommodation and expenses, not to mention the families involved and the pressures put on them.
    We, the CIT Students’ Union, understand that every single student is busy with classes, labs and exams, but this is your day to have your voice heard. The National Budget is released on the 8thof December, and at that stage it is too late to complain. We, the students of CIT, need to stand up and be vocal. Each year our students proudly and strongly represent the college, and I hope that you will let yourself be seen on the day.
    CITSU are organising buses, free of charge, up and down to Dublin on the day to facilitate students to attend with minimal expense. We are asking that €5 is paid to secure your place on the bus, and a snack will also be provided for everyone travelling as well as a t-shirt for the day so as we look uniform in our approach. The buses will need to leave Cork at 8am so as we can be in Dublin on time. I strongly urge every student who can to attend. You will be able to sign up in the Students’ Union Office, in the Main Corridor in the Main Campus next week, or by contacting me directly. Students on off-site campuses should contact me directly and I will organise a day (or days) and time whereby I can effectively gather students together and sign you all up.
    Second to this, we are also organising a protest in Cork in conjunction with UCC to the same mandate on December 1st. This is exactly one week before the budget. It is to re-enforce our point, that these changes are unacceptable and unworkable. On that day we shall rally in the Nexus/Circle, march proudly and professionally from CIT at 11am to UCC, rally there and let them know that CIT is not the little brother, and march again into the city centre and let our presence be felt.
    Last year in Cork, CIT had in excess of 3,000 students marching. To compare this to our UCC counterparts, they had about the same number marching while they have triple our student numbers. This shows the strength and unity felt within the student body in CIT, and it is this unity that makes us proud to stand apart from the crowd.
    I trust that you, the student, the individual, will help yourself and your classmates and fellow student and decide to support the cause.
    This is your chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

College fees are like a sh1t that won't flush.

You can get them to go away for a while, but then they come back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Does anybody know what time the bus is coming back from Dublin?

Advertisement