Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky HD Remote TRIED EVERYTHING

• 26-10-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I've just got Sky HD and the installation crew left without
    tuning the new remote to control the TV...
    I've tried everything but nothing is working to tune it in.

Is the HD remote different? TV is Sharp but 0093 won't work...

Please help,

smallfry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bigfishman

The same code you used with your previous sky remote should still work with HD.

If you have this remote you can get it to "tell u" what code it is using

these instructions...from satcure.co.uk

1. Press the TV button on the Sky remote

2. Hold down Select and the Red buttons together for approximately two seconds, until the Red LED on the Sky remote blinks twice.

3. Key in 990 on the remote.

4. Key in 1 on the numeric keypad and count the number of times the Red LED blinks. The number of blinks will indicate the first digit of the code

Note that a 0 is represented by no blinks where you press the key. (My code is 081 so first time I tried it on my old Digibox remote I thought it wasn't working! And coming from a software background, I had a weird expectation that 10 blinks would be used for a 0!!!) Niall Gillespie

5. Input 2 on the numeric keypad and count the blinks to identify the second digit of the code.

6. Input 3 on the numeric keypad and count the blinks to identify the third digit of the code.

7. Write it down and keep it safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Or just go to interactive-customer services-programming your remote, and look up the model number of your tv in the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've a Sharp TV and had a problem with the correct remote code. The code displayed on the Sky help menu didn't work. I rang Sky and the guy at the other end gave me a different code that worked perfectly. So maybe give them a call.

I can't give you the code because naturally I didn't write it down at the time :rolleyes:

I tried the suggestion posted by bigfishman and the remote returned 012 as the code but the code given to me by Sky was a 4 digit code.

Have u tried 012 then??

press tv

hold select and red and wait for 2 blinks

key in 012

press select - should blink twice

now try the tv functions.

any joy???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Nothin working so far, tried the interactive route but the model number is not coming up on the list... Its a Sharp LC-32D44e-BK

I'll try giving them a call tomorrow and see if they can help... Bit of a pain
    to be honest...

Thanks for ye're efforts..

smallfry

• Advertisement

are u ok on the procedure for the 4 digit code??

are u getting 2 blinks after u enter the code?? e.g. 0093

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mcdoogle

Hey folks, been trying the instructions above but cant get the lights to blink twice when the red and tv buttons are pressed together. The installation dude said the code that the he inputted was the wrong one and that Samsung tvs can be awkward. Could it be that the remote is the fault?

Any ideas of what to try next?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

I have a Hisense Tv I got from HN a few years back. the sky remote cant and wont work with it at all as its a diff type of IR signal. should be called non-sense not Hisense. gave up on sky all together, now ive a FTA and DTT box with recording facilities, so to hell with sky charges..... got enough tv from that.

Red and TV together is incorrect - you must press red and SELECT together to get your 1st two blinks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://satcure.com/tech/digicode2.htm is a great resource for Sky codes.

WRT Samsung TVs, I found that older revisions of Sky remote controls didn't work properly - especially with volume control, you'd need to repeatedly press the volume button to go up incrementally. However, current revisions work fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement