Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Edited

Options
  • 26-10-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭

My signature was recently removed. I assume it was reported. All it contained was a Dropbox referral link with text clearly explaining the terms of the referral system.

As far as I can tell from the rules here, my signature was compliant. I received no PM telling me about my signature being removed.

My signature has been the same for quite some time and I have had no issues until now.

Clarity is needed in the rules.

Is this an instance of over-zealous modding? Can I reinstate my former signature?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Further to this, I notice that in the old signature rules, referral links are disallowed.

Perhaps whatever rules are meant to be in place at present should be migrated to the new supercedent set of signature rules on the signature forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hiya, no it's not a case of over-zealous modding, we've always banned referral links as you have seen linking to the old sigrules. I admit that some clarity regarding referral links on the new rules wouldn't go astray, however Dav has this on a to-do list as far as I understand.

Here is the most recent discussion on referral links in sigs.

I don't send warning PMs about sigs, I never have done, it's too beaurocratic to maintain a list of PM discussion about all the sigs that could/should be edited. I have always simply snipped the sig, at least now we have a forum (linked in your sig now) that you can go to and discuss the signature in private.

Advertisement