Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unappreciated jokes and pranks...Or maybe they just sucked

• 26-10-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭

I'm sure everyone as one or two of these up their sleeve, or floor as is the case with me.

A few years back myself and a mate were asked over to a girls house for dinner or something.

She was a bit of a neat freak to say the least, and was taken aback to see a smudge of dirt on the carpet one of us must have dragged in. Most likely me, since it was under my feet. She was going a bit mad looking at peoples shoes and having a go at her housemate.

To add insult to her already obvious injury I claimed it as my own. "It was me, it's a skidmark" I said as I squated to the floor and motioned backwards and forwards over the mark.

From the look in her face you'd think i'd just taken a sh1t in her handbag. At least my pal and her housemate got a good laugh out of it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

You had a laugh over something crap! Great stuff.
    In your case - they sucked. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You are not funny, and that's the worst "joke" I've ever heard. Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A guy did sh1t in a handbag at a recent party I heard about - confirmed by a number of reliable individuals. Another guy held the handbag open for him. To me, that's kinda worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Freidn told me he went a prty once. Buzzed the doorbell, and when the host came to the intercom, he shouted in a grufff voice "Ofen Sie die Tor bitte - Polezei" (or whatever the correct German is).

There was a pause before he was allowed in, but he thought nothing of it until he got the door of the apartment to find three very heated looking hippies who had just flushed something like three ounces of hash* down the toilet...

*Might have been somethign stronger, not 100% sure

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Look youse are giving the guy a hard time. He made a joke completely of his bat a couple of years ago and now he is just wondering if it was a godd joke and worth his time and effort. The poor guy just wants closure

We hope you find what your looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bob Z wrote: »
    Look youse are giving the guy a hard time. He made a joke completely of his bat a couple of years ago and now he is just wondering if it was a godd joke and worth his time and effort. The poor guy just wants closure

We hope you find what your looking for

In that case, no. Toilet humour is the last refuge of the unfunny (cases in point, Ben Elton and South Park). Too easy and requires fuak all effort or observation. "Ooh look - ****! Hahahaha!!!!"

(Sorry - thought we were talkign abotu jokes taht backfired):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    In that case, no. Toilet humour is the last refuge of the unfunny (cases in point, Ben Elton and South Park). Too easy and requires fuak all effort or observation. "Ooh look - ****! Hahahaha!!!!"

Yeah I was, didn't think it would be such a s ore subjct, or maybe ye all just like clean carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Dudess wrote: »
    A guy did sh1t in a handbag at a recent party I heard about - confirmed by a number of reliable individuals. Another guy held the handbag open for him. To me, that's kinda worse.

Very scummy.

Yeah I was, didn't think it would be such a s ore subjct, or maybe ye all just like clean carpet.

Ah, fair enough then. Not mad keen on carpets, ful stop, to be honest, give me wooden flooring any day!

phasers wrote: »
    Ouch. Put me in my place.

• Advertisement

Ouch. Put me in my place.

well it was a bit 's.h.i.t'

but at least you left your mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

phasers wrote: »

Who shít on your carpet?:pac:

Who shít on your carpet?:pac:

The OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Saw an episode of QI in which Joe Brand said this about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (he what wrote the Sherlock Homes stories)

As a trick, Conan Doyle anonymously sent a letter to five friends that read

"We are discovered. Flee immediately."

One of his friends disappeared and Doyle never saw him again...

So... who was the pranker and who was the prankee ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Someone with the name Ikky Poo2 giving out about toilet humour, awesome:P

Someone with the name Ikky Poo2 giving out about toilet humour, awesome:P

Been there, done that, it's poo as in cutsey poo kinda thing. Sometimes, a name is just a name (which, I really need to ****ing change!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Been there, done that, it's poo as in cutsey poo kinda thing.
    Yep, nothing says cute like a nice streaming turd :pac:

Yep, nothing says cute like a nice streaming turd :pac:

You keep your dirty mind to youself! What is it with the bloody coprophiliacs around here?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Freidn told me he went a prty once. Buzzed the doorbell, and when the host came to the intercom, he shouted in a grufff voice "Ofen Sie die Tor bitte - Polezei" (or whatever the correct German is).

There was a pause before he was allowed in, but he thought nothing of it until he got the door of the apartment to find three very heated looking hippies who had just flushed something like three ounces of hash* down the toilet...

Brilliant!!! (Nearly) Pissed myself laughing reading this, class!!!

I'd say those lads were very unappreciative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Ah, fair enough then. Not mad keen on carpets, ful stop, to be honest, give me wooden flooring any day!

Ya but the splinters can be dodgy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

Toilet humour the last refuge of the unfunny, eh? The day the sound of a fart is not amusing is the day I don't laugh at it...

That's why you hover your ass slightly over the floor

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I'm not that dodgy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I was in college sitting next to a girl, in a fairly big class. The lecturer was dull, and the girl leaned over to me, and said 'I can't take it any more, I'm getting out of here'. So she got up and moved quickly to the door. As she opened it, I shouted 'I'm sorry!' at her.

Everyone looked at me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

About a year ago there was a party at my house and my housemate was really looking to get stuck into this girl. I knew it would happen that night so I snuck into his room with a pin and pierced all his condoms. It was hilarious and they're new baby is ADORABLE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

A work mate from NZ told me a story (just now after I mentioned Ikky Poo's story to him) above about a group of friends he used to hang out with at the local pub.
    One of the guys used to grow his own weed at the back of his rural property, in an open topped water tank. It wasn't visible from the road, but would be from the air.
    One day he was in the pub telling the lads that he'd have to stop growing his own as the neighbours had grassed him up, and the cops were on to him.
    He'd just flushed all his stash, and had to destroy his plants because the police helicopter had been flying around his property all afternoon.

Turns out one of the other lads was having flying lessons that day, and thought it would be a bit of craic to fly low over the guys house.

Advertisement