Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listless leaves on Devils ivy plant

Options
  • 26-10-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a devils ivy plant
    Over last week or two i have noticed that although the leaves are a healthy green colour, they are quite limp and listless when you hold them or touch them - you would think they are dying but they have healthy green colour and have been like this for last week or so and arent going yellow. Same could be said of the branches. I attach a couple of pics. Leaves also seem to be getting inverted or turning in on themselves

The soil in the pot is quite moist so i dont think it needs water and the leaves at the base of the plant seem to be healthy and firm

The plant was in conservatory up until week before last so i dont know if it got damaged by frost or if it is natural at this time of year for a devils ivy to go like this

Is the plant dying or got damaged by frost or is this natural for devlis ivy at this time of year or do i need to feed the plant ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

One of the commonest reasons for leaves wilting like that - if it isn't obviously drought - is overwatering. Tip the plant out of the pot onto your hand (over a newspaper :p) if the compost is soggy or the roots are brown then its probably overwatered.

If that is the case lay the compost lump on a pile of kitchen paper and leave it for 24 hours to dry out a bit. If there is loose compost and you have some more (fairly dry) replace the loose stuff with drier compost. Have a look in the bottom of the pot or saucer that it is standing in to see is there excess water. Thats how I do it anyway, maybe someone else has a better way of doing it. (I sometimes suffer from over-helpful relatives).

Advertisement