Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solidworks challenge

Options
  • 26-10-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Ok im good at solidworks and autocad and ive stared learning inventor. I should be doing autocad and solidworks in college this year but because of inventor being introduced we wont be doing any more solidworks untill next year. I will keep up with autocad and inventor because of doing it in college but I dont want to lose my touch with solidworks.

I have the latest versions of all the cad programs on my home computer so will have plenty of oppertunities to do some solidworks at home. Im just wondering does anyone have any challenging solidworks tasks or projects that I can use to keep my mind fresh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

If you're really enthusiastic you could check out some of the work shown at the annual SolidWorks World conference - lots of advanced SW stuff on show.

In general, though, it doesn't pay to spend lots of time and effort becoming a full bells-and-whistles CAD guru at the expense of anything else. You're better off spending time on getting a more rounded engineering/design education, or even just automating the simple stuff (templates etc.) so you can focus on the creative work. Even if you don't use a package for a while it doesn't take long to get rid of the rustiness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

on the solidworks website there is projects for students

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/education/learning-resources-cad-students.htm

im not sure if you have to pay to use them though,maybe ask your lecturer about it. also ask him does he/she have other cad projects to do.

also i think there is a 3d cad competition for students but i cant remember the name of it.

maybe ask your lecturer

Advertisement