Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unused Artechic CS350 Alarm

• 26-10-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Would like to get this system up and running again but havent a clue where to begin. Would appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone may have and a ball point figure of cost.

Downstairs: there are 3 wired PIR's, (Hall/Living Room & Kitchen)
    Control Box CS350 unit and Keypad unit are in the Hall.

New pvc hall door was fitted so there are no entry/exit devices but wiring must exist somewhere.

Upstairs: PIR on landing and a small box over entry to boxroom door and a round ceiling device which (I thinks maybe a smoke detector) but not sure.

There are no door or window contacts/sensors at all.

Some pic's below:

MainConnBox.jpg

AlarmBox.jpg

Landingpirbox.jpg

landingceilingfitting.jpg

PIRS.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Looking at the first picture it seems there is no power going to the alarm. Do you have any codes off the alarm, even the user code ?
    You could default the system if you dont have any codes if the panel is not engineer locked.

You would need a cable tracer to find the cable if it is buried in the wall at the front door.

It would be easy enough to get it up and running again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

altor wrote: »
    Looking at the first picture it seems there is no power going to the alarm. Do you have any codes off the alarm, even the user code ?
    You could default the system if you dont have any codes if the panel is not engineer locked.

You would need a cable tracer to find the cable if it is buried in the wall at the front door.

It would be easy enough to get it up and running again.

Its powered all right...and to a very high standard imho.

Not even a user code...nowt. Saw on other thread here the default code can be used so seems not a big problem.

I'm guessing its only a single zone system thats there? Is there any way of being able to have the downstairs armed while a sleep at night including the hallway but then how would you disable it in the morning without setting if off.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Its powered all right...and to a very high standard imho.

Not even a user code...nowt. Saw on other thread here the default code can be used so seems not a big problem.

I'm guessing its only a single zone system thats there? Is there any way of being able to have the downstairs armed while a sleep at night including the hallway but then how would you disable it in the morning without setting if off.

When you say its powered, have you checked this out as the keypad is dead ?
    Is it just knocked off at the fuse board ?

The default code [1122] will only work if the engineer who installed the alarm did not change it but I would think he has done this.

Yes this can be done if it is set up in the programming.

When you say its powered, have you checked this out as the keypad is dead ?
    Is it just knocked off at the fuse board ?

The default code [1122] will only work if the engineer who installed the alarm did not change it but I would think he has done this.

Yes this can be done if it is set up in the programming.

Sorry altor when you mentioned not powered I misunderstood you and thought you were suggesting it wasn't actually wired up. Never seen it powered up at all. I just removed the battery as I didn't really like alarms at the time.

How would you disarm the alarm before going downstairs in the morning...
    pleaise excuse my ignorance in all this:( and thanks a mill for all your help.

It all depends how the installer who installed the alarm has it set up. To change any settings you would need engineer access to the alarm. To set the alarm on part set you press 0 down arrow 7. This will should allow you get to the keypad without activating the alarm in the morning. This is all depending on how the installer set it up.

• Advertisement

It all depends how the installer who installed the alarm has it set up. To change any settings you would need engineer access to the alarm. To set the alarm on part set you press 0 down arrow 7. This will should allow you get to the keypad without activating the alarm in the morning. This is all depending on how the installer set it up.

But the PIR in the hall will sense my movement and set alarm off and that's the bit I can't get my head around.

But the PIR in the hall will sense my movement and set alarm off and that's the bit I can't get my head around.

If the installer has it omitted in part set then it will be off at night, same as the pir on the landing. This means all the other devices except the pir hall, pir landing are on when the system is set in part set.

If the installer has it omitted in part set then it will be off at night, same as the pir on the landing. This means all the other devices except the pir hall, pir landing are on when the system is set in part set.

I just thought maybe it was possible to leave the hall pir active at night when asleep but I get you now.

Thanks for all your help just one last question if I ring the installer/alarm company to call out for a chat what do they charge for initial advice or how do they work. Should they give a free site survey?

You should not be charged for them to price the work you need done but make sure you ask in advance. If they do want to charge, I would ring a different company. It would be very easy for any alarm company to get your system up and running for you.

You should not be charged for them to price the work you need done but make sure you ask in advance. If they do want to charge, I would ring a different company. It would be very easy for any alarm company to get your system up and running for you.

thats excellent and thanks again altor. If I wanted to improve perimeter protection would it be possible to add Wireless Shock Sensors to downstairs windows and back door to this system.

• Advertisement

Your welcome danjo-xx,

The CS350 is only a 6 zone panel. It does not take wire free devices without adding a quick bridge to the alarm, you would also need free zones on the panel for this to work. You could if you want and the panel allows get the alarm company to run a cable and connect wired shock sensors to the windows and door on to a free zone.

excellento I think I have be head around this now thanks to your good self and ready to do battle with my local installer. gracious *thumbs up* :)

Dont forget to let us know how you get on or if you need any more questions answered let us know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭bren11

pleaise excuse my ignorance in all thisfrown.gif and thanks a mill for all your help.

Hi,

You can also install an extra keypad upstairs. I think that the cs350 will take up to 4 keypads.

bren11 wrote: »
    pleaise excuse my ignorance in all thisfrown.gif and thanks a mill for all your help.

Hi,

You can also install an extra keypad upstairs. I think that the cs350 will take up to 4 keypads.

The pir can be set on entry/exit or off to allow you walk past. This is how you can get to the keypad. Thats correct you can add more keypads on to the alarm. If you want an engineer manual send me on your e-mail by P.M. and I will send it on to you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally the PiRs would be off during part guard at night time.
    They may also be set up to be entry/exit zone during part set.
    This will give you a timer the same as if you come in the door.

The pir can be set on entry/exit or off to allow you walk past. This is how you can get to the keypad. Thats correct you can add more keypads on to the alarm. If you want an engineer manual send me on your e-mail by P.M. and I will send it on to you.

I dug up a user manual but even that is tough going:D just thinking it might be handy to have the engineer manual when someone calls out. Do you think its necessary.

Can a panic button be worked off this or is it only wireless systems.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They are handy to have.
    I sent you a PM.:)

I dug up a user manual but even that is tough going:D just thinking it might be handy to have the engineer manual when someone calls out. Do you think its necessary.

Can a panic button be worked off this or is it only wireless systems.

It is handy to have if your doing the work :D

With a quick bridge you could have a wire free panic on the system.

It is handy to have if your doing the work :D

With a quick bridge you could have a wire free panic on the system.

cool, :)

Is it possible to have a gsm dialer and how much extra would that add on.

The window contacts & sensors are these an all in one unit or two seperates.

What should be fitted on the exit/entry door, I assume a set of contacts/sensor and is there a tiny little busser thingy like years ago or does the control box or keypad buzz instead.

Its awful to be ignorant. :D

• Advertisement

cool, :)

Is it possible to have a gsm dialer and how much extra would that add on.

Yes, you would have to ring for a price. Here is a link. It can do voice or text.

The window contacts & sensors are these an all in one unit or two seperates.

They can be both, inertia/contact or inertia plus separate contact.
    What should be fitted on the exit/entry door, I assume a set of contacts/sensor and is there a tiny little busser thingy like years ago or does the control box or keypad buzz instead.

Its awful to be ignorant. :D

If its you front door a contact should be fitted. If your using the back door as an entry/exit route a inertia/contact should be fitted. It is the panel that creates the buzz through your keypad when the entry/exit timer starts.

Advertisement