Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally played this last night, what a class racer!! I kinda gave up on NFS but this looks like it is definitely on form. The cars are kinda heavy but get well slidey when you tap the handbrake so it evens it out. Had some great chases and that unlockable race is just class. Graphics, course layout, controls, cars, all 1st class!

I still don't know how they will be able to make a long lasting career with just you as a racer or you as a cop.

One brilliant feature was 'Your Wall'. It posts your friends times of the track. I was gonna turn it off after a few races but then I saw Irish Steve (fellow boardsie) was faster than me in both races so I couldn't stop playing the demo til I beat his time. When I beat his time, it posts a message on his 'Wall' telling him. Great incentive to keep playing the game.

I wasn't gonna buy this but want to now. Fallout, Black Ops, Brotherhood and now Hot Pursuit!!! I can't afford all these games!!!

GamesMaster mag gives Hot Pursuit 93%

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=273182

That is some high score for an arcade racer, wonder if the 'early review for good score' had something to do with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

sheehy83 wrote: »
    GamesMaster mag gives Hot Pursuit 93%

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=273182

That is some high score for an arcade racer, wonder if the 'early review for good score' had something to do with it

Gamesmaster can be inconsistent on the reviews.It was said that they gave Arkham Asylum a High Score for getting the Early review but that turned out to be bogus cause Batman AA was class.I'd imagine NFS:HP is that good.I hated Burnout Paradise but I may give this game a go due to the whole Cops vs Racers idea & I loved Hot Pursuit on the Cube a few years back.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thought this sucked.

Was hoping it was going to be Burnout with licensed cars but it's awful.

Terrible handling - too heavy and there's no skill of sliding round corners as you just tap handbrake and it almost does it automatically.

Can't turn off the f siren either it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

One brilliant feature was 'Your Wall'. It posts your friends times of the track. I was gonna turn it off after a few races but then I saw Irish Steve (fellow boardsie) was faster than me in both races so I couldn't stop playing the demo til I beat his time. When I beat his time, it posts a message on his 'Wall' telling him. Great incentive to keep playing the game.

haha same thing happened to me. I seen your score on the race, and played about 6 times to try beat it (unsuccessfully) but it was still awesome. I beat you and steve in the cop mode tho :P

It really does suck you in doesnt it? I'm still bouncing a bit off the sides but i am getting better

• Advertisement

thorbarry wrote: »
    haha same thing happened to me. I seen your score on the race, and played about 6 times to try beat it (unsuccessfully) but it was still awesome. I beat you and steve in the cop mode tho :P

It really does suck you in doesnt it? I'm still bouncing a bit off the sides but i am getting better

Ah FFS, I had things to do this morning and now I have to play this to beat your cop score!! :D

I had a flawless race and found a nice shortcut too ;)

haha I'll get home from work tonight and no doubt have times to beat :D

haha I'll get home from work tonight and no doubt have times to beat :D

Just spent the last 30 minutes trying to beat your time, how in hell did you manage 1:30!!!!

My last run, I had one guy left, really low health. He hit my road bloack and i flew past. I pulled a 180 and was just about to finish him when he disapeared and was placed 100 feet down the road. I would have gotten a time of 1:35!

The road blocks are well annoying, they either go straight through em or get completely stopped and you fly past.

I will beat your time, mark my words haha

Just spent the last 30 minutes trying to beat your time, how in hell did you manage 1:30!!!!

My last run, I had one guy left, really low health. He hit my road bloack and i flew past. I pulled a 180 and was just about to finish him when he disapeared and was placed 100 feet down the road. I would have gotten a time of 1:35!

The road blocks are well annoying, they either go straight through em or get completely stopped and you fly past.

I will beat your time, mark my words haha

haha it was pretty lucky actually. After trying to beat your race time, i tried about 6 times, got fed up, and tried the cop one. First go i managed it, got ahead of the racers and set up spike strips, 180 bang them up, then road block for the left overs

haha it was pretty lucky actually. After trying to beat your race time, i tried about 6 times, got fed up, and tried the cop one. First go i managed it, got ahead of the racers and set up spike strips, 180 bang them up, then road block for the left overs

I saw some Cop vids on yootoob, fastest I saw was 54 seconds. Guy set up a road bloack and took 3 cars out with it, so flooky! Anyone that left a comment agreed as well as the poster haha. I love being neck and neck with a guy, then slowly slipping ahead, swinging in front and dropping a spkie strip in front of him. The race has such a different feel to the cop mode. EA/Criteron are definitely onto something with that Autolog thing. So addictive trying to beat scores just so you can come on Boards and brag about it haha

• Advertisement

I saw some Cop vids on yootoob, fastest I saw was 54 seconds. Guy set up a road bloack and took 3 cars out with it, so flooky! Anyone that left a comment agreed as well as the poster haha. I love being neck and neck with a guy, then slowly slipping ahead, swinging in front and dropping a spkie strip in front of him. The race has such a different feel to the cop mode. EA/Criteron are definitely onto something with that Autolog thing. So addictive trying to beat scores just so you can come on Boards and brag about it haha

yea while it is about skill, alot can to be do with luck also.

The Autolog is awesome, never thought I'd be into it at all. I will get another chance to play again properly at the week. Doin some crazy overtime at the moment so not much gaming, which sucks considering the demo will run out soon

yea while it is about skill, alot can to be do with luck also.

The Autolog is awesome, never thought I'd be into it at all. I will get another chance to play again properly at the week. Doin some crazy overtime at the moment so not much gaming, which sucks considering the demo will run out soon

Shiite, forgot about the deadline! night shifts have me like a zombie to be playing this during the day but will try get another crack at it this weekend. I just saw as well they have my favourite car, the Dodge Viper. Okay, it's not the GTS but it's close enough! Will have to get this and Fallout for Christmas as Black Ops next week and Brotherhood after that will leave me broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

have managed a 1.29 myself but im second to a person on my list with a 1:08 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I like a few NFS games here and there, but didn't really bother investigating this one too hard. I saw a hands on review of it on gamepsot, and gave it a read... And now I'm excited! This game sounds excellent. The idea of getting th Burnout team behind the gamw was a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

10 out of 10 Racing Game, I'm in love with the boxster.

My thumbs in bits:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

1.13 is my top score now :D

couple of good reviews up for this in IGN and Eurogamer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Cant wait to hop into a Veyron and smish me some racers........but its also released the same day as Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.......

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Cant wait to hop into a Veyron and smish me some racers........but its also released the same day as Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.......

I thought hot pursuit this friday and brotherhood next friday? Either way, I just got black ops today and can only afford one more game this year and brotherhood has to take it!

Will pick up HP if i get any game vouchers over christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Gah, its not out over here until next Tuesday. Want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stephen wrote: »
    Gah, its not out over here until next Tuesday. Want.
    Hate to break this to you, but it isn't out until next Friday (19th)

gonna have a wonder down to xtra vision later and see if they have it on the shelves. I live next door to one, and I seen the delivery boxes arrive a few minutes ago...... Its there I know it lol

class! let us know if it's there! Not that I can can buy it just yet. Brotherhood first. Will get this around Christmas hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

gonna have a wonder down to xtra vision later and see if they have it on the shelves. I live next door to one, and I seen the delivery boxes arrive a few minutes ago...... Its there I know it lol

If they sell it to you I'll be taking a wander down myself.

No luck, they didn't have Hot Pursuit or Assassins Creed

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Just a few hours to go.

HYPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm not really into racing games - or racing simulations rather - but absolutely loved Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. Spent weeks playing it and may have to pick this one up now.

If anyone has it yet can you let me know if there's a xboxlive trial code with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

So whats the best price?

Be picking it up later, heard Gamestop comes with 2 dlc cars and a t-shirt, think it might be a pre order bonus though.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna be well pissed off if there's a tee in Gamestop, just bought it in Xtravision, limited edition for €50.

:(

Advertisement