Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

mailrewop wrote: »
    was just on the argos website and its still marked as €48.99 but in the booklet i got today its €30.99, gonna go in tomorrow to check it out.

Could you tell me how that goes Mailrewop.I seen you wrote it earlier & went to Argos.ie but it wasn't cut there.I also seen in a Argos ad on tv today saying they cut the prices of numerous games but it doesn't give any.Hoping they cut the price of Enslaved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

here's a pic of the ad if anyone wants to print it off to bring it with them just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Bought this yesterday for the PC on the weight of the good reviews.

Feel free to add me. Username: leimrod

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Me and yitzack added you, we use the tactical shooters mumble if you see us online we be on that.

kinda sad only 3 of us :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Me and yitzack added you, we use the tactical shooters mumble if you see us online we be on that.

kinda sad only 3 of us :(

Well I'd imagine there are more of us, but the're probably on Hamachi or some variant :p for obvious reasons ;)

Played a bit of it today. Do you know how to enable AA or AF in it? It's a shameless port, I can't find any advanced graphical options in the menus.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Well I'd imagine there are more of us, but the're probably on Hamachi or some variant :p for obvious reasons ;)

Played a bit of it today. Do you know how to enable AA or AF in it? It's a shameless port, I can't find any advanced graphical options in the menus.

I have 4870 and reckon its not gonna any better looking tbh, brilliant game tho its an arcade racer based on NFS made by Criterion.

One turn, one crash, one slip up on adrift and you lose, brilliant fun online.

thank you G2play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

From what I could gather from searching online, the original PC release had no AA installed - it does now (if you update your gpu drivers) but a quick google search will tell you that you should not be surprised if your game continuously crashes - and v1.2 still has no AF.

I'm YitzacK, btw. Any PC players feel free to add me.

nummnutts wrote: »
    From what I could gather from searching online, the original PC release had no AA installed - it does now (if you update your gpu drivers) but a quick google search will tell you that you should not be surprised if your game continuously crashes - and v1.2 still has no AF.

Where did you get the update from? I haven't received any popups when opening the game to let me know that an update was installing.

I checked the version.txt file in the install directory and it is still saying it is version 1.0.0.0. What version are you currently on?

Where did you get the update from? I haven't received any popups when opening the game to let me know that an update was installing.

I checked the version.txt file in the install directory and it is still saying it is version 1.0.0.0. What version are you currently on?

Ea downloader updates the game or it should.

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/post/need-speed-hot-pursuit-pc-patch-1

Check your autologs ;)

Yiz have some new times to beat :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Lovin this game. big fan of the hot pursuit series

PSN is Paddy-Chaos

Add me if you like, I wouldnt mind some competition

Got the AMG tonight and raped everyone.

Cracking ****ing car. Pog level up you need more cars :)

leimrod add pogmothoin ;)

Got the AMG tonight and raped everyone.

bout fuppin time... geez, I've had to add a load of pubbies to my friends list to actually get some times to beat :D

Pagani Zonda FTW. Since it first appeared in NFS games its always been my favorite.

I'm liking the game but it's very shallow. It's a through and through Arcade racer, which isn't a bad thing, but I do miss being able to tweak aspects of my car to make it drift better, accelerate faster or have a higher top speed.

OST is utter muck also. Of the 3 or so songs I do like I can't listen to them without trying to quickly flick through the songs while the race is underway. Why didn't they include the ability to change the songs from the pause menu :confused:

Also, added pogmothoin, I'm guessing that's his username?

bout fuppin time... geez, I've had to add a load of pubbies to my friends list to actually get some times to beat :D

Pagani Zonda FTW. Since it first appeared in NFS games its always been my favorite.

I'm liking the game but it's very shallow. It's a through and through Arcade racer, which isn't a bad thing, but I do miss being able to tweak aspects of my car to make it drift better, accelerate faster or have a higher top speed.

Also, added pogmothoin, I'm guessing that's his username?

The 2 online modes do it for me, took me about 20 goes to beat your time today and i shaved .50 seconds of it. Thats ****ing brilliant.

I hammered pog and numnutts other night in an online race and pog took me out early doors in the next race i spent 6 minutes trying to see them while they battled for 1st. Cnut :pac:

Its a fun racer nothing more and very fitting triquel. Think they going with DLC cars rather than tweaking which i dont mind me and numnutts modded the **** out of NFS HP that we forgot which cars were which.

took me about 20 goes to beat your time today and i shaved .50 seconds of it. Thats ****ing brilliant.

Good going. Btw, I just shaved a further 5 seconds off the new time you set :D It was close to a perfect run so you have your work cut out for you ;)

If you can get through those shortcuts without touching the sides or losing much speed you'll easily beat it.

Good going. Btw, I just shaved a further 5 seconds off the new time you set :D It was close to a perfect run so you have your work cut out for you ;)

If you can get through those shortcuts without touching the sides or losing much speed you'll easily beat it.

I didnt use any shortcuts on my run reckon theres at least a second there without shortcuts, will try the shortcuts on my next run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Got this today if anyone wants to add me on PSN, Krudler89 is my tag, having a blast with it so far, competitive pursuits are awesome fun

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bought this on PC and haven't installed it yet. Hows the racing online? Messy or very competitive? NFS Shift was very good for tight clean races, unlike a certain GRID :rolleyes:

Bought this on PC and haven't installed it yet. Hows the racing online? Messy or very competitive? NFS Shift was very good for tight clean races, unlike a certain GRID :rolleyes:

Great fun but theres more fun to be had in the Autolog. Online races are very good but the added bonus of ramming someone from the track or crashing keeps it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

krudler wrote: »
    Got this today if anyone wants to add me on PSN, Krudler89 is my tag, having a blast with it so far, competitive pursuits are awesome fun

Hey man will add ya later! my PSN is sheehy83. I just started using the Super Series cars, Loving the Dodge Viper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Hey just got this for xmas.

Add me if you want.

PSN: jebuslives

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

hey, feel free to add me, i fancy knowing how good (or bad) i am at this NFS game.:cool:

PSN username dego01

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

8 player pursuits are amazing fun in this, much prefer being ths cops as having a chopper fly overhead looks cool :pac:

Great fun but theres more fun to be had in the Autolog.

Really? I thought you where only doing the online races? I log in each day to find nobody has posted anything new in the autolog. I've added a load of randomers now to get some times to beat.

Would love to race with yous but, being -8 GMT means I'm usually not home from work yet by the time yous are going to bed :(

Yeah Hot Pursuit mode seems to be getting the most online traffic atm in the PC version. I find I'll be sitting in Race mode waiting for someone to join for ages, but hot pursuit mode will fill up pretty fast.

@cherryghost: What is your EA username?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Username is cherryghost

I won't be playing it any time soon though, getting about 10fps.

Username is cherryghost

I won't be playing it any time soon though, getting about 10fps.

theres a patch buried on the NFS site somewhere.

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/post/need-speed-hot-pursuit-pc-patch-1

Have it installed already. Was getting about 8fps without the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

anyone lookin for an xbox live friend for autolog times and stuff just add me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Just got this (:
    Add me? :D
    psn: marko93101

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Any other xbl players looking for some autolog cannon fodder, add me!

Advertisement