Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loading photos From camera to computer

• 26-10-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

I cannot load photos from my camera to computer.
    I used to simply plug the cable into my camera and into the computer and a small window would appears at bottom right of screen . I would click import pictures and download would begin.

When I do the plug ins now nothing at all happens.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Please note.. that I did have some problems with my computer a few weeks ago where I could not get internet explorer to respond for days.
    Could I simply have lost the programme somewhere in the system .
    Camera is a kodak md1063

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Plug in the camera. Open My Computer, the camera should show as a removable drive, just copy the photos from it the same as you would any file from a removable drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Thanks for reply.
    I dont have a " my computer icon ".
    Could it be known as anythong else.

I have an idea that there used to be an icon before the problem as above.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

what windows version you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

If you press the windows key on your keyboard (should be left to 'Alt') and press the letter 'e' at the same time, this should open 'My Computer'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

Picasa has an import feature, doesn't delete the original files from the camera either.

http://picasa.google.com/thanks.html

• Advertisement

Thanks for replys..
    I am using Windows Vista Home Premium.

I have loaded Picasa 3 and I still cant load photos.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thanks for replys..
    I am using Windows Vista Home Premium.

I have loaded Picasa 3 and I still cant load photos.

Thanks.

Did you check the device manager to see if its a driver issue with the camera?

Start Menu
    Right Click on My computer
    Properties
    Hardware Tab
    Device manager

If the camera comes up with a yellow question mark its a driver issue.

Oh and in my experience the software that comes with the camera is overkill. Picasa or simple open the camera in my computer and copy/cut and paste works just as good.

Hopefully its only the camera and not the computer itself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

"My Computer" is simply called Computer in Vista. This is the program called Windows Explorer

vista_start_menu_1024x768.jpg

Click the "Start" button which is now a circular windows icon at the bottom left of the screen, this opens the "Start Menu". Click Computer. This opens Windows Explorer.

vista_explorer_1.gif

Here you will see all your storage devices. The hard drive of your PC is here. Your Documents folder and all the files that Vista uses to run are stored here.
    Plug in a USB stick or camera and it'll appear here as a "Device with Removable Storage". Just double click to open the drive and browse around. Then copy and paste your files to where ever you want to store them, typically in the Pictures Folder in Documents.

Some cameras need to be set to work as a mass storage device from the camera's menu.

Vista may just show your camera as a camera instead of a removable disk.

Also try reinstalling the camera software, if you can't find the disk you can download it here:
    http://wwwuk.kodak.com/global/mul/service/downloads/DownloadLookup.jhtml?pq-path=13228/13229&product=EKN035310

Also get a better browser than Internet Explorer, it's awful.
    Google Chrome is an excellent and very fast alternative for example.

Thanks for all the help folks. I seem to be back in action again. Fingers X .

Advertisement