Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't print PDF files, need help!

• 26-10-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have an Epson SX515, worked fine wirelessly til last week when it decided firstly that it wouldn't work wirelessly, now it's decided it will only work sometimes with the USB cable attached. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, now it will print Word documents, but only after about 10 minutes of freezing the programme.

I'm trying to print tickets for a concert this weekend, they're in Adobe Reader. When I press print the programme hangs for a few minutes then eventually I get the print screen. When I press print here the programme freezes then crashes. I've tried printing them from a saved document and also from the internet but it just crashes Firefox when I try. I've been trying all day, and have tried with other Adobe documents, but the same thing keeps happening.

Has anyone any advice/help? I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Disable the wireless in case the printer thinks it is connected by wireless as well as USB.

Try a different USB port.

Try to reinstall the printer driver.

If it was working fine and then stopped it could be a hardware problem with the printer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Uninstalled printer software completely, and reinstalled it. It's now saying the printer isn't connected to the network the server status is unknown. I'm completely lost at this stage. It installed absolutely no problem the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Are you trying to connect it using the wireless or the USB. If you just plug it into your computer using the USB does your computer see it?

I've tried reconnecting it wirelessly as that's what I bought this specific printer for (the wired model was €50 cheaper). Everything goes fine during the installation but then the printer doesn't appear on my home network anymore. At the end stage it says it's connected and to print a test page - I press ok, nothing happens. When I go into networks and go to add printer and choose my one, it says it's already installed.

Just reinstalled it using the USB cable. It will print eventually from Word but only after hanging for a few minutes (Just says "connecting to printer" for 3-5 minutes before printing). Still freezing every time I try to print from Adobe Reader.

Tried using the printer with another pc and it works no problem. Can anyone think of a reason it won't work with my laptop? I haven't installed anything new (that I know of!) recently. I've tried the epson website which only goes over physical printing problems ie cleaning print heads, and I've tried googling but getting too much unrelated info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

I do not know which OS you are using but you should try the links below for XP, VISTA and Windows 7. As you can see the Add/Remove programs is only a part of the complete uninstall of your printer.

I would suggest a reboot of your computer after removal before you try yet another install.

http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-SX515W/Drivers-Support?target=article&extn=.html&articleId=1322

http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-SX515W/Drivers-Support?target=article&extn=.html&articleId=1431

http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-SX515W/Drivers-Support?target=article&extn=.html&articleId=4199

Thanks Dulchie, just finished removing everything (I hope). Going to try reinstall and hope it gets things working again!

Advertisement