Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe to use hoover with broken cord rewind?

Options
  • 26-10-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Could landlord force tenant to use vacuum cleaner with broken cord rewind? I presume it's safe, but it's broken some way and shouldn't be repaired first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Personally I would think it would be pedantic to insist on your LL replacing this.

A broken vacuum player to me means that it is not actually cleaning the carpet.

The cord doesn't wind up - not really a biggie!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If the only thing it doesn't do is rewind, it is likely to be OK.

However, what I would worry about is if the actual cable has been partially disconnected internally. is it possible for you to check?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Yes it is safe, in fact you should alway spool out the cable fully when using it, that prevents a heat build up in the cable.
    The cable end will be securely clamped in the machine, unless you relly give it a hard pull, and then your RCD on the fuse board will trip, keeping you safe from a shock

Advertisement