Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seventh son of a seventh son

Options
  • 26-10-2010 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    Has anyone heard of a healer who is the seventh son of a seventh son? and can cure gout?! I heard there is someone in Galway, east of the city maybe, just wondered if anybody has any info? Or any other cures for gout would be good too!:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

join date. 2006

1st post. 2010 and your 1st post is an query about the 7th son of a 7th son, thats class.

in answer to your question,no,never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

No never heard of him either, but my dad controls his gout with a gout diet - google it - there's loads of sites, here's one

http://arthritis.about.com/od/goutdiet/Gout_Diet_Diet_and_Gout_Food_to_Avoid_Low_Purine_Foods.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hanns.s

I could have that wrong but I am sure there is, conneally me thinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

There's a guy in Gort who cures people. He's a butcher as far as I know. Supposed to be brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

There is a seventh son in Ballinrobe, about 40 mins from Galway. PM if you need details and I'll get them for you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I know a seventh son of a seventh son that can cure gout. He's a doctor.

ah lads, seriously, come on, where are we, in the dark ages

ah lads, seriously, come on, where are we, in the dark ages

no mate, this is IRELAND. a supposedly secular country where we have anti-blasphemy laws and our national broadcaster issues a call to prayer every day at noon and 6 pm. :mad:

Touché!

well played :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

this is IRELAND. a supposedly secular country

Its a dilemma.

On the one hand I consider religion a dangerous cult but on the other hand suggest I spend the night in a fairy fort and I;d say you're out of your f'ing mind.

Its what differentiates us from the english.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

There was a 7th son of a 7th son in Ballinamanagh, Clarinbridge, Bannon is his surname but I don't know his first name and not sure if he's still living there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Who actually believes in this nonsense ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

hanns.s wrote: »
    I could have that wrong but I am sure there is, conneally me thinks?
    He lives in Dunmore now,Gabriel is his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Lapin wrote: »
    Who actually believes in this nonsense ?

Lots of people, tragically. There is a woman called Bridie Fahy in Mervue who, apparently, can cure all sorts of ailments and people have told me that she brought some patients out of a coma.
    Bet she cannot give me the winner of the 1 o clock in Plumpton tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I know a first son of a seventh son. Will this suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

dec25532 wrote: »
    Lots of people, tragically. There is a woman called Bridie Fahy in Mervue who, apparently, can cure all sorts of ailments and people have told me that she brought some patients out of a coma.
    Beau Fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

cas wrote: »
    Or any other cures for gout would be good too!:)
    Thanks

attachment.php?attachmentid=134828&stc=1&d=1289772791

Union Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

[/B]

Union Island.
    We have found the chosen one

• Advertisement

[/B]

Union Island.

You a genius Lapin. I feel riches coming my way in bundlefulls!!! Any more 'sure things' greatly appreciated.

amiable wrote: »
    We have found the chosen one
    You a genius Lapin. I feel riches coming my way in bundlefulls!!! Any more 'sure things' greatly appreciated.

And I'm only the first son of a first son :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭morcheen k

what's wrong with a good old pray? surely that will cure it :)

the life of brian is still alive and well in Ireland :P

i see the 7th son of 7th son add in the irish world newspaper every week over here in london.looks like a picture of him from the 1970's or maybe he can halt the signs of ageing too :)

i'm a 2nd son of a 2nd son,not quite the same ring to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I know a first son of a seventh son. Will this suffice?
    God no, that would be the exact opposite of a seventh son, an anti seventh son if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunnyshinedays

Nugget89 wrote: »
    There's a guy in Gort who cures people. He's a butcher as far as I know. Supposed to be brilliant
    My husband spent almost a decade in the states with the docs wanting to open him up and operate. Unless you're a millionaire tis hard to be on flat of back without any earnings for 6 months after surgery.
    ,moved to Ireland and had incident whereby he couldn't straighten up or move....heard of Gerry Donoghue, butcher in Gort....My husband was sorted within less than a day of visiting Gerry Donoghue (7th son on 7th son). That was 6 years ago. 'have no idea how he healed my husband, but he did. His name is blessed many times in our household!!

Hi Gerry

Hi Gerry

Do you not believe the previous post is genuine? Aaah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I am not the butcher, however, I don't live far from Gort and often seen throngs of horse-lorries and trailers at a pub near Gort, always presumed it was the hunt. Far from it, it is Gerry Donoghue who once a week treats horses there, Greyhounds too.

I am an absolute non-believer and actually watched him work. The man knows what he is doing, all the mumbo-jumbo aside, he manipulates joints, kneads muscles etc. and is very successful with the animals.

I never seen him work on humans so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

how about the 2nd son of a 2nd son?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

you never hear of 7th daughter of a 7th daughter...
    or would that just be a witch.

Advertisement